Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,100 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' (35184 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts / Genevieve Nnaji's Movie "Lionheart" Sold For N150 In Traffic / Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by Janthony: 1:07pm On Sep 08, 2018
grin
Richdad50:

Na space booking go kill you
Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by RexTramadol1: 1:07pm On Sep 08, 2018
shocked

Congrats Gennie!

Up Nigeria!
Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by blackgold2018(m): 1:09pm On Sep 08, 2018
Wow.. nnaji making us proud. A woman with confidence, integrity n respect. I'm yet to see a low life saying"go and marry"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by condomuser: 1:09pm On Sep 08, 2018
It is true i was there, they paid her $3 million for it.
Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by HomeOfMe(f): 1:10pm On Sep 08, 2018
ebusnwaoma:
American over-the-top media services provider, Netflix reportedly bought Genevieve Nnaji's movie Lion Heart, on the eve of its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival.

Genevieve Nnaji's movie Lion Heart which will premiere at TIFF on Saturday, has stars like Nkem Owoh, Pete Edochie, and Onyeka Onwenu. The announcement made on Friday by Netflix, makes the comic movie the first Netflix original film from Nigeria.

Variety reported that the story follows a daughter who’s forced to work with her feckless uncle in order to save her father’s ailing bus company. Nnaji plays Adaeze, a level-headed executive in her father’s bus company, Lionheart Transport. When her father (played by Edochie) falls ill, both she and her rival (Kalu Egbui Ikeagwu) are passed over in favor of the uncle, played by Owoh.

Complications arise when they discover that the family business is in dire financial straits — leading to absurd results as they try to save the company. The film also touches on everyday sexism that saturates the workplace, as well as the delicate balance between honoring one’s family while finding the courage to strike out on one’s own.

The movie which is produced by T.E.N. — The Entertainment Network, was written by Genevieve Nnaji, Chinny Onwugbenu, Ishaya Bako, Emil Garuba, and C.J. Obasi. The movie is also the veteran actress' directorial debut.

Genevieve Nnaji, an actress who has an undeniable star power, made her debut as a producer in 2015 with the movie "Road to Yesterday." The movie raked in 30 million naira at the box office. It is safe to say that the movie was that successful because of the name 'Genevieve Nnaji.' Also, the movie was her come-back after about four years and her fans couldn't wait to get reacquainted with her acting skills.

It was also gathered that Nnaji did an amazing job in assembling known performers, who are popular for pulling their audience into their projects with their delivery skills.

https://lailasnews.com/netflix-buys-genevieve-nnajis-movie-lion-heart/

lalasticlala
Wow! This is gonna he a major breakthrough for her. Congratulations Genevieve.
Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by mmsen: 1:12pm On Sep 08, 2018
Abdul3391:
Too much money has been made..

Success stories everywhere, I'm so happy. who God has blessed no man can curse

She made a film. Netflix bought it. Where does god fit into the equation?
Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by giles14(m): 1:13pm On Sep 08, 2018
have been waiting for this movie.

Nigerian producers wen una go redo achebe novels ,bottle leopard ,wives revolt and other contemporary novels

1 Like

Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 08, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
for how much
nollywood movies are all boring sitcoms
nollywood are for dull people with low IQ. They sell only because Africans are dull and there are many Africans. Every Nollywood movie is about rituals, money, stealing husband or wife, betrayal or childlessness. Nothing else!!! I guess it's a refelction of Africans!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by Hoodbilonia: 1:25pm On Sep 08, 2018
i swear
if its not village movies.it will be palace one compound useless king and queen with councilnof elders movie
it will be one boring sitcom movie of how he went to the city and made money came back tonthe village to oppress.
boring movies on epic
infct d whole dstv is a waste
igbo movies are the worst
so unrealistic
Yoruba movies
one direction.
love charm rituals.
africa is cursed
d time wen nollywood stopped actin reasonable movies na since 2012
geometricaxis:

nollywood are for dull people with low IQ. They sell only because Africans are dull and there are many Africans. Every Nollywood movie is about rituals, money, stealing husband or wife, betrayal or childlessness. Nothing else!!! I guess it's a refelction of Africans!!!

