Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,667 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Breaking: Nollywood Actress, Uduak Akrah is Dead - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Breaking: Nollywood Actress, Uduak Akrah is Dead (376 Views)

Breaking: Nollywood Actor, Jim Iyke Converts to Islam / Biography Of Pretty Nollywood Actress Helen Enado Odigie / Biography Of Nollywood Actress Frances Chinasa Ben Aka Frances Ben (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Nollywood Actress, Uduak Akrah is Dead by Yeah55(m): 2:56pm On Aug 30, 2018
The Nigerian movie industry has been thrown into mourning once again, as it lost one of its stars, Uduak Akrah, to the cold hands of death, yesterday, due to complications from a fall in the bathroom.

According to her colleagues, who confirmed the news, she died yesterday at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LUTH, following injuries sustained from the fatal bathroom fall about two years ago.

Confirming Uduak’s sudden demise on the film makers’ platform on WhatsApp called Film4Life, yesterday evening, popular producer, Charles Novia wrote: “I just heard from someone close to her and her family in Abuja. She suffered complications from a nasty fall in the bathroom.”

Reacting to her demise, former President of Nigerian Scriptwriters Association, Iyen Obaseki, described the deceased as “a fantastic actress on stage and screen,” adding that she was calm and gentle.

A graduate of Creative Arts from the University of Lagos, UNILAG, Uduak acted in several Nollywood films including “Bafana Bafana,” “Emotional Crack” and a 2017 short film entitled “Too Late.”

In recent times, she dedicated her social media and YouTube pages to sharing motivational messages and skits.

In April, when she marked her birthday, she took to her Instagram page to share her joy: “Today, I celebrate God’s love and faithfulness towards me. And I sing ‘Jesus you love me too much o, too much o, too much o, excess love o!’

“I look back and I see how far He has brought me. How could I ever have made it this far on my own? Jesus did it! And today I can celebrate. Join me to celebrate. Happy birthday to me.”

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/nollywood-actress-uduak-akrah-dies-of-complications-from-bathroom-fall/

(1) (Reply)

Definition Of Feminism According To Chimamanda, Pic. / (must Read) How To Make $$ From Affiliate Marketing In Nigeria / I Will Teach You How To Make Money With Admob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.