Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? (3539 Views)

Why C# Developers Are In High Demand / Ruby On Rails Developers In Nigeria / Where Are The Flex Developers in Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by Beaf: 9:57pm On Jul 01, 2010
If so, where do they work and what is their experience?
Do they know about any freebies?
Do they know of any free learning resources?
How much do you charge? etc etc etc etc

Tell us, how life is for you Nigerian non-linux, non-PHP folk, non-Java, non-VB folk. wink
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by richy101: 11:48am On Jul 04, 2010
yes! are you new in this technology? if u are don't hesitate to let me know
got a lot of things to share.
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by Beaf: 9:35pm On Jul 04, 2010
richy101:

yes! are you new in this technology? if u are don't hesitate to let me know
got a lot of things to share.

Not exactly new, but not to old to learn either cheesy. Glad to hear from you, I'd begun to fear noone would take it up! wink
The reason for this post is that I am quite bothered that there are so few C# devs in Nigeria. I asked all those questions to elicit answers that might point at ways to help and encourage others.

How do you find C# resources and the market in Nigeria?
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by javalord: 8:07am On Jul 05, 2010
TO answer your question i will say YES! We have lots of C# developers in nigeria.

am one and most of my friends do C#. In the company where i work(telecoms) we develop VAS Solutions, web services, custom modules for DotNetNuke(cms) using C#.
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by richy101: 10:02pm On Jul 05, 2010
BEAF have an idea of the new asp.net mvc2 (Model View Controller)?
its a great feature added to the asp.net platform. if you are more
of a web app developer you should try this new tech.
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by Beaf: 5:54pm On Jul 17, 2010
richy101:

BEAF have an idea of the new asp.net mvc2 (Model View Controller)?
its a great feature added to the asp.net platform. if you are more
of a web app developer you should try this new tech.

For a long time, I've run away from MVC because of the bitter days of Classic ASP days of spaghetti code. But lately, I've begun to give it a serious rethink and actually learn it, because I spend so much time writing composite controls that do what MVC is designed from the ground up to do. My efforts pale compared to the MVC framework embarassed. Yeah, so thumbs up for MVC.
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by Beaf: 5:57pm On Jul 17, 2010
javalord:

TO answer your question i will say YES! We have lots of C# developers in nigeria.

am one and most of my friends do C#. In the company where i work(telecoms) we develop VAS Solutions, web services, custom modules for DotNetNuke(cms) using C#.

Impressive. Are the DNN modules for websites or intranets?
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 18, 2010
I mostly use MVC for JSP applications! And also have a good Architecture i use while coding PHP in an Object Oriented Manner!

Speaking of C# i heard it is about the best language for Game development, thinking of developing some games, Is that true
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by Beaf: 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2010
Donpuzo:

I mostly use MVC for JSP applications! And also have a good Architecture i use while coding PHP in an Object Oriented Manner!

Speaking of C# i heard it is about the best language for Game development, thinking of developing some games, Is that true

C# is the best in almost every way, there is certainly nothing in PHP that can be compared to C# (dump it at the gate). wink
I am not a games dev, but from experience, there is nothing that nears C# on the .NET platform when it comes to RAD. You can prototype and deliver games several times faster than with C++ (some experts put it at up to 6 times faster). It also exposes much less laborious ways of GPGPU natively.
A downside is that your code might be open to all to view (except you get a native compiler or wrapper). You might also give a little away in terms of raw performance (although C# is generally as fast and can be faster than C++ under rare conditions). C# will do everything from robotics, to games, medical graphics, to desktop, to web, to embedded (provided there's enough memory).
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 18, 2010
@Beaf, Ok, I will consider delving into the C world,

Meanwhile, can C# develop web based applications grin
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by javalord: 11:02pm On Jul 18, 2010
@Beaf the custom DNN modules are for website. Internally we use MOSS 2007(sharepoint) but we don't have test environment.
So we don't do sharepoint module development.
Do you do DNN?
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by Beaf: 3:15am On Jul 19, 2010
javalord:

@Beaf the custom DNN modules are for website. Internally we use MOSS 2007(sharepoint) but we don't have test environment.
So we don't do sharepoint module development.
Do you do DNN?

