Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,872 members, 7,828,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War (60753 Views)

Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) / How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) / FG Patches Potholes On Sagamu-Ore Axis Of The Lagos-Benin Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by yazach: 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2018
jamjo:

I wish it is a reality in your prayer, but Nigeria is a failed state under PMB sorry.

You are entitle to your opinion dude, to me NIGERIA is moving forward under PMB

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by RexTramadol1: 4:59pm On Sep 06, 2018
[quote author=Jamestown123 post=70958837][/quote]

Even with all those you have mentioned

We are not still a match for India presently

The global indices say that

Especially infrastructure...... Lagos and Abuja are the major hubs we have in Nigeria and maybe Kano n PH, now compare all this places to Mumbai, New Delhi or Bombay

To say the least, they are also developing, no doubts but at a faster pace than we are

That's the undiluted truth.......

My comment wasn't to disparage our country, far from it, it's just for us to know that if we keep comparing roads, water and all now..... We won't get anywhere cos they will fix that and become miles ahead of us as they have a strong tech system already which is the new thing in the world over.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by abbiboy: 5:03pm On Sep 06, 2018
Saintp:
All black African countries are shitholes Rwanda inclusive. Yes, they are better than Nigeria but they are still shithole. Unfortunately our standards in this part of the world is too low.
Bros u should be ashamed of ursef,a country with little or no commercial natural resource can outclass ur country in terms of infrastructure and u say its a shithole,the only shithole country I know in Africa is Nigeria,somalia,Sudan south and north,DR Congo,Angola re the shithole countrys that have refuse to progress without withstanding the low infrastructural index in African...Nigeria king of shithole messed up country! angry
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Kingspin(m): 5:09pm On Sep 06, 2018
While Nigeria keep blaming 1960s coups.

Nigeria is a waste you wont know unless you go to Ghana and come back
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Kingspin(m): 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2018
Olalan:
Thou not discrediting the progress made in that country this is just a show of the best places in the country....... If you put up pics of some places in Abuja and Lagos island you'll thing Nigeria is a mini Eldorado
who are those living in those places, Super richs. So keep that aside
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by akinsammy(m): 5:15pm On Sep 06, 2018
More reason they in partner with @arsenal. #VisitRwanda
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by onatisi(m): 5:18pm On Sep 06, 2018
Idrismusty97:
Probably because of their huge resources(i.e revenue) to complement it. Resources and population goes hand in hand. Compare with India which population is almost same with China but generate much lower revenue.

Equitorial guenea is said to be the richest country in Africa in terms of resources and population but it is one of the poorest countries in the world and even in Africa because of the magnitude of corruption in their government. It isn't about how rich a country is in resources but how effectively and efficiently a country can manage its scarce and bountiful resources .
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 06, 2018
Examples of slums near Kigali.
1: Cayhafi
2: Madamasr
Every nation has it's share of decay

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Vince77(m): 5:29pm On Sep 06, 2018
One thing I'm very sure about Rwanda is that they have constant electricity.

Only schools, hospitals and other big establishments have generators.

If power goes off, it's restored within 10mins.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Jamestown123: 5:45pm On Sep 06, 2018
RexTramadol1:

Even with all those you have mentioned

We are not still a match for India presently

The global indices say that

Especially infrastructure...... Lagos and Abuja are the major hubs we have in Nigeria and maybe Kano n PH, now compare all this places to Mumbai, New Delhi or Bombay

To say the least, they are also developing, no doubts but at a faster pace than we are

That's the undiluted truth.......

My comment wasn't to disparage our country, far from it, it's just for us to know that if we keep comparing roads, water and all now..... We won't get anywhere cos they will fix that and become miles ahead of us as they have a strong tech system already which is the new thing in the world over.
I understand u bro, am not also trying to dispute with you, India is miles ahead of us in terms of technology, and hospitality. But their standard of living is very poor, they are one of the most polluted country in the world. And for the road Mumbai and Delhi are not a go area many Indians don't even like there. But the truth is am really tired of this country, we keep praising bad people who are destroying our future.

