Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

NYSC Frustration - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NYSC Frustration (460 Views)

JAMB Frustration Gives Fresh Secondary School Graduate His First Lesson In Life / Frustration Of Nigerian Students Seeking To Study In South Cyprus / OAU Students Express Frustration Over Transcript Application Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Frustration by neutrotoba(m): 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2018
Pardon me for all the errors that this post will be filled with, I'm typing this in anger and I won't prove read. Thanks for understanding.

I'm a 2017 batch B stream one corps member of Ado-Odo Ota L.G.A ogun state, due for P.O.P by October. So when they started the increment of allowance brouhaha, I was indifferent, not happy not sad. I paid it no mind at all, just wanna be done with the BS and leave. But they should just make sure they're not owing me.

Well fast forward to last week, they sent the circular that clearance for this month would be held today 3rd of September, well I felt it was cool since it meant they would pay my 19,800 before then so I would at least be mobile. Well up till this morning, they have not paid.

That's not even the issue, I found a way to borrow some money, and found my way to the Local Government secretariat. On getting here, despite not paying us yet, they have the audacity to tell us that if you don't have the 1,200 naira annual magazine fee, no clearance for you!

SERIOUSLY

Well corpers with back up have been paying, some have been making frantic efforts to borrow. But I'm just here thinking, do they expect me to borrow again after already borrowing to get to the secretariat?

If this isn't the height of insensitivity being displayed by this lot, then what is.

And why is it a must to pay for a magazine I don't want to have?

Why won't they just scrap this BS since it's no longer serving it's purpose (I'm a Yoruba man serving in Yoruba land)

lalasticlala
Ishilove

1 Like

Re: NYSC Frustration by emmyw(m): 1:58pm On Sep 03, 2018
Hmmmmm
Re: NYSC Frustration by 1stNumeroUno: 4:26pm On Sep 03, 2018
Dear Op, does this pix describe you right now? Lwkmd!

grin grin

(1) (Reply)

53 Nigerians Get Chevening Scholarships / The Untold Difference Between Education And Schooling / Unilag Msc Finance Past Question. To All Msc Students, Graduates And Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.