Not really, but I'ved worked with a couple of commercial CMS's (one Java, the other .NET). Right now, I do some web, WPF and Windows Forms.

I used DNN long ago (not commercially though). I haven't looked at it for years now; then it had serious accessibility issues (yeah I worked in one of those places), relied very heavily on tables and was written in VB.NET (it was impressive in other ways though). Is it still that way?
Have you tried another open source one called Mojoportal? Its quite good too.
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by tolutweety(m): 3:29am On Jul 19, 2010
pls beaf.,,, im in need of ur help.
im a registere member of nairaland but do not know how to post.
i would really appreciate if u can tell me the guidelines.urgent response wuldb kindly appreciated.
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by quadrillio(m): 1:13pm On Jul 19, 2010
I will take it one at a time. and am speaking for myself.
Beaf:

If so, where do they work and what is their experience?
am a freelancer, currently on a project with a state government, also a remote worker for a firm in France (purely for C# projects)

as for the experience, for programming over 7year, C# 3 years. (I believe that in this industry of ours, people who made it far are those who apply the knowledge immediately they acquire it).

Beaf:

Do they know about any freebies?
yes, enough on the net JUST GOOGLE IT.

Beaf:

Do they know of any free learning resources?
my best book "C#.NET Web Developer's Guide" & "Oreilly - C#.Net Programming 2nd Edition"

Beaf:

How much do you charge? etc etc etc etc
charges is based on client and nature of Job. but the least I can take for any C# job is 80k.

Beaf:

Tell us, how life is for you Nigerian non-linux, non-PHP folk, non-Java, non-VB folk. wink

hummm, can't says cos am into all what u ve mentioned. Linux-YES, PHP-YES YES YES, JAVA - not so deep, but enough friends are doin great with it, VB (VB 6.0)-YES, I start with this and I ve to confess for the first time on this forum that I regret starting with dis language. it affected me when i wanted to move to more C like languages.

- SAFE
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 1:31am On Jul 21, 2010
Given that the .NET Library is applies equally to both VB.NET and C#, as well as so many other .NET Languages, it is false assumption that C# is better than VB.NET. Terse, maybe, but not necessary better than VB.NET.
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by Beaf: 5:55pm On Jul 26, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Given that the .NET Library is applies equally to both VB.NET and C#, as well as so many other .NET Languages, it is false assumption that C# is better than VB.NET. Terse, maybe, but not necessary better than VB.NET.

This thread isn't about language comparisons, it is about C# all by itself and C# field experience in Nigeria.

This thread is not for VB or J# or or F# or any other language. It isn't about the .NET library either, because other languages like Python, Delphi, C++, C, D etc can harness the .NET platform, all you need do is write an adaptor.

So as I begged donpuzzo with his PHP, please dump your VB at the gate. wink
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 27, 2010
Beaf:

So as I begged donpuzo with his PHP, please dump your VB at the gate. wink

@Beaf. Was that line necessary to complete your statement or make a point!
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by Beaf: 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2010
Donpuzo:

@Beaf. Was that line necessary to complete your statement or make a point!

Ok. No vex.
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by bjustoffer: 7:06pm On Jul 27, 2010
justoffer.eu

