Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Lil Bow Wow - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Lil Bow Wow (19970 Views)

Photo: Wizkid With Chris Brown, Bow Wow And Jermaine Dupri In One Room / Fans Angry At Beyonce's 'Bow Down' Song / Bow Wow Disses Romeo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lil Bow Wow by opemogaji(m): 12:00am On Jan 06, 2006
In writing about Lil' Bow Wow, the first thing that needs to be cleared up is this idiotic success breeds envy rumor that the young rapper was stripped nude and butt raped by either a bodyguard or limo driver... It didn't happen, some sick jerk who obviously envied the success of Lil' Bow Wow thought they'd be funny and start spreading that rumor across the web. His success at an age where rumors like this are commonplace likely led to the buzz to start, especially when he got mainstream recognition appearing with Madonna on the 2001 Grammy awards, about the same time this nasty rumor started.
Born Shad Gregory Moss on March 9,1987 in Columbus, Ohio, the rapper got off to a very early start to fame. Shad's mother Teresa Caldwell said of her son, "It's like from day one he's always been ahead of everybody else. He's never been a kid to me. He's always been like an adult." As for his father, very little information exists on him.
Shad is raised by Teresa and her husband Rodney Caldwell. His stepfather Rodney told Sister to Sister of Shad's father biological father's whereabouts, "I'm not even sure. He's out there somewhere." As to whether the father is trying to reach his successful son, he said, "No, no." Rodney has two kids from a previous marriage but Shad is Teresa's only child. Despite being a top rap artist as a mere child, he's kept a level head, as Caldwell says raising him is "not hard at all," though she says he does have an interest in spending some of that money that comes rollin' in, "Probably the toughest part is not letting him keep spending money and buying diamonds. He'll buy diamonds all day long. He likes stones."

Moss began his rapping career at the age of five, where he dubbed himself "Kid Gangsta". A year later he climbed onstage during the Chronic tour and rapped so well that he caught the attention of Snoop Dogg, who called him back to his dressing room, was given the moniker of Lil' Bow Wow, and hired as the opening act for the tour... and to clear up another rumor, Snoop Dogg isn't Lil' Bow Wow's uncle. He later was set up with a deal on So So Def/Columbia with the help of Jermaine Dupri, who molded him as a rapper who could be a role model for young kids. Dupri said of his young prodigy who is one of the few rappers that don't cuss in his lyrics, "These days in rap, kids don't have any role models. I knew it was time for him to come out because little girls from 11 to 16 don't have anybody that they can claim as their own. Nobody is putting time into making an artist for them. I want Bow Wow to represent a young black superstar."

Lil Bow Wow made his record debut in 2000 with 'Beware of Dog'. The album produced the hits 'Bounce With Me', 'Puppy Love', 'Ghetto Girls', and 'Bow Wow (That's My Name)'. With his 2001 effort 'Doggy Bag', the young rapper gave a shout-out back to the fans that made him one of today's top rappers, with the hit 'Thank You'. Bow Wow's latest hit is 'Take Ya Home', a song burnin' up MTV's Total Request Live. The singer also has had several collaborations, including guest appearances on Snoop Dogg's 'Doggystyle,' Will Smith's 'Wild Wild West,' Jermaine Dupri's 'Big Momma's House,' Destiny's Child 'Jumpin' Jumpin' remix, and others. The kid also has parlayed his rap success into film roles with an appearance in 'All About the Benjamins', MTV's 'Carmen: A Hip Hopera', and his latest, 'Like Mike'. LBW's television appearances include 'Moesha', 'The Steve Harvey Show', and 'Jenny Jones'.

