Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,688 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp - Certification And Training Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Certification And Training Adverts / Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp (3345 Views)

Learn To Be An SAP ERP End User / Who Knows About SAP And ERP? / Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp by saperpsms: 11:05am On Jul 02, 2010
SAP ERP is not only the side of IT to be considered when making money is a vital part of your IT goals, but SAP world is fast growing and in many years to come will still be in need of skilled SAP manpower globally.

SAP consultants are one of the most priced professional in the world today, come to think of it, its mostly in use by the richest organisations in the world.

The biggest challenge in SAP has been the cost of acquiring the skills.

But the good news is that no longer do you need to travel abroad to get trained in SAP as you can actually have 99.9% functional SAP system with the modules installed on your laptop, desktop or even external hard disk for yourself study.

So all you require will be to practice, practice and practice your way to any experience level you want.

We can also make the certification materials in any module or field of your interest available to you. Project materials will be made available so you giving no room for excuses.

But if you want to be a BASIS consultant, we can make available your own installation DVDs so you can keep passe with your practice of installation and configurations.

You can drop us a note here for further clarifications on how SAP can help you in your chosen profession as Finance, Control, HR, Sales, Oil & Gas professional. Better still send us a personal email.

Lets move into the future today!
Please note that what we give you is for learning purposes only and that we are not affiliated to SAP
Re: Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp by denzel2009: 11:12am On Jul 02, 2010
If you are sure, there are many people interested here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=149807.msg6283114#msg6283114
Re: Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp by saperpsms: 11:15am On Jul 02, 2010
Join us. - SAP World Tour comes to Nigeria. - Lagos, 29 July 2010.

Follow this link to register - http://196.35.68.113/sapevents/FrontEnd/Registration.asp?eventid=954

Please, the registration is FREE.
Re: Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp by saperpsms: 11:26am On Jul 02, 2010
@denzel2009

I didn't see that thread before now. Thanks for the link.

But this is what I do and ready anytime. I check up the thread then.
Re: Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp by trojand: 5:32pm On Jul 02, 2010
With numerous SOA - service oriented architecture based enterprise solution popping here and there, big corporation that have failed to realize appreciable ROI on their SAP - ERP system are beginning to scale down on their dependencies on SAP enterprise system, and moving to SOA based enterprise system integration.
I am not saying SAP is not good, but the cost of implementing and sustaining SAP is outrageous and becoming too exorbitant considering the global economy downturn. Hence, there are few new implementation of SAP around the world not to talk of Nigeria. Except Dangote group, there has n't been any new SAP implementation of SAP-ERP in Nigeria in recent past.
I quite agree with you that SAP consultants collect high professional fee but that happen only when there is job for them to do.
On the contrary I would recommend specialization and high degree of expertise in whatever area of IT service you find yourself.
If you are good and can prove yourself anywhere, you can make money even more than SAP consultant , thats is a FACT.
Re: Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp by candylips(m): 3:52pm On Jul 06, 2010
^^ you took the words out of my mouth

I was beginning to wonder what all the SAP fuse is all about.

SAP is just another overally complicated, overbloated piece of junk.

On the contrary. most big organizations don't run the whole of there biz on SAP.

Instead the have very strong development teams that develop solutions tailored to their biz needs.

SAP has its place but pls don't make it look like its the next big thing since slice bread because it aint . . .
Re: Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp by saperpsms: 3:09pm On Jul 07, 2010
The FACT is that in all labour there is profit! If you are a good farmer, tailor, teacher etc; and can prove yourself anywhere you could make big bucks. The more opportunities our people have at their disposal the better we get.

The idea is that the cost of getting trained in SAP is still too high for whatever reason and more so for the FACT that over 90% of the SAP jobs both implementation, support and daily operations are still in the hands of the expatriates.

It will be worth it if we can expand SAP ecosystem in Nigeria and more people should be encouraged to take positions in the field.

However, SAP users - Mobil, Total, Multilinks, Delta State, Chevron, Dangote etc; are not complaining on the cost since SAP is made for the big shots - at least a company should have above 1000 staff to think of running on SAP profitably.

Cheers
Re: Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp by saperpsms: 3:44pm On Jul 16, 2010
Accurate and timely knowledge is all that makes the difference in live most often.

