Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Learn The True History Of Africa To See The Greatness Of Our Ancestors - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Learn The True History Of Africa To See The Greatness Of Our Ancestors (797 Views)

We Want To Prepare Young Nigerians For Greatness At Maduka University - Founder / The Star Of Africa: Racism In Schools In Finland - Mother Cries Out / JAMB: Galadima Zakari's 364, The True Highest Score In 2018 UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Learn The True History Of Africa To See The Greatness Of Our Ancestors by musicwriter(m): 6:49pm On Aug 30, 2018
Below are exceptional Africans and African-American scholars of history that black people should know. These brothers will show you how Europeans doctored African history and deleted anything suggesting black power. It is arranged in no particular order.

John Henrik Clarke
A great teacher of African history. The name of this man is history. Check out his lectures on Youtube if you want to know general black history/African history. He would go from West Africa to South Africa to ancient Egypt to Europe to America. He is everywhere!.

Ivan Van Sertima
Check him out if you want to know African contribution to science. Black history/black science, ancient inventions.

Yosef Ben Jochannan
This brother is the best if you want to know how Christianity was practiced in Africa thousands of years when Europe didn’t even exist. Watch his lectures on Youtube if you want to know how all religions originated from Africa. His books include; the African origins of the major western religions, the black man of the Nile.

John G. Jackson
Learn from this brother if you want to know the origin of mankind and how Africans were the first to invent the concept of government, religion, education. On religion, he’ll show you historically that many saviors died and resurrected here in Africa before Jesus. Of course, we didn’t call it Christianity at that time. It was spirituality, a way of life. His books include; Christianity before Christ, Introduction to African civilization, and Man, God, and Civilization.

Asa G. Hilliard
Ancient Africa/ Egypt history.

Cheikh Anta Diop
Great ancient African/Egypt scholar. African-Americans first began to challenge European version of African history. But Diop was the first African to challenge European version of African history.

Professor Theophile Obenga
Teacher of Ancient African philosophy/Egypt. His books include; African philosophy the pharaonic period.

James Small
Teacher of ancient African religion and how it evolved to other religions.
Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/ProfJamesSmallAfricanWorld/?_rdc=1&_rdr

Astra Akwesi
Teacher of ancient African spirituality with proofs written on stone on how Europeans plagiarized ancient African spirituality to create Christianity. He organizes tours for those who want to visit Kemet (ancient Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia).

Kaba Hiawatha Kamen
An educationist to the core. Teacher of history of mankind and how Africa set the pace for the rest of humanity. How education, science, spirituality originated from Africa to the world.
Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/Panther-Prince-Per-Ankh-708968525846209/?_rdc=1&_rdr
Twitter: @kamene777

Phil Valentine
Teacher of lost ancient African knowledge. The truth about Christianity. Ancient African philosophy and metaphysics. You can enroll in an e-school.

Ishakamusa Barashango
Non-religious view of the bible and Christianity from the perspective of history. He teaches how Christianity originated in Africa. He probably attended a bible school and he believed Jesus was a real person but wasn’t anything more than any other human being. His books and lectures would be good for those of you who still want to cling to the belief that Jesus must have at least existed, even if he’s not the son of God. In my opinion, if you’re interested in the truth, the truth is that there was no Jesus. However, his books include; African origin of the Christian Church.

Ray Hagins
A former pastor who later discovered Jesus is fake. He is the bomb when it comes to showing Christianity as a fraud. He now runs a church where he teaches ancient African centered spirituality, not European Christianity. Check him out if you are interested in the truth about Christianity.
Are you stuck with Christianity and want to know the truth? Go to youtube and search for him to watch his lectures.
Facebook https://web.facebook.com/ray.hagins/?_rdc=1&_rdr
Twitter @rhagins

Leo William Hans Berry
One of the first people to begin questioning the European version of African history. Kwame Nkrumah and Nnamdi Azikiwe learned from this man while they were in the USA. Once Nkrumah and Azikiwe learned that the Europeans were lying about African history, they became conscious and would then return to over-throw colonialism. I couldn’t find his lectures on YouTube as he died a long time ago before the video age. Kaba Hiawatha Kamene has written about him though.

If you are the type that has enough internet access to view Youtube videos, the easy way is to go to Youtube.com and check out the listed scholars and their lectures. It is free!. Once you realize that Europeans have lied to you about history, your life will never be the same.

''To control a people, you must first control what they think about themselves and how they regard their history and culture. And when your conqueror makes you ashamed of your culture and your history, he needs no prison walls and no chains to hold you''............ John Henrik Clarke.

Note: This is a short version of an article; Africans and African-American scholars of black history you should know. For details; including list of books they recommend for black people to read, see link below.