2 Likes

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by edupedia: 5:55pm On Sep 06, 2018
Olalan:
Thou not discrediting the progress made in that country this is just a show of the best places in the country....... If you put up pics of some places in Abuja and Lagos island you'll thing Nigeria is a mini Eldorado

....outside that city the country has nothing...but some people keep promoting a country whose GDP is still one of the poorest in Africa.Please check youtube for 2018 stats...I remember our Abuja was like that city in the past....but Nigeria has grown far far beyond them...

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 06, 2018
Amberon:
Be consoling yourself o
okay, thank you oo
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by olaolutreasure(m): 6:22pm On Sep 06, 2018
13october:
13october you spoke my mind, honestly
Man, 13 October is my birthday
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by jamjo: 6:29pm On Sep 06, 2018
yazach:

You are entitle to your opinion dude, to me NIGERIA is moving forward under PMB

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but not when the indexes of which they use to determines who is moving forward are all in the negative. The trajectories of unemployment is up and when we are now the world capital of poverty, all are hanging up there. Our external debt now is not what to write home about or killings or Boko Haram or one sided corruption fight or the economy or educational and health sectors. Please you tell me after three years please I understands that three years is not enough to write the wrongs of Nigeria but three years is enough time to start seeing improvements don't you agree, instead of improvements Nigeria is worst than what PMB met the day he took Office. Is this the sign of a country moving forward?
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by RichardKajola(m): 7:02pm On Sep 06, 2018
grin
Frenchfriez:
The problem with Nigeria is institutional.

This is the dumbest comment I have seen in a long while. Jeez, I feel queasy already.
You're an embarrassment to wisdom.
grin
Frenchfriez:

This is the dumbest comment I have seen in a long while. Jeez, I feel queasy already.
'Embarrassment to wisdom' this cracked me up
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by poseidon12: 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2018
Olalan:

Nigeria, a mini eldorado? Or a shithole?
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by poseidon12: 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2018
Mizwisdom:
Only 12.5 million people? That's even less than Lagos population. No wonder Nigeria is viewed as the Giant of Africa. Autojosh show us a country in Africa of about 200 million with no pot holes, that'll be a fair comparism. Nevertheless it will be nice to tour Kigali

It's not about the population.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by chukwutope: 7:26pm On Sep 06, 2018
Idrismusty97:
An oppressive society that get things done. Besides the people aren't revolting and recent polls and surveys etc shows they believe in their government 100%! They love their communism unlike North Korea.

A poll in an oppressive society means nothing. You'd get a 100% 'I like Kim Jong Un' - even from those on death row from North Korean polls! smiley
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by poseidon12: 7:26pm On Sep 06, 2018
Frenchfriez:

Unfortunately, her type are in the majority in Nigeria. That is why it will be difficult for Nigeria to make progress.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Idrismusty97(m): 7:59pm On Sep 06, 2018
chukwutope:

A poll in an oppressive society means nothing. You'd get a 100% 'I like Kim Jong Un' - even from those on death row from North Korean polls! smiley
I also read a book on China titled "The China Strategy" by Edward Tse. The people of China love their government and are happy with the communism. Democracy and capitalism isn't for everybody. Tho i haven't been to China, those who have can probably testify, The Citizens are much more happier.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by codemaniacs: 8:05pm On Sep 06, 2018
zz
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by sweetilicious(f): 8:07pm On Sep 06, 2018
Esejojo:

Please. Let me get you right. So, you mean the more the population, the more the tendency to have potholes on the roads?
Am still trying to figure out if this was what his economics teacher taught him.Cos this is so not fair if he is a graduate.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by BENEAMATA: 8:10pm On Sep 06, 2018
tstx:
All we need is just one good presjdent
Correcto Amigo ! Think one good president , think good goverment , think YOU ! Yes you . Am sure most nairalanders if not all will imagine i'm the president of my home , well then i think good goverment i longed for should start from my abode . And same goes for all the missus or should i say the vice presidents in every home . Think about it .
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by chukwutope: 8:27pm On Sep 06, 2018
Idrismusty97:
I also read a book on China titled "The China Strategy" by Edward Tse. The people of China love their government and are happy with the communism. Democracy and capitalism isn't for everybody. Tho i haven't been to China, those who have can probably testify, The Citizens are much more happier.