it depend on how well you search
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by alasibanz: 4:56pm On Jan 18, 2011
plz javalord and other masters here i will like u to send me copies of those ebooks for beginners e.g
1. Thinking in java 4th edition
2. Mastering Regular Expressions in Java 2nd Edition
3. data structures & algorithms in java 2001
thanks my email is officejobonline@yahoo.com
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by Camelot7: 9:18pm On Jan 18, 2011
As far as c# in 9ja is concerned, watch out 4 Futa boyz.We've got c# gurus down here.I happen 2 hav just 3years c# experience in sch self tut,bt just in 400lvl.My best book so far is Wrox Professional c#2008.It was my guide 2 professional c# 2 years back.
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by henrywang(m): 7:57am On Jan 19, 2011
after launching the website on 28 november 2010, we have decided to be updating people on the result we recieve online before the real election,but not the main result. the main result will be release 3 days before the real election but we want the masses to know who is leading on the on going presidential election online.weekly updates from henfextechnology (updates for 3rd week of january 2011 on presidential election)get your result updates @ www.henfextech.com/result.php
Jonathan 150 vote's
Atiku 5 vote's
Buhari 4 vote's
Attahiru bafarawa 3 vote's
Ibb 5 vote's
Sheraku 2 vote's
Saraki 1 vote's
Ribadu 4 vote's
Donald duke 0 vote's
Dele momodu 0 vote's
Christ okotie 3 vote's
El-okotie 2 vote's
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by candylips(m): 5:20pm On Jan 19, 2011
c# is cool
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by paule: 4:14pm On Jan 20, 2011
I'm VB.NET & C# guru. C# was developed to make Java, C & C++ programmers decamp! I love Microsoft strategies. We (they) are the best cheesy
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by Syma: 2:43am On Feb 01, 2011
I'm VB.NET & C# guru. C# was developed to make Java, C & C++ programmers decamp! I love Microsoft strategies. We (they) are the best

That may be the case for java, but I don't think it is for C or C++. There's so much you can do with C or C++ that you cannot do with c#, take for example the coming Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact 7 supports only Silverlight and native C++, which many C# programmers (including me) are not happy about.
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by Josekuria: 8:33pm On Feb 02, 2011
Hi,
we are a company based in India, planning to set up base in Nigeria. Suggest you try Golang.By using GO, you dont have to invest any money in hardwares.
We can get the development done in India for any type of projects.
tjosekurian@gmail.com
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by Beaf: 12:46am On Feb 04, 2011
Syma:

That may be the case for java, but I don't think it is for C or C++. There's so much you can do with C or C++ that you cannot do with c#, take for example the coming Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact 7 supports only Silverlight and native C++, which many C# programmers (including me) are not happy about.

Wrong!
Checkout Vala, its C# that gets interpreted into C. You can do everything C or C++ can do with Vala, and you can do it with all the RAD that C# gives you! Thats some serious low level productivity ramp up!
Also check out projects like IL2CPU (part of Cosmos OS), SharpOS AOT, Bartok; they all compile C# right down to native code (eg IL2CPU  spits out ASM). There's also some guy who runs a project that can take in any .NET language and spit out the equivalent assembler for the target architecture; his project is called pigmeo.

Check these things out, C# is on a roll. It is being adopted for all sorts of exciting stuff, just because its so beautiful. I would suggest you take a look at Vala, its the most straight forward of the lot.
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by Syma: 11:38pm On Feb 04, 2011
Wrong!
Checkout Vala, its C# that gets interpreted into C. You can do everything C or C++ can do with Vala, and you can do it with all the RAD that C# gives you! Thats some serious low level productivity ramp up!
Also check out projects like IL2CPU (part of Cosmos OS), SharpOS AOT, Bartok; they all compile C# right down to native code (eg IL2CPU spits out ASM). There's also some guy who runs a project that can take in any .NET language and spit out the equivalent assembler for the target architecture; his project is called pigmeo.

Check these things out, C# is on a roll. It is being adopted for all sorts of exciting stuff, just because its so beautiful. I would suggest you take a look at Vala, its the most straight forward of the lot.

I am a C# developer, so am not doubting the power of what can be done with C#. My point is that C# cannot be compare to C or C++(Like comparing English to your native language) as to Java (Comparing English(US) to English(UK)), C or C++ speaks directly to the machine. Interpreting C# codes to native language further prove my point, If C# can do what C or C++ can do why compile it to native language? Native language can be use for any programmable device, but that's not the case for C#(managed code) without compiling it to native language.

All am saying is that it's not right to compare C# to C or C++ the same way we compare C# to Java.
Re: Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? by intereliate: 10:05pm On Jul 10, 2021
javalord:

(1) (Reply)

What's new in PHP 5 and PHP 6 / Java Or C++ / Reasons We Have Less Female Programmers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.