Stats: 3,151,214 members, 7,811,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 (36294 Views)

Manchester United Vs Villarreal (2 - 1) On 29th September 2021 / Juventus Vs Chelsea UCL (1 - 0) On 29th September 2021 / West Ham Vs Manchester United (3 - 1) On 29th September 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by luvola(m): 11:08pm On Aug 30, 2018
Premier League leaders Liverpool face unbeaten Chelsea for the second time this week in an early-season clash between two title contenders at Stamford Bridge.
Jurgen Klopp's side have won their opening six top-flight fixtures this season, but lost 2-1 to Chelsea in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday evening and travel to London ahead of a daunting week.
Liverpool will travel to Napoli in the Champions League in midweek before facing champions Manchester City next Sunday and Klopp is under no illusions as to the difficulty of the task facing his players.
He said: "Before we started it was clear that a game against Chelsea at Chelsea will not be a children's birthday or whatever, that's pretty intense.
"Then we go to Naples which is a tough place to go and then Man City coming. It's an interesting month, to be honest. But so far, so good and the boys are fully in it and ready to go."
Chelsea's 100% league record ended in a 0-0 draw with West Ham last Sunday and while victory on Saturday evening would move them above Liverpool, a defeat would see them fall five points behind their opponents.
Jurgen Klopp admits Liverpool missed 'world-class' centre-back Virgil van Dijk in their midweek defeat to Chelsea.
Team news
Andreas Christensen should be fit after shaking off a stomach bug.
However, Antonio Rudiger, Pedro and Ruben Loftus-Cheek will all be given late fitness tests ahead of the Stamford Bridge encounter.
Rudiger (groin), Pedro (shoulder) and Loftus Cheek (shin) must still prove their fitness, but are all back in training.
Carabao Cup highlights: Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea
Defender Virgil van Dijk is a doubt for Liverpool after picking up an injury against Southampton last weekend.
The Netherlands international has missed training all week and Klopp will make a late decision on whether he will be involved at Stamford Bridge.
Trent Alexander-Arnold and Georginio Wijnaldum, however, are both available for selection after the pair returned to full training after missing the midweek cup defeat.
Opta stats
Merson's prediction
This will be a very intriguing game. You've got Eden Hazard who you could see on Wednesday is the best of the best at the moment without a doubt but you've still got the big boys to come back for Liverpool like Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and the back four.
I don't think Chelsea will have a psychological edge, Liverpool rested their back four and it will be completely different from Wednesday. I thought Chelsea were outstanding in the first half but Liverpool got back into it and it will give them confidence to say 'right, we can break them down'.
A preview of this weekend's Premier League games, including the top-of-the-table clash between Chelsea and Liverpool at Stamford Bridge.
But it was like a boxing match, no one was really showing their hand until Hazard came on and you're thinking 'how do you stop him?'. I think Liverpool will be more than happy with a 1-1 draw, that would be a great result for them.
I think Hazard is the best player in the Premier League by a long way. I don't think anyone can do what he does and that's what makes him better than everyone else in my opinion. On Wednesday, he beat three players, passed it, got it back and then beat two more players before smashing it in the corner. For me, no one else can do that in the Premier League. There are players who can go past people but they haven't got that end product he's got.
PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1 ( 6/1 with Sky Bet )
Popular In the Community
https://www.skysports.com/football/chelsea-vs-liverpool/390820
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by luvola(m): 11:57pm On Sep 23, 2018
Clash of the titans
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by luvola(m): 9:25am On Sep 29, 2018
Premier League leaders Liverpool face unbeaten Chelsea for the second time this week in an early-season clash between two title contenders at Stamford Bridge.
Jurgen Klopp's side have won their opening six top-flight fixtures this season, but lost 2-1 to Chelsea in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday evening and travel to London ahead of a daunting week.
Liverpool will travel to Napoli in the Champions League in midweek before facing champions Manchester City next Sunday and Klopp is under no illusions as to the difficulty of the task facing his players.
He said: "Before we started it was clear that a game against Chelsea at Chelsea will not be a children's birthday or whatever, that's pretty intense.
"Then we go to Naples which is a tough place to go and then Man City coming. It's an interesting month, to be honest. But so far, so good and the boys are fully in it and ready to go."
Chelsea's 100% league record ended in a 0-0 draw with West Ham last Sunday and while victory on Saturday evening would move them above Liverpool, a defeat would see them fall five points behind their opponents.
Jurgen Klopp admits Liverpool missed 'world-class' centre-back Virgil van Dijk in their midweek defeat to Chelsea.
Team news
However, Antonio Rudiger, Pedro and Ruben Loftus-Cheek will all be given late fitness tests ahead of the Stamford Bridge encounter.
Rudiger (groin), Pedro (shoulder) and Loftus Cheek (shin) must still prove their fitness, but are all back in training.
Defender Virgil van Dijk is a doubt for Liverpool after picking up an injury against Southampton last weekend.
The Netherlands international has missed training all week and Klopp will make a late decision on whether he will be involved at Stamford Bridge.
Trent Alexander-Arnold and Georginio Wijnaldum, however, are both available for selection after the pair returned to full training after missing the midweek cup defeat.
Opta stats
Merson's prediction
This will be a very intriguing game. You've got Eden Hazard who you could see on Wednesday is the best of the best at the moment without a doubt but you've still got the big boys to come back for Liverpool like Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and the back four.
I don't think Chelsea will have a psychological edge, Liverpool rested their back four and it will be completely different from Wednesday. I thought Chelsea were outstanding in the first half but Liverpool got back into it and it will give them confidence to say 'right, we can break them down'.
A preview of this weekend's Premier League games, including the top-of-the-table clash between Chelsea and Liverpool at Stamford Bridge.
But it was like a boxing match, no one was really showing their hand until Hazard came on and you're thinking 'how do you stop him?'. I think Liverpool will be more than happy with a 1-1 draw, that would be a great result for them.
I think Hazard is the best player in the Premier League by a long way. I don't think anyone can do what he does and that's what makes him better than everyone else in my opinion. On Wednesday, he beat three players, passed it, got it back and then beat two more players before smashing it in the corner. For me, no one else can do that in the Premier League. There are players who can go past people but they haven't got that end product he's got.
Popular In the Community
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by meccuno: 1:59pm On Sep 29, 2018
chelsea all the way.............. wink wink wink

Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by clerkent(m): 2:05pm On Sep 29, 2018
all the way
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Lionpikin(m): 2:07pm On Sep 29, 2018
Chelsea to carry the day..... KTBFFH

Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Iykesmooth: 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2018
Hazard the next world best will win it for Chelsea

Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Moneytize: 2:09pm On Sep 29, 2018
This is not Carabao cup and Liverpool are yet to drop a point in the Premier League. With full squad this evening. Chelsea go hear am. 0-2 Final Score. angry

Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by oloriLFC(f): 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2018
This one will be totally different from Wednesday's game o. We're taking this one at the bridge. Vvd the rock is back! We're gonna cage Hazard. Chelsea 1vs3 Liverpool. YNWA!

Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Culin(f): 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2018
Van dijk this van dijk that, let us see the difference he'll make today. Same result as wednesday's. #ktbffh

Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Deltayankeeboi: 2:19pm On Sep 29, 2018
chelsea lets go get them bitchessssssssssssss.

Their liver must pull today.

Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Deltayankeeboi: 2:20pm On Sep 29, 2018
Culin:
Same result as wednesday's. #ktbffh
Awww Chelsea fans too sweet and fine.

We need goals sha. Our goal difference is too small.
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:22pm On Sep 29, 2018
Check my last topic if ure using dstvs family or access package and you want S3 and S7 to be added to watch premiership and Laliga matches
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Kaybaba5(m): 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2018
Blues on the way

Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by COdeGenesis: 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2018
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by mustafa006: 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2018
wait. did anyone see victor moses this season
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Deltayankeeboi: 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2018
Chelsea 3 vs Liverpool 1

Chelsea 2 vs Liverpool 0 or 1

If any of these scores does not come through, then the match will be full time draw.

Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Abeyjide: 2:28pm On Sep 29, 2018
where can I stream the match live?
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Randy100: 2:28pm On Sep 29, 2018
Liverpool go collect today.

Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Culin(f): 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
Awww Chelsea fans too sweet and fine.

We need goals sha. Our goal difference is too small.

Yea compared to man city. But if we win today's game we don't have to worry about sharing points for now, since liverpool and man city are playing themselves next.
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Fierce11: 2:45pm On Sep 29, 2018
it a win for Chelsea.. 1 and and over2.5 goals.. corner over 8.5.. No Red card. mane not to score. No penalty.. 4 to come... stake 5k
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by divinelove(m): 2:52pm On Sep 29, 2018
Chelsea win

Odd 2.84 grin

Stake 5k and get beer money lol
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Deltayankeeboi: 2:52pm On Sep 29, 2018
Culin:

Yea compared to man city. But if we win today's game we don't have to worry about sharing points for now, since liverpool and man city are playing themselves next.
Our problem is we concede goals alot. Even if we score 5 goals against a team, they get to score us at least 2goals. That is just bad. Liverpool and Man city don't easily concede goals.

This is a revenge game for Liverpool. I just hope luck shines on us again.

How do you think the scorelines will end?

Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by libertymax(m): 2:52pm On Sep 29, 2018
mustafa006:
yeah he played on wednesday
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Godsgift7837: 2:55pm On Sep 29, 2018
Like for Chelsea

Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Haryourmieykhun(m): 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2018
Fierce11:
it a win for Chelsea.. 1 and and over2.5 goals.. corner over 8.5.. No Red card. mane not to score. No penalty.. 4 to come... stake 5k
You better no waste ur money, bcus liverpool go win dis match, am not liverpool or bubu fan

Check mai siggy bellow

Up gunners
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Haryourmieykhun(m): 3:04pm On Sep 29, 2018
mustafa006:

Yes i see him in alaba last week
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by Fierce11: 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2018
Haryourmieykhun:

You better no waste ur money, bcus liverpool go win dis match, am not liverpool or bubu fan

Check mai siggy bellow

Up gunners
already done.. if it doesn't come, I'd deactivate my 'guest' feature on nairaland
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by highness25(m): 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2018
luvola:
Team news
Opta stats
Merson's prediction
Popular In the Community
Hazard tear Liverpool apart today and I'll dash you my girlfriend, no two ways about it. My girl is far better than Chioma Davido's girlfriend.

Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by alpha2zulu: 3:24pm On Sep 29, 2018
Moneytize:
This is not Carabao cup and Liverpool are yet to drop a point in the Premier League. With full squad this evening. Chelsea go hear am. 0-2 Final Score. angry

Another excuse.

Na so una say una go trash Chelsea last time wey we meet
Re: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 by alpha2zulu: 3:25pm On Sep 29, 2018
oloriLFC:
This one will be totally different from Wednesday's game o. We're taking this one at the bridge. Vvd the rock is back! We're gonna cage Hazard. Chelsea 1vs3 Liverpool. YNWA!

YNWA: You'll never win anything

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

West Brom Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 18th May 2015 / Atletico Madrid Vs Manchester United UCL (1 - 1) On 23rd February 2022 / West Ham United Vs Chelsea - 3 - 1 (Full Time)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72