Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,598 members, 7,840,424 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Senior Citizens! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Senior Citizens! (643 Views)

Dana Air Celebrates With Senior Citizens ...recognized For Inspiring Future Gene / Looted Funds Recovered Should Be Shared Among Nigerian Citizens / Five Priceless Rarely Seen Photos Of Barack Hussein Obama Senior (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senior Citizens! by Odunnu: 3:30pm On Jun 29, 2010
I've been troubled all day because of the state of our retirees otherwise called senior citizens.
My aunty called me a while back asking if I could help get a driver that'l bring her back from the sub treasury where she went for 'verification'. Since I couldnt organise any at short notice,I had to go myself and the sight there is worth crying for.
Nigeria has no regards for its senior citizens.Some where straddled on d back by either their children or spouse,the one that made me shed a tear was one that was 'packed' in a wheel barrow and left under the scorching sun!
Why should our senior citizens go thru hell before they are paid the pittance they receive?
Re: Senior Citizens! by candylips(m): 5:11pm On Jun 29, 2010
its too bad . hopefuly things will change now that pensions can now be managed individually
Re: Senior Citizens! by Odunnu: 5:45pm On Jun 29, 2010
Hopefully.These people are suffering big time!
Re: Senior Citizens! by Odunnu: 5:47pm On Jun 29, 2010
Hopefully.These people are suffering big time!
Re: Senior Citizens! by candylips(m): 10:08am On Jun 30, 2010
yep
Re: Senior Citizens! by Hayjay09: 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2010
This is the result of heartlessness by our leaders. They steal to protect their futures and secure the future of their children. This is one reason I strongly believe that the only solution to our palaver is revolution. This means we need to begin to think of ways of changing our focus so that we begin to prepare for a better future for our children by living right today. Has anyone ever wondered how future generations will survive if we do not mend our ways?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Kill Househelp / Trapped Chilean Miners Finally Being Rescued / Buy Luxury Watches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.