Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,435 members, 7,861,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:11 AM

Man From Poor Family Starts Own Business Rather Than Depend On Grants - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Man From Poor Family Starts Own Business Rather Than Depend On Grants (283 Views)

I Am 25 And Want To Start Up My Own Business. Which Businesses Can I Consider? / NNPC Recruitment Criteria Exclude Graduates From Poor Homes, Says NANS / 5 Lessons I Learnt From Starting My Own Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man From Poor Family Starts Own Business Rather Than Depend On Grants by jos945(m): 3:30pm On Sep 04, 2018
Shampi Finger grew up in poverty and never went to school
- He realised he has a talent for fixing heaters and started his own business
- His business now supports him and his family
A 32-year-old Free State man started his own business rather than depend on social grants from the government.
Shampi Finger grew up in poverty and never went to school, Daily Sun reports. As a result, he started off with menial jobs in the construction industry.
However, he didn't let his harsh upbringing deter him. He discovered that he has a talent for fixing broken heaters.
Shampi Finger fixes broken heaters for a living.
Furthermore, Shampi realised that people in his Batho township in Mangaung had to travel long distances to have their heaters fixed.
The enterprising man therefore started his own heater-fixing business three years ago. The income he makes is now enough to support him, his girlfriend, and their two children.
In the summer, Shampi keeps business going by repairing shoes and broken electrical appliances. He urged young people to utilize their God-given talents to make a living:
"I never went to school or had any training for this; it’s a talent that God gave me. Jobs are so scarce these days. It’s better to figure out what you can do with your hands, especially if you are not educated."
Shampi is also keen to impart his skills to others wishing to start similar enterprises. Source: Daily Sun

(1) (Reply)

A Reputable Firm In Abuja Is In Need Of A Business Development Personnel / Cashier At Hubmart Stores Limited / Google Adcamp EMEA Program Is Here – Apply Now!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.