Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event (1335 Views)

Google Stadia Coming To The Gaming Community / 10 Biggest Unsolved Mysteries In God Of War / I Should Get Back Into The Gaming World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by vasaratti: 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2018
Gamescom has come and gone and we know a ton of new stuff about what's going to happen in the gaming industry in the next  few years. SO guys it's vasaratti16 and I'm here to bring you 10 biggest announcement in the event.

Please Note: I've written this post since 23rd of August but met delay so today I've decided to post it today as my farewell post

Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by vasaratti: 12:54pm On Sep 06, 2018
There Is No New Assassin's Creed Game Coming In 2019

So let me get down by breaking the bad news to you guys first, we won't be getting any new Assassin Creed game for quite a while. That sounds like it's not a great announcement or it's weird that this is looked at as a positive announcement at least. But the reason we got Assassin's Creed origins and Assassin's Creed Odyssey back-to-back is because the team was separated and working on both of them at the same time.

It wasn't actually quite a while ago that Ubisoft made the decision not to do a yearly Assassin's Creed game and Odyssey is going to get support with new content and quality of life fixes as necessary over the course of a couple of years, which is great actually, instead of just pushing out as many Assassin's Creed games as they can, they're just focusing on the quality of this one. That's jusy wonderful for Ubisoft, that's basically a different philosophy and considering how good Origins actually was which is very good. I think October 5th will probably be a pretty good day for Assassin's Creed fans.

Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by vasaratti: 1:01pm On Sep 06, 2018
We got A New gameplay of Resident Evil 2 from the perspective of Claire and Lordy.

It is just.... I mean really cool... it's nothing you don't know about but at the same time it really looks functional and better and the graphics are beautiful and amazing. I mean it's Resident Evil 2, but it's modern and the acting is really good and it manages to bring me back, as well as wow me in a new way and I am so ready to play this.

watch the gameplay below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugbWHaKkLoA&itct=CBYQpDAYAyITCKWFjvippt0CFRqCfAodq9wGdlIlcmVzaWRlbnQgZXZpbCAyIG5ldyBnYW1lcGxheSBnYW1lc2Nvbg%3D%3D&gl=NG&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google

1 Like

Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by vasaratti: 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2018
Shenmue III Is Coming Soon!!!

We got the Shenmue 3 release date, specifically it's coming on August 27th 2019 and I have to say I'm just beyond intrigued on what Shenmue 3 ends up being, with the release of the I guess up rezzed versions of 1 & 2 which are by the way very very  good games but we saw the seems I think and it's gonna be so interesting to see them actually resolve the story from those games without modifying the game on such a level that it becomes something totally different, while still managing to work in the modern gaming era.

Shenmue is a  good game honestly, I think that resolving the series years later is actually good because all of the ideas and experience from other games at sprang forth from the Shenmue development such as iakh is a series which is phenomenal have put more tools in the Shenmue 3 developer's toolkit. I love one and two and I think it's gonna be really cool to play three.

Shenmue III trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlmofnCnPeE&itct=CBgQpDAYASITCLXNl-Cqpt0CFZdB4AodzxEADFISc2hlbm11ZSAzIGdhbWVzY29u&hl=en-GB&gl=NG&client=mv-google

Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by vasaratti: 1:11pm On Sep 06, 2018
Surge 2 Gameplay Unveiled

We  got gameplay from the Surge 2 which by the way is something I definitely wanted to see. The surge is a great game honestly to me, it looks like they've really upped it a little bit for whatever reason. It seems faster to me although I definitely can't say whether or not that's the truth since  I haven't played it and the Surge is a little bit more hectic than Dark Souls albeit a good take on that type of gameplay.

Honestly I'm happy for more Surge, I feel like the trailer perfectly captured what made the first one good as well as just brought the brutality in a good way. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dqisu-PtwM&itct=CBgQpDAYACITCL7EhbKspt0CFUNO4Aodx4MDalIQc3VyZmUgMiBnYW1lc2NvbQ%3D%3D&oref=https%3A%2F%2Faccounts.google.com%2Fsignin%2Fv1%2Flookup&has_verified=1&hl=en-GB&gl=NG&client=mv-google

Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by vasaratti: 1:15pm On Sep 06, 2018
Devil may Cry Is Launching On May 5th 2019

Devil May Cry 5 saw a large amount of activity, first we got a new trailer which is I mean it's Devil May Cry, it's a trailer, it's stylistic, it's fast paced, it's very cool and we also got a release date for the game which will be coming March 8th 2019 for ps4 Xbox One and PC but more importantly people got to play it. 

I've actually seen some footage of the game in action, it is absolutely delightful to watch, it comes off very much like classic Devil May Cry, but what's interesting is it does actually bring in a couple of things from DMC the reboot, that was kind of side game.