Source: http://www.africason.com/2018/08/africans-and-african-american-scholars.html

If you have other names, share it.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Learn The True History Of Africa To See The Greatness Of Our Ancestors by Nobody: 12:18am On Sep 01, 2018
I got your book last night and read your book today. (following a Nigeria argument on a chat forum). Thank you for making it available. I have always known everything you wrote in your beautiful book on some intuitive level. I have been saying it too, but in a haphazard manner. But you opened up a gate for me. I have always felt some disconnect from my profession and you articulated why.
I cracked up on page 226? or 229? though when you said something about hanging yourself if not paid attention to cheesy. You have done something. Your conscience will bear you witness, and that is enough. More importantly your work and all the knowledge around it is liberating, should never made one want to contemplate dying in any form. Eziokwu bu ndu. And life is beautiful. So we live to spread the truth that we know

Your book has heart, and love in abundance, and truth and is revolutionary. Nature has to be there for science /knowledge to thrive
I will read Fanon and Rodney asap, but I know clearly now that my life purpose/work has geography and love for Africa in it. I know I am typing disjointedly but I am sleepy
This is just a roundabout way of telling you thank you. It is nice to know I am not alone in my Africa seeking and love (I thank Nairaland for linking me with the thoughts of people who are intelligent and passionate about their land). I learn a lot from you all

Chukwu Okike gozie gi na olu aka gi ofuma kiss
Trying to imagine the sure resistance to this and other similar work/teaching is mind squeezing (even inside my heart which knows this is the truth there is resisting ego and what the heckneess, lol, learned helplessness is real) but to paraphrase JFKennedy, challenges are good and make us discover, hone and use our God given talents

@OP I will study these
I fell in love with JHClarke in 2016 (just a few YouTube videos and I totally got him)
Re: Learn The True History Of Africa To See The Greatness Of Our Ancestors by musicwriter(m): 5:12pm On Sep 02, 2018
merahki:
I got your book last night and read your book today. (following a Nigeria argument on a chat forum). Thank you for making it available. I have always known everything you wrote in your beautiful book on some intuitive level. I have been saying it too, but in a haphazard manner. But you opened up a gate for me. I have always felt some disconnect from my profession and you articulated why.
I cracked up on page 226? or 229? though when you said something about hanging yourself if not paid attention to cheesy. You have done something. Your conscience will bear you witness, and that is enough. More importantly your work and all the knowledge around it is liberating, should never made one want to contemplate dying in any form. Eziokwu bu ndu. And life is beautiful. So we live to spread the truth that we know

Your book has heart, and love in abundance, and truth and is revolutionary. Nature has to be there for science /knowledge to thrive
I will read Fanon and Rodney asap, but I know clearly now that my life purpose/work has geography and love for Africa in it. I know I am typing disjointedly but I am sleepy
This is just a roundabout way of telling you thank you. It is nice to know I am not alone in my Africa seeking and love (I thank Nairaland for linking me with the thoughts of people who are intelligent and passionate about their land). I learn a lot from you all

Chukwu Okike gozie gi na olu aka gi ofuma kiss
Trying to imagine the sure resistance to this and other similar work/teaching is mind squeezing (even inside my heart which knows this is the truth there is resisting ego and what the heckneess, lol, learned helplessness is real) but to paraphrase JFKennedy, challenges are good and make us discover, hone and use our God given talents

@OP I will study these
I fell in love with JHClarke in 2016 (just a few YouTube videos and I totally got him)

Thanks for reading.

Yes, Nairaland is a great forum to be. If it wasn't so I won't be here. The feeling of resistance to abandon what Europeans gave us and to chart our own course is a natural reaction we should get. It is a psychological phenomenon called the Stockholm syndrome. According to Wikipedia; ''Stockholm syndrome is a condition that causes hostages to develop a psychological alliance with their captors as a survival strategy during captivity.'' I think this's what sustains our learned helplessness, and makes it impossible for us to ''all wake up at the same time'' as you wondered in the other thread.

Even Britain had this syndrome after freeing themselves from slavery, they also felt resistance to adopting English as their language after Roman and French rule over them. I explained it in chapter four. We are hooked down to our cellular level, just like an addict to crack cocaine.

The way to beat that feeling is to understand its just a psychological issue that anybody in such a situation would have. And when you do, you'll be operating outside the box i.e you've indeed freed yourself from that control over your mind. You've understood the design of the system, so even if you teach or even as we continue to use English here, it becomes more like what the bible meant when it said ''being in the world but not being of the world.'' You have to exhaust the power of the brain to arrive at this conclusion and its what Ngugi Wa Thiongo did in 1977 when he decided he would never write his books in English again. He was then a Christian, but once he did that he realized that both Christianity and education in Africa is a fraud. He then adopted his native African religion, dropped his Christian name and changed his native name. By this time, he realized the ugly truth that both religion and education in Africa was part of colonialism. Further, he decided to write in his native Kikuyu before subsequent translation to English because writing in English cannot be called African literature in the true sense of the word. I don't know whether he still do that now, but being able to arrive at that conclusion requires a great intellectual strength, it requires exhausting the power of thought to it's limit. Whether he makes money or not like others, but he would die happy knowing full well he stood for the truth. So what am I trying to say? The fact that you now understand the problem we face, even as we're all still trapped in it, means you've broken out of the box personally. Its the same as someone freeing themselves from religious indoctrination, which I myself had to do not long ago. Whether you are aware of it or not, you're the first free African woman, at least that I know.

Even as I am writing to you in English at this moment, I kind of feel its wrong since you are an Igbo and I am also Igbo, but English is the language we've been trained to master, unfortunately, at the expense of our language. But I am at least happy I know I am in a box, and I need to be free.

On books, I have Walter Roney's how Europe underdeveloped Africa. Also, have Yosef Jochannan's African origin of the major western religions. All on audio book. Audio book is better for advanced learners, that's basically what I do when a book I need is available in audio. Should you need it email: kemeticphilosopy@gmail

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Top 15 Things You Can Do To Make Money On Campus / Fun And Interesting Things To Know And Do In UNILAG / Any Detail About Msc Engineering Management In UI?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.