Be reminded of the meeting below, afterall its FREE but the information you come out with may be all you need for the future you dream of.

Summary: THE BUSINESS EVENT OF THE YEAR COMES TO LAGOS
Venue: Lagos Oriental Hotel, Lagos, Nigeria
Map: http://196.35.68.113/sapevents/maps/Lagos Oriental Hotel Address.docx

Follow this link to register - http://196.35.68.113/sapevents/FrontEnd/Registration.asp?eventid=954

The registration is FREE.

See you there!
Re: Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp by Tugbaski: 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2010
candylips:

^^ you took the words out of my mouth

I was beginning to wonder what all the SAP fuse is all about.

SAP is just another overally complicated, overbloated piece of junk.

On the contrary. most big organizations don't run the whole of there biz on SAP.

Instead the have very strong development teams that develop solutions tailored to their biz needs.

SAP has its place but pls don't make it look like its the next big thing since slice bread because it aint . . .

You hit the nail on the head, I totally agree with you, Not all business uses the componenet of SAP and not all SAP Componenets are used,
Re: Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp by saperpsms: 3:22pm On Jul 20, 2010
You guys seem to be missing the point all together. Does SAP Skills make bigger bucks or not? Google your way to the answers and also the reasons why most of the Fortune 500 run on it.

Ignorance is already a thing of the past when you have access to internet. Just 30 minutes on a subject and you should come up with enough facts to deal with.

See you at the conference any way.

Cheers!
Re: Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp by Thelonius: 11:31pm On Jul 20, 2010
It's good to know there's interests in SAP. SAP has it's place, more suited to large corporations that can sustain the huge cost. With the new generation of IT companies operating in the SME region, there are loads of services (SOA, SaaS) that cost less than a tenth of what SAP cost and these are most appropriate for such companies.
SAP will stick around for a while as long as mega companies exist, but for how long? We'll never know for now.
Good news is that SAP consultants are paid pretty sums when they can find the job, a knowledge of it will do you some good. It even helps to make sense of services like SaaS and cloud computing.
Re: Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp by saperpsms: 6:14pm On Jul 21, 2010
@Thelonius

You are 100% right and that's the point I have been trying to pass across. If anyone is going to be an employee, It will make good sense to plan working in the best and biggest of corporations where your pay can comfortably buy you some of the SME companies.

I know we got the techies in house and I quite appreciate the pride of a coder because I code too but if someone could learn a skill that is directly in use in Shell, Exxonmobil, chevron, Total etc in just 6 months or 1 year, I believe such a person has added great value to himself in the immediate.

But on a lighter note, when do you imagine that any of these companies will go down? I think it is easier for the SMEs to fold up than these multinationals. As per job security, these guys are miles ahead, for anyone of them to go down, tens of the SMEs who are surviving on them would have been long grounded.

SAP remains a viable and indisputable Money Side of IT.
Re: Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp by Thelonius: 9:31pm On Jul 24, 2010
@saperp_sms SAP and other ERP applications will be around for some time till SaaS and cloud computing give us faster, more secure and service. With the level of bureaucracy and politics in the corporate world, ERP apps will still feature much.
Re: Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp by keluk123(m): 8:18am On Jul 26, 2010
IT world is a Big World of it's own. Specializing on a particular field on SAP is a stepping stone to numerous successes. So, having your own SAP ECC 6.0 in your system to practice and eventually become certified is a rare opportunity. It will give you an edge to others. Having skill on a SAP will make you indispensable to bigger corporation and others. As time goes on, every organization will embrace SAP, and by then, you will become the most sought for in anywhere you are.
Re: Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp by saperpsms: 2:49pm On Jul 27, 2010
SAP WORLD TOUR 2010 -
THE BUSINESS EVENT OF THE YEAR COMES TO LAGOS!
Lagos Oriental Hotel, Lagos, Nigeria
Thursday, 29th July 2010

Don't miss this opportunity to hear from the horses mouth - The Opportunities | The Markets | The Monies

SAP is the largest software enterprise in Europe and the fourth largest software enterprise in the world as of 2009 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAP_AG

Cheers!
Re: Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp by saperpsms: 1:22pm On Aug 06, 2010
@Thelonius

SAAS and Cloud computing are not actually products hence got no basis to compete with SAP or Oracle. They are just a different way of offering software products and services.

