Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,057 members, 7,859,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 07:24 PM

Hitv, Of What Use? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv, Of What Use? (666 Views)

Animax Tv (a 24hrs Anime Channel Launches On Hitv) / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians / Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hitv, Of What Use? by Nobody: 4:47am On Jun 29, 2010
HITV, of what use?

Tuesday, 29 June 2010

COME August 1, HITV would have been three years in the Nigerian market , with huge patronage by Nigerians. A lot of water has passed under the bridge. But what is of concern to many Nigerians is the incompetent manner this company runs its business from the channels that are accessible on its platform, to programmes being telecast.

They succeeded in skyrocketing their charges arbitrarily because they were able to negotiate the broadcast of premiership games away from the grasp of South-African-owned DSTV. This made it possible for it to fix the rate of its subscription at almost 100 per cent increase from the initial charges.

The truth is that, this company is a hole in the pocket of Nigerians; for it saw an opportunity to use the premiership as a bait to lure Nigerians away from DSTV, knowing how much Nigerians have grown to love the game of football. Hitv is a complete waste of time and money.

Hitv satellite TV does not have any form of entertainment in its kitty, apart from the channels (Hi Mix, Hi nolly, Hi Movies) that are filled with complete repetitions. This makes one to wonder if this outfit is not just one programmed “robot” that just plays itself over from time to time.

I wish the government can put in place a body that scrutinises such companies before they are allowed to operate. It appears they are out to take away or maximise profit alone at the expense of subscribers.

A particular satellite TV provider in Nigeria offers as much as three times lesser than HITV.This is not even Nigeria-owned, and it airs almost the same channels being aired by Hitv, with most of the channels aired free of charge.

Source:http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/letters/7457-hitv-of-what-use
Re: Hitv, Of What Use? by ray4life(m): 1:29pm On Jul 05, 2010
I feel ur pain.

where is the consumer protection agency when you need them ?
Re: Hitv, Of What Use? by dominique(f): 2:06pm On Jul 05, 2010
Hitv to dstv is more like penny-wise pound foolish. why should i pay 6 grand for less than 20 channels when i can get over 70 channels for 9,500. the earlier Dstv regain full premiership rights, the better for us the subscribers.
Re: Hitv, Of What Use? by vescucci(m): 12:15am On Jul 06, 2010
And the infuriating part is the bandwagon of patriotic bloody murder howlers. Am I supposed to pay for sucky service just because it is 'proudly Nigerian'? Snap!

(1) (Reply)

Matter Of Life & Death (i Have To Find This Movie) / Spartacus Tv Actor Andy Whitfield Dies At 39 / Cobham Says 'my Mom Saved Me'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.