Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,349 members, 7,860,904 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:32 PM

3 Ways To Get Better At Dealing With Change - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3 Ways To Get Better At Dealing With Change (230 Views)

Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? / Mission #500 - #5000(daily) With Change Mix Option / 3 Ways To Earn One Million Naira Before 2018 Runs Out -NigeriaOnlineBusiness.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Ways To Get Better At Dealing With Change by ValourDigest(m): 9:44am On Aug 31, 2018
3 WAYS TO GET BETTER AT DEALING WITH CHANGE
We all know that nothing lasts forever. It’s a fact of life that has guided the evolution of our society since the dawn of time.

Without change, there is no innovation, creativity, or incentive for improvement. Improvement means moving forward. It means making life better. It doesn’t just occur on the macro level, across time and civilization. It happens to all of us in our individual lives, too. And how we react to change determines our results.

The fact is, life is going to throw you some curveballs from time to time, whether you like it or not.

Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/3-ways-to-get-better-at-dealing-with-change/

4 INSPIRATIONAL STORIES OF PEOPLE WHO USED THEIR PERSONAL STRUGGLES TO HELP OTHERS
LISA HONIG BUKSBAUM
Walking on the beach, trying to understand why she was hit with a triple dose of tragedy, Lisa Honig Buksbaum felt that she heard a voice. “Soaringwords,” it seemed to whisper.

It meant something, she knew. It had to. She didn’t hear things like this often. But how was such an abstract thought going to help her overcome the grief she felt over her 35-year-old brother’s sudden death, her father’s cancer diagnosis and her young son’s fight to recover from a life-threatening bout of rheumatic fever?
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/4-inspirational-stories-of-people-who-used-their-personal-struggles-to-help-others/

5 SURE RULES FOR WEARING MEN’S SUIT
A suit is essential in every guy’s wardrobe. Before you start shopping, below are some tips for wearing the right and perfect men’s suit.

Double-button for business

Those looking to pull off a more professional look or those who want to show more professionalism at work are advised to opt for a double-button suit, preferably with notched lapels to maximize the formality of the suit.
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/5-sure-rules-for-wearing-mens-suit/

THINK SLOW AND OTHER TRICKS FOR BETTER PROBLEM-SOLVING
As a kid I was the sort of nerd who got serious about quiz bowl. My senior year of high school I was on a team that advanced to the state playoffs. In college, at a Big Ten university, I was on a team that traveled the Midwest playing other teams of fast-twitch buzzer-mashers.

Whereas some players had deep recall of Russian novels or the periodic table, I tended to skate by on loose-ends trivia: pop culture, sports, the occasional lucky stab at U.S. history. By the time I was old enough to drink, I was a solid bar-trivia player. In a weekly pub game, I once nailed down a win by correctly naming the capital of Uganda (Kampala) on the final question. A different night, a new teammate and I simultaneously blurted the answer “apogee” to a question about the moon’s orbit. Smitten, I asked her out, and we dated for the rest of the summer.

Like I say: nerd.
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/think-slow-and-other-tricks-for-better-problem-solving/

WHAT I LEARNED FROM WEARING THE SAME OUTFIT FOR 2 WEEKS
To learn about the curious malady known as “decision fatigue,” I was given a very simple assignment: Wear the same outfit and automate as many daily decisions as possible for two weeks and write about whether it gave me more mental clarity. That was it. Easy breezy. I jumped right in.

On Day 1, I picked out a crisp white shirt, got dressed, opened the front door and promptly spilled coffee all over myself. The first lesson of automating your wardrobe: Select dark fabrics.

“I GET TO WAKE UP EVERY DAY AND HELP SERVE MORE THAN A BILLION PEOPLE. AND I FEEL LIKE I’M NOT DOING MY JOB IF I SPEND ANY OF MY ENERGY ON THINGS THAT ARE SILLY OR FRIVOLOUS ABOUT MY LIFE.” —MARK ZUCKERBERG
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/what-i-learned-from-wearing-the-same-outfit-for-2-weeks/

(1) (Reply)

Success Without Fulfillment Is Failure / Anxiety As The Argentina Pesos Dropped By 20% Against The US Dollar / Travel Business Uses MTN Call Assist 08149906766

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.