Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,180 members, 7,849,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:59 AM

How To Gain Admission To Study Masters With A Low GPA In United States - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Gain Admission To Study Masters With A Low GPA In United States (448 Views)

Can I Do My Masters With My Hnd(upper Credit) Result? / Timi Adelakun Breaks South Broward School's Records With A Record-Setting GPA / Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Gain Admission To Study Masters With A Low GPA In United States by favourgold66: 9:48am On Sep 04, 2018
Hello,

I am a graduate of Chemical Engineering from the University of Lagos Nigeria. I graduated with a Second Class Lower Degree. I intend to pursue my Masters in the United States of America. I made this decision when I realized that graduating with a Second Class Lower degree limits me from a lot of things,jobs this made me realize that it is better to have even done another course that would have been easy to make a 2'1 because at the end of the day with the rate of unemployment in Nigeria, Bank jobs or financial institutions are the easiest to secure a job and these companies do not rate you. A 2'1 is a 2'1 and a 2'2 is a 2'2 whether you studied Rocket Science. I decided to add my value to my self by trying to pursue this masters degree in USA.

I do not have an outstanding GRE Score. My TOEFL Score is a 94 so I think that is a pretty good score. I want suggestions of schools and courses I can apply to and get at least partial funding. Schools that are not competitive. I am clearly not applying to Chemical Engineering because of my grades and I have been denied admission from about 3 Schools. I am now open to courses like Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Statistics. I will also like opinion on courses I can register to as a graduate of Chemical Engineering.

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Ongoing PTDF Scholarship Scheme. / UNIZIK Releases JUPEB Admission List, Registration Details For 2018/19 Session / Apply!! For 2019/2020 Master Card Foundation Scholarship For All Categories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.