Specifically stuff from that game that I think are actually among the better additions to it but bringing in the moving environments for one, is very cool and even cooler. I think and I understand this doesn't actually affect the gameplay but the enemy introductions that's a thing now which I absolutely love. It kind of gives you a little bit of a Bayonetta vibe which as you know these games share more than a little DNA but there's a lot of cool stuff as well, you actually recover arms from the environment instead of purchasing them they give Nero different powers, honestly, I just want to play it, I'm quite jealous of the people who got to play it at Gamescom and it makes March seem quite a ways away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmZdyeCRgus&itct=CBkQpDAYASITCLDz4aatpt0CFZ2RVQodQwcDu1IWZGV2aWwgbWF5IGNyeSBnYW1lc2Nvbg%3D%3D&client=mv-google&hl=en-GB&gl=NG

Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by vasaratti: 1:19pm On Sep 06, 2018
New Update On Cyberpunk 2077
CDProjekt RED showed off the progress of Cyberpunk 2077, announced that the game internally was playable from start to finish. That doesn't mean they're close to done or anything, in a large game the game being playable from start to finish just means the beginning of making sure that it is smooth.

At this point it is looking extremely slick though, we did get to see some new screenshots and although they didn't show it off publicly, apparently they showed off some stuff from Knight city, honestly this is a game that I think given Cyberpunk is known for, the Neon lights we've kind of been waiting to see, that you know we also got some new concept art and people were actually allowed to take pictures of the title screen of the game and it is really a pleasure, just looking at that is even cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB9Sgnefxag&itct=CBgQpDAYASITCLKkmYuupt0CFcdh4AodDDgAdFISY3liZXJwdW5rIGdhbWVzY29u&hl=en-GB&gl=NG&client=mv-google

Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by vasaratti: 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2018
Nvidia announced some new graphics cards
I don't know much about tech stuff so I'm sorry if I can't really explain much about this but it seems like a really cool stuff, seeing the whole hype around it.

You can pre-order them now but they're going to be available apparently at the end of September except one of them which will be available in October you can look into more detailed specs for yourself.
Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by vasaratti: 1:32pm On Sep 06, 2018
Major Update On Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

First the release date which is March 22nd 2019 for PC PS4 and Xbox One between this and DMC March is gonna be a big month and I look forward to that quite a bit.

But beyond that we also found out that the game is going to have multiple endings, and that the new game plus option is going to be present, which is very good because it makes some implications about the story and about the replay of value that I think personally make the game a little bit more enticing. 

But even more, the size and scope of the game is going to be around Blood-borne and Dark Souls 3 now this probably puts it somewhere between 30 to 40 hours, not necessarily from a completionist perspective, but I mean that bodes well as far as I'm concerned and we also got to see a lot of new gameplay which showed off things like the stealth, the grappling hook, the faster paced action that feels still like Dark Souls but it does have its own unique rhythm and I appreciate that quite a bit.

There's also more time spent in the air not just from the grappling hook but you see a lot of jumping. We saw quite a few jump kills, I don't know, it looks like a game that's going to bring a little more variety in gameplay and being they did that I think that lended itself - maybe less time spent on combat but it also looks like the strategic elements remain and that's very much kind of what makes a Dark Souls game a Dark Souls game.

Still, this broadens the horizons of a Souls like I would say considerably, and well I may not be a hundred percent correct about that, I am very excited because there's enough that looks different to me that makes me really want to see how it goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2TjEl0l_FU&itct=CBgQpDAYASITCKfKjeSwpt0CFcSnVQodks0KkFIgc2VraXJvIHNoYWRvdyBkaWUgdHdpY2UgZ2FtZXNjb24%3D&hl=en-GB&gl=NG&client=mv-google

Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by vasaratti: 1:37pm On Sep 06, 2018
what did you see in Gamescom 2018 that made you most excited?
lalasticlala
Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by Thegamingorca(m): 2:01pm On Sep 06, 2018
Bloodborne can take you over 200hrs grinding alone not to talk of dark souls 3 fire fades edition.

vasaratti:
Major Update On Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

First the release date which is March 22nd 2019 for PC PS4 and Xbox One between this and DMC March is gonna be a big month and I look forward to that quite a bit.

But beyond that we also found out that the game is going to have multiple endings, and that the new game plus option is going to be present, which is very good because it makes some implications about the story and about the replay of value that I think personally make the game a little bit more enticing. 

But even more, the size and scope of the game is going to be around Blood-borne and Dark Souls 3 now this probably puts it somewhere between 30 to 40 hours, not necessarily from a completionist perspective, but I mean that bodes well as far as I'm concerned and we also got to see a lot of new gameplay which showed off things like the stealth, the grappling hook, the faster paced action that feels still like Dark Souls but it does have its own unique rhythm and I appreciate that quite a bit.

