Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Are There Radio Software 4 Laptops? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Are There Radio Software 4 Laptops? (797 Views)

HOT!! AVG Internet Security 2014 Antivirus Software 4 Years 3PC 3user Keys- #450 / Privoxy Software 4 Free Browsing / Save Money SAVE UR DATA PLAN By Using This Software, (4 Internet Users). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are There Radio Software 4 Laptops? by RuuDie(m): 3:00pm On Apr 03, 2007
are the radio software 4 laptops dat will allow u streamin of Fm radio stations signals on ur laptop PCs without internet connexion?
Re: Are There Radio Software 4 Laptops? by agent124: 3:50am On Apr 12, 2007
Ruudie,

Of course yes, without an internet connection, you need a device called a tuner. Most tuners are tv/fm tuners. You just connect your laptop on one end and an antennae at the other end. Voila, you can watch both tv and listen to radio (stations you normally will get in your location e.g. lagos like cool FM and stuff). However, these are the external ones. For your laptop, there are PCMCIA tuners that you insert into your expansion slot and they work as well as the external tuners.

The thing is they are so more expensive than just buying a radio from a store or something. If you have an internet connection, you can get a software like Real Player Premium and you get to listen to BBC, CNN radio and so much more.

Let me know if you have any other questions. For where you can buy a pcmcia tuner, I definitely don't know but let me know if you ever find a place,

Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

Copying From Ms Publisher To Msword / Pemtium M Laptop At 85,000! / Have You Started Using The Bum Marketing Technique In Your Online Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.