Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,461 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns (35124 Views)

Lady Survives Fungal Infection Which Came Off An Artificial Nail She Fixed / Help!!! What Can Someone Use For This Fungal Infection? WARNING!! GRAPHICS PICS / Hi Mom's. Best Baby Cream For your Baby. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Fabmumng(f): 6:13pm On Sep 07, 2018
According to an Ilorin-based paediatrician, Khadijat Ajadi, using antifungal creams mixed with baby body creams to bleach the skin of babies is harmful.

Ms. Ajadi told the News Agency of Nigeria in Ilorin that antifungal creams were medications and not body creams.

According to her, mixing drugs like Funbact A and Skineal with baby body creams is not healthy for the skin, especially for the skin of babies.

“The rate at which some mothers do this now is alarming and they even prescribe it to others openly.

“I want them to stop because these are drugs with dangerous side effects.

The side effects include steroids which are easily absorbed into the bloodstream from the fragile skin of the newborns and babies.

“These lead to serious side effects on the long terms including gastritis (stomach ulcers), wounds, poor growth and other sinister side effects.

“If mothers religiously go through the packs of some of these medicated creams, words like “antifungal,” “antibacterial”, “anti-inflammatory” are written on them.

“The constituents are drugs including antibiotics, antifungal and steroids and they are often prescribed for specific skin diseases and usually for a short duration and not usually more than two weeks,” she said.

http://fabmumng.com/mothers-stop-using-anti-fungal-as-baby-cream-pediatrician-warns/

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by LadySarah: 1:52am On Sep 08, 2018
It is the reigning thing now,they call it bringing out my babys color.The hospital nurses go about spreading this falsehood.
Funbact A,smoothie,skineal,etc.Then the baby you sae earlier that was dark is now fair,with disjointed colors and sweating always with a funny smell.

The stupid fathers who leave the parenting jobs only for their olodo wives will come here and bandy words with me after one of them insisted their family doc directed them.
Intact I heard it for the first time at I he immunisation unit of a govt hospital by a nurse teaching that day.
You have been mixing your 7 mth old baby's cream since he was born.
Did you ask the doc why?Is ur baby having the worlds greatest skin disease,when are we going to stop the mixing?you just kept missing Ori n funbact a or Vaseline

Ogaoo!!!O dikwaegwu
The latest now is carrot oil for bleaching babies.Team Olive oil or Shea butter from day one till now.

131 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by ADUKKY(f): 9:49am On Sep 08, 2018
This shit is real, unfortunately experienced mothers pass the same knowledge down to new mothers who don't know any better. I was a victim when I had my first child, thank God for wisdom he would have been scarred for life. We are team Dettol Vaseline or Shea butter or Coconut oil now.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by mrjojo: 10:53am On Sep 08, 2018
This is so common this days, how do you mix a powerful antifungal with Shea butter on a 6months old baby, shocked shocked this generation mothers, smh.

10 Likes

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by NoToPile: 3:49pm On Sep 09, 2018
Tell them ooo

funbact A skineal and Co gang. Even sudocream is being abused

The rate of mixing creams for baby is quite alarming

What happened to plain old coconut, olive, oil etc or better still baby products. The babies don't even need much cream or oil rubbing sef

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by dominique(f): 4:58pm On Sep 09, 2018
Mixing funbact A with Shea butter or petroleum jelly to lighten baby's skin, a lot of mothers are guilty of this heinous act.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Pidginwhisper: 5:01pm On Sep 09, 2018
This one na for women using Funbact-A as baby cream. Baby wey u see for naming ceremony go don transparent 6months later as dem don abuse Funbact-A tire. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by BruncleZuma: 5:01pm On Sep 09, 2018
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by excomarow(m): 5:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
All this new generation mothers sef...

...be doing something as if you are in the order room
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Bamidey: 5:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
Na slay mothers we dey get now nah. I go my guy wedding for Asaba, 35year old man marrying 19year old girl. Why she no go use even aboniki as baby cream

23 Likes

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by johnmba: 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2018
We love everything white.