1 Like

Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by Mccullum: 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2018
Beehshorp:
Pete Edochie
Genevieve Nnaji
Nkem Owoh
Onyeka Onwenu
Kalu Ikeagwu
Chineke mo.. Igbo amaka

Chineke on top what?
Rubbish!
Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by Masterclass32: 1:39pm On Sep 08, 2018
Sweet Genny.

Congrats.

1 Like

Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by sayisayi(m): 1:40pm On Sep 08, 2018
IGBO Amaka....buy for 2, sell for 20!
Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by Abdul3391(m): 1:44pm On Sep 08, 2018
mmsen:

God gave her life..

the strength and energy to make d film.

the grace to meet a big company like Netflix to buy it.
isn't that amazing

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by Abdul3391(m): 1:47pm On Sep 08, 2018
mmsen:

God gave her life

He gave her d strength and energy to make d film.

He gave her the grace to meet Netflix to buy the film.
isn't that amazing
Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by ibkayee(f): 1:47pm On Sep 08, 2018
Watching, love me some Genevieve Nnaji

2 Likes

Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by CyberEBOLA(m): 1:50pm On Sep 08, 2018
Abdul3391:

God gave her life..

isn't that amazing
Mumu

1 Like

Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by Dreyl(m): 1:57pm On Sep 08, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
for how much
nollywood movies are all boring sitcoms
Go make your own movie and stop hating

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by Zzyy(m): 2:01pm On Sep 08, 2018
Beehshorp:
Pete Edochie
Genevieve Nnaji
Nkem Owoh
Onyeka Onwenu
Kalu Ikeagwu
Chineke mo.. Igbo amaka

Una fada
Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by tintingz(m): 2:03pm On Sep 08, 2018
Nice, Netflix will push this movie.

Congrats to Genevieve.
Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by lawrence35(m): 2:10pm On Sep 08, 2018
The girl HV hammer
Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by lawrence35(m): 2:12pm On Sep 08, 2018
The girl HV hammer

See signature to start dropshipping
Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by omoiyalayi(m): 2:12pm On Sep 08, 2018
Kudos to her

She definitely deserve an accolades

Go Genny
Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by Omonoba1: 2:22pm On Sep 08, 2018
Respect to Pete Edochie.. I love the man (no homo)..
Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by shugacain: 2:23pm On Sep 08, 2018
who wants me to share my netflix account with her or him make we watch the movie together. i was expecting Lindaikejitv to buy the movie sef before netflix
Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by mmsen: 2:23pm On Sep 08, 2018
Abdul3391:

God gave her life..

isn't that amazing

Her parents are responsible for her being alive.

You people believe in so much nonsense.
Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by ceejay80s(m): 2:25pm On Sep 08, 2018
gene my baby girl for ever making us proud
Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by ceejay80s(m): 2:29pm On Sep 08, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
I hope it wouldn't be oVerated like that Alter Ego by Omotola angry
watch all gene movies, u go know say omotola movies na hand ball or foul

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by excomarow(m): 2:33pm On Sep 08, 2018
Richdad50:

Lack of Job is what is making you book space

Mumu, after reading the story, na my space you grab.

You wey get Job, what is your comment
Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by ceejay80s(m): 2:37pm On Sep 08, 2018
Abdul3391:

God gave her life..

isn't that amazing
some people no know wetin Netflix be, dem think say netflix na cadbury or milo
Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by J2381: 2:39pm On Sep 08, 2018
How much did netflix pay for the movie? grin
Re: Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' by Excallibur(m): 2:43pm On Sep 08, 2018
Some are busy setting records, others are exposing cleavages and showing big y**sh

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Beatrice, Yerins, Whitemoney, Yousef, Niyi Nominated For Eviction / NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality / BBNaija evel 2 Pool Party: Daniella & Khalid Kissed; Groovy & Beauty Kissed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.