Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,656 members, 7,827,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

How Not To Buy A Stolen Car - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Not To Buy A Stolen Car (908 Views)

Buying Naija Used Cars...how To Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle!!! / Stolen Car. Honda Crv / Stolen Car Alert !!!! Toyota Camry 2005 Model (big Daddy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Not To Buy A Stolen Car by chi101: 10:22am On Jun 28, 2010
Hello fellow Nairalanders,
Please if one wants to buy a naija used vehicle, what is he/she supposed to do to ensure that he is not buying a stolen vehicle.
What documents and information does he need to see.

I guess a lot of people on this forum need help on this.
Re: How Not To Buy A Stolen Car by Aadeyinka(m): 4:33pm On Jun 28, 2010
i beleive the person will not want you to know his identity very well, like where he live or office in particular,may date you to meet in one place, if it is clean business (one should free to know his office address at least) and document to receive from him should be : vehicle Licence,owner document (name must tally with driver licence),insurance, court affidafi / police report and etc, house will enlight you more , best of luck
Re: How Not To Buy A Stolen Car by chi101: 6:04pm On Jun 28, 2010
Thanks, that was helpful.
Pls we need more contribution from the house.
Re: How Not To Buy A Stolen Car by switchmax8: 8:55pm On Jun 28, 2010
well,i dont think that you have to know the person's office address it is when you are buying from someone you dont know.I have sold 2 cars that i have used and they dont know my house.What if i gave them my house address and they came back to attack and collect the money from me.Though it is adviceable to buy cars from recommended dealers
Re: How Not To Buy A Stolen Car by femmy2010(m): 9:24pm On Jun 28, 2010
It is always advisable to buy from someone you can trace to a particular point of contact and May God help us sha
Re: How Not To Buy A Stolen Car by Fhemmmy: 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2010
Read the body Language.
Like everyone else have said, just be careful and make sure you could trace the person.

(1) (Reply)

Very Clean 2001 Volkswagen Jetta At Give Away Price / Vw Passat 2002 1.8t Model Manual Drive (750k) / Toyota Avensis For Sale 800k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.