If you are wondering if Lil Bow Wow has had any celebrity girlfriends, the rumor that he was dating 3LW's Kiely Williams was angrily struck down in an online chat. LBW explained the rumor fuming, "When Kiely got on BET, she had to open her mouth and she said, 'That's my boo.' People took that seriously, so she wants to know why she's getting hated on? It's because of that." As for whether he's upset about it he said, "No. I'm not mad about it. I was hot when I first heard it! But that's worn off of me." Still, he doesn't sound too happy when asked if he was still friends with any of 3LW he snapped, "No no no. Nope. Not friends with them." There also is little evidence the well grounded rapper hooks up with any groupies at his shows either. Fortunately, he's got a serious attitude not only about rappin', but about education as well
. he made a movie in 2005 named roll bounce
Re: Lil Bow Wow by Seun(m): 1:13am On Jan 06, 2006
Re: Lil Bow Wow by Hotstepper(f): 3:24am On Jan 06, 2006
hmmm, i have alwayz liked him tongue..hez taleneted and ermmmmm was once at ma cuzzins dem skool at columbus ohio tongue.bow wow, i dey ur side,..keep doing ur thing with ur gurl Ciara cool
Re: Lil Bow Wow by hotangel2(f): 5:08am On Jan 07, 2006
This is old news now.. I read that whole thing! Well So many things have happened to BOW WOW now.. LIke he has a new album wanted. He has done oooo so many stuffs. He sang "like you with ciara", and also "let me hold u down with omarion". He was in dem franchize boys video "oh i think they like me"... and he made a movie roll bounce. Infact they didn't write in that thing that he was in johnson's family vacation movie!
Ohh lord.. why this old news? I'm just mad that i read all that stuff to see that you were telling me about a biography written in Year 2000. sad

But i ain't hating on him... he's good and even if he decided to stop singing/rapping.... i dont think he'll ever be broke! Saw his house on MTV cribs... his mama is soo young!

I like his "like you song". Plus he said, he's taking the "lil'" In his name away. He's now BOW WOW.
Re: Lil Bow Wow by yummy(m): 5:10am On Jan 07, 2006
The guy is good, talented rapper!
Re: Lil Bow Wow by 2nde(m): 5:12am On Jan 07, 2006
The guy is good, talented rapper!
I traced you down here. Bow wow is my man and he gat a bright future, i mean a bright one
Re: Lil Bow Wow by yummy(m): 5:14am On Jan 07, 2006
lol, i knew u were gonna trace me down. u know we be twin bros
Re: Lil Bow Wow by Eastcoast(f): 3:30am On Jan 31, 2006
@ opemogaji this is really old stuff
i think it is high time we read something more current about bow wow. he is dating ciara. his movie roll bounce was kool to me. i think he did a good job though he still has a lot to work on. His raps are very good. Have y'all seen his house on MTV cribs. wow, i thot it is the balm. his making it really big o. He also have a clothing line.
Re: Lil Bow Wow by buckeye(m): 8:48am On Mar 04, 2006
thats old school and besides, bow wow has got so many controversies going on around him lately. He first made a statement sometimes ago saying  something like ATL 4 life or something like that , which got his fans in columbus angry and they booed him when he came for concert in  the city.But he has since got his fans back since he started shouting "Prince of O town"  There is a diss track for him also u can listen to it here  http://www.rnsentertainment.com/Welcome.html

He recently had it with Will Smith also,  http://easydoesituniversity.com/2005/11/30/168/

here is another diss track for him from Da ace titled "pet vs owner "   

http://www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com/audio/bowwowdiss.mp3
Re: Lil Bow Wow by Franchise: 1:57am On Mar 10, 2006
A!! yo bow wow is a crazy boy!! I like his new joint!! you no he be doin his thing, i aint hatin you know!! but he a crazy boy grin holla bakc at your boy man!!
Re: Lil Bow Wow by Franchise: 2:04am On Mar 10, 2006
Yeah bow wow be doing his thing!! its crazy out here man!! you know!! but i got his back on any new joint he be making you know!!! keep doing your thang with ciara yo!! im holla at you later tho peace!!! got make that money man$$$$$ shaa
Re: Lil Bow Wow by creamofluv: 2:22am On Mar 14, 2006
Bow Wow's Crib is very tight, Like his momma, tell men, she not going down, Men tha brotha is da best, Check the Like you with Ciara, Way too tight,
Re: Lil Bow Wow by Free(f): 4:19pm On Mar 14, 2006
do ya'll like them grillz he got in his teeth??
i dont he need to take em out
Re: Lil Bow Wow by Rhodalyn(f): 3:53am On Mar 26, 2006
kiss kiss