There's also more time spent in the air not just from the grappling hook but you see a lot of jumping. We saw quite a few jump kills, I don't know, it looks like a game that's going to bring a little more variety in gameplay and being they did that I think that lended itself - maybe less time spent on combat but it also looks like the strategic elements remain and that's very much kind of what makes a Dark Souls game a Dark Souls game.

Still, this broadens the horizons of a Souls like I would say considerably, and well I may not be a hundred percent correct about that, I am very excited because there's enough that looks different to me that makes me really want to see how it goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2TjEl0l_FU&itct=CBgQpDAYASITCKfKjeSwpt0CFcSnVQodks0KkFIgc2VraXJvIHNoYWRvdyBkaWUgdHdpY2UgZ2FtZXNjb24%3D&hl=en-GB&gl=NG&client=mv-google
Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by Thegamingorca(m): 2:04pm On Sep 06, 2018
The new game plus feature that Is going to be present means much more than what you wrote in your last post'a 2nd paragraph. Only if you've played bloodborne will you truly understand what dey mean by the ending changes
Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by vasaratti: 2:25pm On Sep 06, 2018
Thegamingorca:
Bloodborne can take you over 200hrs grinding alone not to talk of dark souls 3 fire fades edition.

200hrs on bloodbourne?? Are you kidding me?? For you to spend 200hrs on bloodbourne then you are probably a video game noob or something

check this two links to verify the REAL gameplay hours on Bloodbourne and Dark Souls III

Dark Souls III: https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=26803
Bloodbourne: https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=21262

Thegamingorca I heard you are silkmoth, if you are please let me know because I'm really missing the guy's presence in this section
Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by vasaratti: 2:25pm On Sep 06, 2018
Thegamingorca:
The new game plus feature that Is going to be present means much more than what you wrote in your last post'a 2nd paragraph. Only if you've played bloodborne will you truly understand what dey mean by the ending changes

I don't understand what you wrote here
Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by Thegamingorca(m): 2:27pm On Sep 06, 2018
vasaratti:

I don't understand what you wrote here

Exactly my point grin
Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by Thegamingorca(m): 2:41pm On Sep 06, 2018
vasaratti:

200hrs on bloodbourne?? Are you kidding me?? For you to spend 200hrs on bloodbourne then you are probably a video game noob or something

check this two links to verify the REAL gameplay hours on Bloodbourne and Dark Souls III

Dark Souls III: https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=26803
Bloodbourne: https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=21262

Thegamingorca I heard you are silkmoth, if you are please let me know because I'm really missing the guy's presence in this section

Do you have a console cheesy
What's your psn? Add me I'm slickmoth33

Pulling out stats of what you think is the time meant to beat a game is foolish. Let me school you. The game requires no less than 3 play throughs with different endings.

Meaning you fight ng 3+ bosses over and over again.

There are over 38 bosses to beat in each playthrough of bloodborne Mr game noob

And for gods sake the spelling of the game is bloodborne not bloodbourne we ain't transmitting your hepatitis in this game grin

Let me stop there. It seems you might get the picture of what you no nothing about now

1 Like

Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 06, 2018
Bruh...
Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by Thegamingorca(m): 8:21pm On Sep 07, 2018
tobianthony:
Bruh...

Sup
Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by typicalgamer(m): 12:20pm On Sep 08, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Do you have a console cheesy
What's your psn? Add me I'm slickmoth33

Pulling out stats of what you think is the time meant to beat a game is foolish. Let me school you. The game requires no less than 3 play throughs with different endings.

Meaning you fight ng 3+ bosses over and over again.

There are over 38 bosses to beat in each playthrough of bloodborne Mr game noob

And for gods sake the spelling of the game is bloodborne not bloodbourne we ain't transmitting your hepatitis in this game grin

Let me stop there. It seems you might get the picture of what you no nothing about now

help me tell am o to finish blood borne no be easy feat o
Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by obioma408: 7:23pm On Sep 08, 2018
Bruh...w

Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by MobileGees: 9:52am On Sep 09, 2018
Bruh.....
Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by GidiGamers: 12:29pm On Sep 09, 2018
All of you above me don dey kolo oo grin grin everyone is just bruh-ing grin let me sef join the gang.

bruh............ cheesy
Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by Thegamingorca(m): 9:03pm On Sep 09, 2018
Bruh
Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by typicalgamer(m): 12:33am On Sep 10, 2018
sup bruf.......
Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 10, 2018
Morning bruh ...looking for 1m before 12 o clock bruh
Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by Thegamingorca(m): 6:56am On Sep 11, 2018
I'm sure when ppl start getting hacked spiderman most ppl won't want to be paying for discs grin
Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
To each his own ...
Re: Gamescon 2018: 10 Biggest Announcements Of The Gaming Event by MobileGees: 8:35pm On Sep 11, 2018
where art thou bruh?? Gone into Hibernation?
Bruh......

(1) (Reply)

Dont Tell Me Am The Only Zuma Addict! / Ohio State Marching Band's Video Game-themed Halftime Performance / A Gamers Tournament ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.