Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

A Last Letter From The Desert- A Poem By Gaby - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Last Letter From The Desert- A Poem By Gaby (602 Views)

Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Last Letter From The Desert- A Poem By Gaby by gaby(m): 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2018
So guys here's a poem I had written when I was about venturing into the desert proper. I lost the original along the way but had to redo this..
Hope you'd like and enjoy it...

(A note from the desert): In Loving Memory of my Fallen Desert Warriors). Sobs!!!

Staring out into the desert plains
All I see is a wall of sand
East, west, north and south
I feel like a needle in this endless stack

As I'm set to venture in
With my bread loaf as hard as a rock
And my money in my bowels saved
Through my rectum I had it banked

Oh water-can, I plead
My thirst to quench I hope
And if my truck should die
Make me your meal o maggots

My flesh to you I give
Promise you'd evolve and make a flight
To Nigeria and announce my plight
37 Eweje street is my home

Tell them the desert won
Tell the truth about its tale
The tale of me and my likes
'Twasnt the plan, but now I'm lost

If I be not fleshy to eat
As the sun my body dries
On the scorching sand I lay
Dying with my eyes unshut

A mummified me is what you'd find
If you ever journeyed through
But I pray you never will
This letter I hope you read.

If the sands inter me not
And you wish to honour me
As you move my dried out body
Do not fail to find this letter.

We all came, saw but most got conquered.

Keep resting in peace fallen desert warriors.

Copyright Peterson Ojieson 2018

1 Like

Re: A Last Letter From The Desert- A Poem By Gaby by fk001(m): 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2018
Wow so touching cry

I still find it difficult to believe that a sane human being will follow that dangerous route just to seek greener pasture. So pathetic!!!

whenever i come across desert story it reminds me of a novel i read some years ago "The return of Ameze"
Re: A Last Letter From The Desert- A Poem By Gaby by gaby(m): 7:10pm On Sep 02, 2018
fk001:
Wow so touching cry

I still find it difficult to believe that a sane human being will follow that dangerous route just to seek greener pasture. So pathetic!!!

whenever i come across desert story it reminds me of a novel i read some years ago "The return of Ameze"

Yeah crazy...ignorance was the word..but I'm on an awareness campaign drive to change the narrative.
Re: A Last Letter From The Desert- A Poem By Gaby by orble: 4:38pm On Sep 09, 2018
beautiful
Re: A Last Letter From The Desert- A Poem By Gaby by gaby(m): 5:45pm On Sep 09, 2018
orble:
beautiful

Humbled bro thanks

(1) (Reply)

Mended Hearts / Who Knows Where I Can Download FREE Novels / Delayed Elation (what Will Be Will Be)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.