Software As A Service (SAAS) is a system of offering software applications on Pay-As-You go basis. You subscribe to use the service and it is cheaper in the sense that you won't have to buy the infrastructure nor even need IT experts for maintenance as the providers handle all that.

SAP already has its own SAAS implementation and so do many other Enterprise Application companies.

Cheers!
Re: Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp by saperpsms: 2:03pm On Aug 11, 2010
Now for the SAP enthusiasts,

Your professional background can make getting certified in SAP a lot easier. However, as a Nigerian you are already tough enough to handle any module that appeals to you irrespective of your background.

If you have any experience in Networking and Database administration, BASIS will be a fantastic take.

BASIS consultants are those that have developed competence in SAP implementation and configuration. So your networking and database (especially Oracle) background will be a great advantage.

I will take on other professions subsequently.

Cheers!
Re: Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp by saperpsms: 3:10pm On Aug 12, 2010
Accountants:

If your competence at the moment is in financial like accounting, you will find SAP FI very easier to deal with than any other SAP module. You may take on CO(SAP Control) later and what do you get? The almighty FICO consultant which is still leading the way as the hottest SAP module worldwide.

Well if what you want is a lucrative SAP FICO career and no financial background, little extra determination will be required of you seeing that you will be learning two things at the same time - SAP FICO & Accounting.

But I think its still worth every effort afterall the many of FICO experts never attended accounting classes either.

Keep a tab on this page, next light may be your interest.

Cheers!
Re: Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp by saperpsms: 5:29pm On Aug 25, 2010
Human Resource Professionals

Every profession in life is being executed with technologies and HR is not an exception.
SAP HR module is the hottest SAP module in the world next to FICO and experts are already forseeing this module take over the top spot in the near future.
No matter your number of degrees and certifications in this field, the need to gain an IT skill in this filed can not be overemphasised.
The future will be completely dominated with IT tools for whatever job.

I suggest that anyone who needs an IT skill to support his/her profession should go for the best and the highest paying skill relevant to profession.
SAP HR will put you at same pedestal as your other colleagues in the Fortune 500 companies all over the world. All major oil and Gas companies in this country run on SAP to say the least.

I will be back soon for some other professional.

Cheers!
Re: Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp by jubatus: 2:47pm On Mar 04, 2011
http://www.itcontractor.com/Articles_IR35_News_Advice/view_article.asp?id_no=6195&photopage=0
Trying to make sense of it all.A newbie developer trying to put together my first application with Java/J2EE/Spring.I am very open to getting into any part of IT so long as I can make a lot of money to live the way I like.If I bring a maserati to Nigeria,its not gonna reject the bad roods.But for me,I will preffer to be a SAP developer because as a developer,you are an indispensible requirement of the system.I have had about ABAP and SAP integration with Java,so once I can get myself started I am open to all ideas.The SAP business even is surely going into my diary.

However,I will reiterate that I still prefer to be a developer whether with SAP,Java/Oracle or Microsoft frameworks because as a developer if you have a good idea,you can make a lot of money.SAP or no SAP,Google boys became rich with gmail via Javascript,Zuberberg Facebook was done with PHP and twitter is the new boy in town with ruby on rails.Most banks in Nigeria run on java and microsoft powered software and possible oracle or SAP at the backend,atleast I know about rubicon and finacle.Young developers have made money with developing games and other programs that is not enterprise related.
Re: Money Side Of IT - Sap Erp by Saperp(m): 3:40am On Aug 15, 2016
ERP Software Management is offering SAP E learning remotely and classroom Training in Lagos soon.

We are base in South Africa and we offer Training to Consultant in Nigeria and South Africa, You can get in touch with us and we would give you a professional guide to your SAP career. We offer both technical and functional SAP training. We can help you with you certification exam registration without an S User ID and you can write at any Person vue center.

Our Consultant and Trainer are certified with years of experience as a trainer, consultant and content developer.

Email us: info@erpsm.co.za and we shall get back to you asap.

(1) (Reply)

Passed Oracle 1z0-048~~~~~~ / Computer Professionals (Registration Council of Nigeria) Annual IT Assembly/AGM / One Week Workshop Learn Bead Making, Wire Work And Decoration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.