Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Which Is The Best Processor To Go For When Buying A Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Is The Best Processor To Go For When Buying A Laptop (1615 Views)

Best Processor To Use Now / Useful Tips To Consider Before Buying A Second-hand Laptop / 6 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is The Best Processor To Go For When Buying A Laptop by kestino(m): 1:05am On Sep 03, 2018
Hi computer gurus, right now i really need you guys advice, am planning on buying a laptop for graphics designing, but the problem is i dont know the best processor to go for, i read about intel, amd and the rest but am confuse. Please help me out, thanks
Re: Which Is The Best Processor To Go For When Buying A Laptop by khalhokage(m): 7:49am On Sep 03, 2018
Your budget is the most important part of the equation.

What you should really focus on for graphics work are the GPUs, the processors are important but not as important as the GPUs, so 1st of all, make sure it's a laptop with a dedicated GPU from either Nvidia or AMD.

As for the CPU, don't get anything less than a Core i5 or AMD's equivalent.
Re: Which Is The Best Processor To Go For When Buying A Laptop by kestino(m): 8:06am On Sep 03, 2018
khalhokage:

What you should really focus on for graphics work are the GPUs, the processors are important but not as important as the GPUs, so 1st of all, make sure it's a laptop with a dedicated GPU from either Nvidia or AMD.

thanks. I heard from most pple that AMD laptops are not strong, can you please throw more light
Re: Which Is The Best Processor To Go For When Buying A Laptop by omotola90(m): 8:56am On Sep 03, 2018
AMD laptops are not as rugged as Intel.the latter is not prone to heat as the former.Intel can withstand heat,and tends to be very strong.as for AMD,its display is superb with its glossy screen.my advice is you should go for Intel core i3 or most preferably Intel core i5 with 1gb graphics
Re: Which Is The Best Processor To Go For When Buying A Laptop by khalhokage(m): 8:57am On Sep 03, 2018
kestino:

thanks. I heard from most pple that AMD laptops are not strong, can you please throw more light

That's wrong, old AMD CPUs were prone to overheating, but they don't do that anymore.
Re: Which Is The Best Processor To Go For When Buying A Laptop by khalhokage(m): 8:59am On Sep 03, 2018
omotola90:
AMD laptops are not as rugged as Intel.the latter is not prone to heat as the former.Intel can withstand heat,and tends to be very strong.as for AMD,its display is superb with its glossy screen.my advice is you should go for Intel core i3 or most preferably Intel core i5 with 1gb graphics

What does the Processor or GPU have to do with glossy screens?

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Processor To Go For When Buying A Laptop by zzzzy: 1:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
Depends on your budget tho. As someone said a discreet gpu should be given a high priority since you're interested in graphics and I'd also advise you to buy an intel quad core processor with hyperthreading possible as most graphic applications perform a lot of multithreaded processes.
Re: Which Is The Best Processor To Go For When Buying A Laptop by zzzzy: 1:15pm On Sep 03, 2018
khalhokage:

That's wrong, old AMD CPUs were prone to overheating, but they don't do that anymore.
except you are talking about ryzen mobile which would be difficult to find in Nigeria. Most of their popular processors in Nigeria overheat
Re: Which Is The Best Processor To Go For When Buying A Laptop by udemzyudex(m): 2:05pm On Sep 03, 2018
Core i9 grin grin
Re: Which Is The Best Processor To Go For When Buying A Laptop by omotola90(m): 5:42pm On Sep 03, 2018
I am just saying and has a beautiful display compared to Intel sir.
Re: Which Is The Best Processor To Go For When Buying A Laptop by omotola90(m): 5:43pm On Sep 03, 2018
khalhokage:

What does the Processor or GPU have to do with glossy screens?
.I'm just saying and has a beautiful display than Intel sir.
Re: Which Is The Best Processor To Go For When Buying A Laptop by joshingjosh(m): 11:20pm On Sep 12, 2018
khalhokage:

Do u know anyone within the range of 65-70k?
Re: Which Is The Best Processor To Go For When Buying A Laptop by joshingjosh(m): 11:20pm On Sep 12, 2018
omotola90:

Do u have any cheap one in mind?
Re: Which Is The Best Processor To Go For When Buying A Laptop by udemzyudex(m): 12:31am On Sep 13, 2018
Still haven't got one?

Go for a core i7 8th generation processor. grin

Dell Inspirion G5 -5587
Re: Which Is The Best Processor To Go For When Buying A Laptop by joshingjosh(m): 1:44pm On Sep 14, 2018
udemzyudex:
Still haven't got one?

Go for a core i7 8th generation processor. grin

Dell Inspirion G5 -5587

Price for UK used
Re: Which Is The Best Processor To Go For When Buying A Laptop by chidiogo123(f): 1:31pm On Sep 15, 2018
joshingjosh:

Price for UK used
Chat me on WhatsApp with 08172568455 for USA used laptops for your budget. Also with dedicated graphics.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make $100 - $1000 Monthly Working With Google Adsense / Your Review About This Laptop 'ASUS Eee X101' Kindly Check Please... / My Laptop Makes A Strange Beeping Sound When I Turn It On, What Could Be Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.