Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else (18553 Views)

What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry / Can You Breastfeed A Baby That's Not Yours? / Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Newborn Baby That Looks Like A Masquerade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by ijustdey: 8:47pm On Aug 29, 2018
A Kaduna Sharia Court sitting at Magajin Gari on Wednesday ruled that one Ibrahim Musa was the father of a four -month- old baby girl delivered by his wife , Aisha Buhari .

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Aisha had, on July 2 , dragged her husband before the court following his refusal to accept paternity of the baby she delivered .

The Judge , Malam Dahiru Lawal , after listening to both parties and their witnesses , said that under Islamic law , Musa could not now deny paternity of the baby after knowledge of his wife ’ s pregnancy two weeks after their marriage .

“In Islam , when one suspects his wife of infidelity and is in doubt of the legitimacy of her pregnancy , he must raise alarm and inform his (own ) guardian and that of his wife immediately.

“ But when a man continues having marital affairs with his wife even after the knowledge of the pregnancy , without showing contempt , then it means he has accepted the pregnancy .

“ That means he is the father to the child and would take full responsibility for the child , ” the judge ruled .

NAN recalled that the respondent , who was represented by a lawyer , was asked to present himself to the court on July 16 .

Musa, during hearing of the case , had told the court that he denied paternity of the baby because she was given birth to five months after their marriage .

However , Aisha told the court that Musa knew of her pregnancy two weeks after their marriage and didn’ t show any sign of grief on the matter until the time she gave birth .

“ We continued enjoying our marriage even after the result of my pregnancy was revealed , ’’ she said .

https://punchng.com/court-forces-man-to-accept-baby-that-wife-agrees-belongs-to-someone-else/

L

1 Like

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by midolian(m): 8:52pm On Aug 29, 2018
If not for anything, one should always thank God that we don't need lawyers or judges to make heaven

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 29, 2018
after God, fear woman. in a nutshell he has to take care of the baby, he has no knowledge of, from his wife.
but I was told that Hausa lady are decent to the core especially the Muslim. I was thinking of marrying from them since I have no privilege to date their lady. with this I am thinking of reversing my statement

17 Likes

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Mgbadike80: 9:03pm On Aug 29, 2018
nonsense, the judge just worsened the whole issue, at worse, the man would relocate to the southern part of the country. leaving the girl and her baby to themselves. some women are just heartless. Forcing a bastard on a man.

24 Likes

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:32pm On Aug 29, 2018
Wakanda court is that?!

ORISIRISI something!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by KingSatan: 10:32pm On Aug 29, 2018
Nigeria! A very confused Nation.

Colonized by the Brits.
But many schools in Abuja uses the American curriculum.

We claim to be a sovereign state but yet we Practice a dual judicial system (Western and Sharia).

If the Christians ask for their own courts now ( I mean the establishment of a judicial system based on the core values of Christianity) some will cry a river and threaten fire and brimstone.

Can a Christian be the chief judge in a sharia court? the answer is NO!

Can a Muslim be a chief judge in the Supreme court of Nigeria? The answer is yes!

What hypocrisy!

If there could be such division and bias in their judicial system, how then do you think Nigeria has a future?

Most people are against State policing but they forget that there is an active Policing system in the north called the "Sharia Police".

All they do is enforce sharia laws and protect their sharia constitution which includes "No beers in the North". But they forget that the bailout funds they enjoy are proceeds of VAT remitted by the manufacturers on each bottle of beer.

It's a pity.

Nigeria is a ticking time bomb.

They are so divided.

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Standardcosting(m): 10:32pm On Aug 29, 2018
M
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by chillychill(f): 10:33pm On Aug 29, 2018
Oma307:
after God, fear woman. in a nutshell he has to take care of the baby, he has no knowledge of, from his wife.
but I was told that Hausa lady are decent to the core especially the Muslim. I was thinking of marrying from them since I have no privilege to date their lady. with this I am thinking of reversing my statement

Them seff no want u.. undecided
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by hazan041(m): 10:33pm On Aug 29, 2018
Which kind stupid sharia court be that..... This is just rubbish

4 Likes

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by crafteck(m): 10:34pm On Aug 29, 2018
Gobe
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Dutchey(m): 10:34pm On Aug 29, 2018
grin
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by IMASTEX: 10:35pm On Aug 29, 2018
What sort of ruling is that?!

Well, you can boost your sperm count, improve your sperm motility and fertility generally by using SURE MEN HERBAL TEA. See profile for details.
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by chiedu7: 10:35pm On Aug 29, 2018
The man should be grateful they did not jihad him

3 Likes

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 29, 2018
What sort of judgment is that

1 Like

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Massdamm(m): 10:36pm On Aug 29, 2018
dunno what's wrong with the judge I tink his brain running tiger ba3....

#istandwitbuhari

2 Likes

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by pweshdodo(m): 10:36pm On Aug 29, 2018
Wtf is that
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by hurify147(f): 10:36pm On Aug 29, 2018
RELIGION OF PEACE grin grin grin grin grin grin wink wink

5 Likes

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Exwizard: 10:36pm On Aug 29, 2018
What stupid ruling is that?

1 Like

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by SexTin(f): 10:36pm On Aug 29, 2018
Aisha Buhari grin I Thought As Much

5 Likes

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Taich(m): 10:38pm On Aug 29, 2018
Mgbadike80:
nonsense, the judge just worsened the whole issue, at worse, the man would relocate to the southern part of the country. leaving the girl and her baby to themselves. some women are just heartless. Forcing a bastard on a man.

I don't know why they man kept quiet until the baby is born before raising alarm. Maybe the wife begged him not to expose her. Just maybe, but I cannot understand why he kept quiet. Such a pathetic situation .

5 Likes

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Amberon: 10:39pm On Aug 29, 2018
Lol
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Amberon: 10:39pm On Aug 29, 2018
Fear women as if it is it today married men started impregnating women outside
their matrimonial homes and keeping it away from their wives.

Double standards kill you there grin
Oma307:

6 Likes

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by milemimi93(m): 10:40pm On Aug 29, 2018
I'd rather die than be in a relationship with a woman.
Fvck Love.
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by obembet(f): 10:40pm On Aug 29, 2018
Arewa pple, una weldon ooo... Bring that law come East biko
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Euclidean(m): 10:41pm On Aug 29, 2018
werey court! Oloriburuku judge

I no fit accpt that kin tin. abi kofedafun court ni

2 Likes

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by amazingspiderma: 10:42pm On Aug 29, 2018
I am here to read comments.
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 29, 2018
Women .
Chai. This Aisha Buhari nor be like our First Lady.
The man sef no try . You discovered your wife is pregnant 2 weeks into marriage and nor be you get am. But you continue to fukk her .
Aboki will always be Aboki

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? / Ten (10) Ways That Helps To Uphold Dignity In The Society / Five Best Ways To Punish A Woman If You Don't Want To Beat Or Abuse Her Physical

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.