Re: Lil Bow Wow by Z4M4eva(f): 1:18pm On Mar 27, 2006
That guy is hot! kiss
Re: Lil Bow Wow by Barbrie(f): 5:59pm On May 13, 2006
Bow Wow iz juss 2 sexy 2 b tru, but he's startin 2 get really cocky
Re: Lil Bow Wow by Z4M4eva(f): 9:20pm On May 13, 2006
I Love Bow Wow !!
Re: Lil Bow Wow by eveseh(f): 12:42am On May 14, 2006
nice,but i dont like him
Re: Lil Bow Wow by Z4M4eva(f): 10:37pm On May 14, 2006
eveseh:

but i don't like him

You don't have to !! grin grin
Re: Lil Bow Wow by eveseh(f): 10:39pm On May 14, 2006
Z4M4eva:

You don't have to !! grin grin

am not having to,he's not my teaste
Re: Lil Bow Wow by Z4M4eva(f): 10:40pm On May 14, 2006
eveseh:

am not having to,he's not my teaste

No Qualms.
Re: Lil Bow Wow by eveseh(f): 10:42pm On May 14, 2006
Z4M4eva:

No Qualms.

yea,geen probleem,het is zo man,ik heb geen tijd op
de rare chak
Re: Lil Bow Wow by Rhodalyn(f): 10:43pm On May 14, 2006
lol eve, on some dutch cheesy kiss kiss
Re: Lil Bow Wow by Z4M4eva(f): 10:44pm On May 14, 2006
eveseh:

yea,geen probleem,het is zo man,ik heb geen tijd op
de rare chak

Oh. Mooi. Zo dat u Nederlands kan spreken.
Re: Lil Bow Wow by eveseh(f): 10:44pm On May 14, 2006
Rhodalyn:

lol eve, on some dutch cheesy kiss kiss

yea,am showing that girl who am i,am speaking my dutch to her cheesy cheesy
Re: Lil Bow Wow by Z4M4eva(f): 10:45pm On May 14, 2006
Она, вваливаться на Беседах подобно дураку
Re: Lil Bow Wow by eveseh(f): 10:46pm On May 14, 2006
Z4M4eva:

Oh. Mooi. Zo that u Nederlands kan spreken.

ja,ik sprek wel nederlands what denk je man,
zo nu het is nederlands
was je in nederland?
Re: Lil Bow Wow by Z4M4eva(f): 10:46pm On May 14, 2006
eveseh:

yea,am showing that girl who am i,am speaking my dutch to her cheesy cheesy

How do you mean that girl ?
Re: Lil Bow Wow by eveseh(f): 10:46pm On May 14, 2006
Z4M4eva:

Она, вваливаться на Беседах подобно дураку

pls girl this one i cant understand,even u pay me 200000000000 millions,i wont tell u
Re: Lil Bow Wow by eveseh(f): 10:47pm On May 14, 2006
Z4M4eva:

How do you mean that girl ?

i mean u,i said am shwoing u how i do,
u dont like to be call that girl,oops my bad than undecided
Re: Lil Bow Wow by Z4M4eva(f): 10:47pm On May 14, 2006
eveseh:

ja,ik sprek wel nederlands what denk je man,
zo nu het is nederlands
was je in nederland?

Номер я живет в Великобритании.
Re: Lil Bow Wow by Rhodalyn(f): 10:48pm On May 14, 2006
Eve, lets go check out some other threads kiss kiss wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

M.I - Ashes [Tribute To ALUU 4] / Beyonce The Lion King: The Gift Album Is Out! - Stream And Download On Itunes / 9ice Lyrics-street Credibility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.