We want to travel abraod
We want to buy imported products
We like half cast

And now we want to be white from day old.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by johnmattew: 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2018
this is becoming alarming, especially in Lagos...almost all new generation mother's do this in Lagos....they don't know the huge negative effects on their babies, especially the male children.imagine how kids are being exposed to such harsh creams at tender age..the competition amongst modern women is becoming too much..my cousin is a good example of such women,she mixes her kids' cream with it to make them glow and fair in complexion....a pharmacist friend told me that antifungal cream is the most sold cream in his store.there is a reason why those creams are stored in tubes and small quantities

ignorance in this modern Nigerian is alarming...is there anything wrong with black skin colour,even when it's dermatogically proven as the best skin colour?

stay away from funbact A creams

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by nabegibeg: 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2018
Fabmumng:
According to an Ilorin-based paediatrician, Khadijat Ajadi, using antifungal creams mixed with baby body creams to bleach the skin of babies is harmful.

Ms. Ajadi told the News Agency of Nigeria in Ilorin that antifungal creams were medications and not body creams.

According to her, mixing drugs like Funbact A and Skineal with baby body creams is not healthy for the skin, especially for the skin of babies.

“The rate at which some mothers do this now is alarming and they even prescribe it to others openly.

“I want them to stop because these are drugs with dangerous side effects.

The side effects include steroids which are easily absorbed into the bloodstream from the fragile skin of the newborns and babies.

“These lead to serious side effects on the long terms including gastritis (stomach ulcers), wounds, poor growth and other sinister side effects.

“If mothers religiously go through the packs of some of these medicated creams, words like “antifungal,” “antibacterial”, “anti-inflammatory” are written on them.

“The constituents are drugs including antibiotics, antifungal and steroids and they are often prescribed for specific skin diseases and usually for a short duration and not usually more than two weeks,” she said.

http://fabmumng.com/mothers-stop-using-anti-fungal-as-baby-cream-pediatrician-warns/

the madness of being fair or and white has eaten their brain that they reason abnormally

1 Like

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by ultravires(m): 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2018
over to you mothers and mothers to be

Btw I can supply you with quality Tile gum direct from he factory, check in if you are a Tiler or site engineer. we deliver to all parts of the country

1 Like

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Genniez(f): 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2018
Will they listen when the Want the baby to be alafin..funny enough they would say the baby is naturally fair... Lying parents

12 Likes

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by IMASTEX: 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2018
Some mothers will disregard health all for "looking good"

1 Like

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by ntyce(m): 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2018
Reading this scared the shit out of me.

Lemme call my wife ASAP and ask if she ever mix anything with that Shea butter I brought.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by ariesbull: 5:10pm On Sep 09, 2018
I don't get it...must you guys be fair...we know the Igbo and the efiks Calabar region with some south South states are fair...we totally know it's natural

Why must they bleach kids in Ilorin...are you guys manufacturing BobRiskies and Denreles there

24 Likes

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by carammel(f): 5:11pm On Sep 09, 2018
Pure ori still remain the best for baby skin..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Xisnin(m): 5:11pm On Sep 09, 2018
White skin madness.
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by pocohantas(f): 5:14pm On Sep 09, 2018
Na instagram mothers, them no get sense, just like their senseless slay husbands.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Winneygirl(f): 5:14pm On Sep 09, 2018
That's how one woman was giving her baby slimming meal replacement shakes for food.
Why?
She wants a slim son.

9 Likes

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Just2endowed2(m): 5:15pm On Sep 09, 2018
Nairaland is the best place to be..... Let me take note as a future husband. My woman must not try this pool.

1 Like

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Ayoswit(f): 5:15pm On Sep 09, 2018
K
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by backnbeta(f): 5:16pm On Sep 09, 2018
Tell them, i pray they listen. Bleaching a baby's skin all in the name of slaying! Some even use their harsh bleaching/toning concoctions on their innocent babies.

1 Like

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by InansBobo(m): 5:17pm On Sep 09, 2018
grin
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Bizibi(m): 5:19pm On Sep 09, 2018
Winneygirl:
That's how one woman was giving her baby slimming meal replacement shakes for food.
Why?
She wants a slim son.
oghene!!!! Ehhh
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by millionboi2: 5:20pm On Sep 09, 2018
Lagos is d most dirty state in Nigeria

Jesus.....,everywie is smelling in lagos

1 Like

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by pweshboi(m): 5:21pm On Sep 09, 2018
True @OP... I had to stop using skineal cream cos I noticed whenever I stop using it as a facial cream ill start having reactions on my face. I used it for 6years and had to stop last 3 months... I made sure my face undergo the necessary changes and it's back to normal now. The reaction went on their own.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UCH Delivers First IVF Triplets / Nigerian Scientists Prove Efficacy Of Nano-medicine In HIV/AIDS Cure / 38-Year-Old Man Commits Suicide In Ibadan By Hanging (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.