A country that dictates how many children you can have! No one should live under such dictatorship. A country that sends Uighyur people to 're-education' camps just because they follow a particular religion? C'mon! Go ask them if they live the chinese way of life!

Ask the Tibetans if they like the Chinese. There are Tibetans in India who escaped persecution from China, ask them which country they prefer.

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Horus(m): 9:20pm On Sep 06, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMf7GTNTtZ4

Clean Beautiful Streets Of Kigali, Rwanda.... Really Spotless
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Idrismusty97(m): 9:21pm On Sep 06, 2018
chukwutope:

A country that dictates how many children you can have! No one should live under such dictatorship. A country that sends Uighyur people to 're-education' camps just because they follow a particular religion? C'mon! Go ask them if they live the chinese way of life!

Ask the Tibetans if they like the Chinese. There are Tibetans in India who escaped persecution from China, ask them which country they prefer.

Well there is that too. The Minority or the "conquered" ones always bare the brute. Even in the India they are fleeing to. Minorities like the Kashmirs are persecuted. It is happening in Morocco too(Western Sahara), a lot of the Slavic nations and even in Nigeria.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by chukwutope: 9:48pm On Sep 06, 2018
Idrismusty97:
Well there is that too. The Minority or the "conquered" ones always bare the brute. Even in the India they are fleeing to. Minorities like the Kashmirs are persecuted. It is happening in Morocco too(Western Sahara), a lot of the Slavic nations and even in Nigeria.

Kashmir? Kashmir has an elected government. India has world's second largest muslim population. Most Bollywood stars are muslims. Pakistan invaded Kashmir, gifted a part of it to China. Ask the Chinese kashmiris what they think - they don't even have a voice.

I don't disagree with your viewpoint, but to me China is like the Soviets in the 50s. Back in the 50s, the Soviets were on par with America and in a lot of areas surpassed the Americans especially space. But they lacked one ingredient - free will of the people.

It took a while, but it happened Soviet Union was split into 16(I think) different countries.

I look at China the same way - Tiannmen Sq. was a brutal. Look at the dissent in Hong Kong.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by chukwutope: 9:49pm On Sep 06, 2018
Idrismusty97:

By the way I did enjoy debating with you. You were respectful and presented some well thought out viewpoints.

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by IbrahimDamola: 9:47am On Sep 07, 2018
tiwiex:

Nope. I have been there. It is what you see. Drive a distance of 4 hours on a trip and NO port holes. I saw it live. Went from Kigali to Gisenyi and it was smooth sailing. 4 hours. If na by infrastructure, I give a 7/8 to them and a 3 to us as it is.

Do Rwandans speak English? I'm planning a trip there during my leave?
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by yazach: 10:32am On Sep 07, 2018
jamjo:

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but not when the indexes of which they use to determines who is moving forward are all in the negative. The trajectories of unemployment is up and when we are now the world capital of poverty, all are hanging up there. Our external debt now is not what to write home about or killings or Boko Haram or one sided corruption fight or the economy or educational and health sectors. Please you tell me after three years please I understands that three years is not enough to write the wrongs of Nigeria but three years is enough time to start seeing improvements don't you agree, instead of improvements Nigeria is worst than what PMB met the day he took Office. Is this the sign of a country moving forward?

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Jamestown123: 11:30am On Sep 07, 2018
Do you know that Kigali the capital city of Rwanda is of the the same size with Victoria Island in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Jamestown123: 11:32am On Sep 07, 2018
And do you know that Ikoyi an area in Lagos Island alone is more beautiful and cleaner than the whole of Rwanda?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) / Reverend Father Involved In Ghastly Accident In Bayelsa,But This Happened.Photos / Food Aero Airline Served A Passenger While Travelling From Lagos-Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.