Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants (23633 Views)

Elephants Crossing Road / CONFUSION! Pandemonium As Elephants Chase Ogun Villagers / Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by ManirBK: 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2018
As the usual nature of village communities, any strange animal that comes to the community or is spotted close to the community, is chased and killed by hunters or people of that particular community, not minding if the animal is an endangered specie or not. However, the reverse was the case in Kebbi. Recently, communities in Kebbi, especially that of Zaria Kala Kala, played host to three stray elephants.

The community demonstrated quite an unusual gesture towards three endangered species of elephants that were allegedly carried by River Niger currents to the area, all the way from Benin or Niger Republic.

Most striking point of the character exhibited by the host community, was how the members helped the stray elephants by safe-guarding their lives so that no danger could come to them even with their strange looks and the destruction of their crops by the wandering animals. Initially, there was intense fear in Zaria Kala Kala village community of Koko Besse local government area of Kebbi State, as the three stray Elephants on Tuesday invaded the area.

According to the residents of the village, the elephants were brought to the area by river currents, which pass through the area. Another source told LEADERSHIP Sunday that the animals were suspected to have migrated from the neighbouring jungles of Niger or Benin Republic from the territories of the River Niger banks, when they strayed from their group and entered Kebbi community.

The village head of Ganten Fadama, one of the communities that hosted the stray elephants, Alhaji Muhammad Bello, said that when the news came of the elephants that strayed into their community, fear of what would happen gripped the community. “We first heard that three elephants were seen in Zariyar Kala Kala in Koko-Besse local govt. So, after two days again, some of my village people went to their farm lands and came back with the information that those three elephants earlier seen in Zariyar Kala Kala, were now in their farm lands.

“After I received the information, I went by myself to confirm what they said. After verifying the information, I immediately informed my local govt chairman, Alhaji Muhammad Kaura Danhakimi Zagga, for necessary action. I equally mobilised my subjects including the hunters and told them not to harm or provoke the animals even when they ate their crops.

“I ensured that we provided protection to the wild animals from hunters and also that the wild animals were not to be killed.

Another traditional leader in the area, the district head of Borgu in Bagudo local government area, Alhaji Usman Adamu (Sarkin Bargu ) narrated how the endangered animals found their way into their communities and how they made efforts to safe guard them from any harm.

“Well, as you might have heard, the elephants are with us unharmed. They have been with us for two weeks now, nobody touched them. It is our belief that they lost their way and came all the way from Benin Republic. We have been advised by authorities not to harm them. So, I called my people and told them so and thank God, the community people cooperated with me.

“People only follow the elephants to watch them. Our prayer is that the owners of the elephants from benin republic will come and take them away because of the damage the elephants are causing out farmers.

https://leadership.ng/2018/09/09/kebbi-hosts-three-stray-elephants/

2 Likes

Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by ManirBK: 6:25pm On Sep 10, 2018
this time the villagers behave well just remember baby hippo Butchered by the same villagers in koko

https://www.nairaland.com/3649725/hippopotamus-caught-kebbi-waters-butchered

3 Likes

Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by psychologist(m): 7:46pm On Sep 10, 2018
Op how can u occupy the Op seat and steal the FTC position again grin

Kebbi no go dey do pass yourself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by orjikuramo(m): 7:46pm On Sep 10, 2018
Hosting...
Can't they get them into a zoo

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by emeijeh(m): 7:46pm On Sep 10, 2018
Where are the real pictures?

Why show us NatGeoWild image?

45 Likes

Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by kennosklint(m): 7:47pm On Sep 10, 2018
See meat oh
Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by jameeljega(m): 7:47pm On Sep 10, 2018
Kebbi My Home... grin

Land of peace equity and acceptance... even "Animal Kingdom" can testify to that... cool

Learn from us!
God Bless Peace Agents...
God Bless Kebbi State...
God Bless Nigeria...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by 9japarrot: 7:47pm On Sep 10, 2018
Host tournament abi which one be that?

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by lordjosh(m): 7:47pm On Sep 10, 2018
THIS IS NIGERIA!
Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by Saturdency(m): 7:47pm On Sep 10, 2018
mmmmm
Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by CodeTemplar: 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2018
Good move.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by Maket: 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2018
They should take good care of them before they will ended up in somebody's stomach.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by BininKingdom: 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2018
HMM

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by Sharpshooota: 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2018
Buhari induced hunger resetting brains since 1983

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by Cleeve: 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2018
If it were in some 'civilised' places in Nigeria they would have slaughtered them long time. Everything na food for dem.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by odunayo16(f): 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2018
such can only happen in the north. to chop meat no too day hungry them unto say e day there cheap and plenty. over here in the south west, if 'church rat' stray lasaaan na auto skin and chop

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by TheMan3: 7:51pm On Sep 10, 2018
If only you guys knew those tusks are worth 500k USD..

JUST KIDDING I DONT SUPPORT POCHING
Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:51pm On Sep 10, 2018
Good on them
We have no border tho
Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by Guyman02: 7:51pm On Sep 10, 2018
Fake picture of the elephants posted here by the OP
Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by GoodFaith: 7:51pm On Sep 10, 2018
kennosklint:
See meat oh

see theft

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by Legolast: 7:52pm On Sep 10, 2018
Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by Gagare1(m): 7:52pm On Sep 10, 2018
Now that is what it truly means to be humans. We were meant to take care of the earth and its inhabitants.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by Oyerinde16(m): 7:52pm On Sep 10, 2018
How can u host an animal talk of stray once, return them to where they came from or post LOST BUT FOUND
Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by delerx(m): 7:53pm On Sep 10, 2018
SEE YOU LIFE HEAR YOU ENGLISH. O MA SE OOOO
Maket:
They should take good care of them before they will ended up in somebody's stomach.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by drololaaof: 7:54pm On Sep 10, 2018
The conservative and other relevant authorities ought to have taken proactive measure by now and take the animals to zoological garden

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by gaby(m): 7:55pm On Sep 10, 2018
Wonderful and laudable conservative efforts.

I actually thought they were hosted to dinner by the state governor...

Enjoy my siggy
Re: Kebbi Hosts Three Stray Elephants by tech18: 7:56pm On Sep 10, 2018
@ManirBk, thanks for sharing this.Amma ai wannan tsohon labari ne

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Officer Gifts Students New Pair Of Socks In Lagos (Video, Photos) / Poverty Mentality Of Nigerians And The Ripple Effect / Who Is Sholaye Jeremi? | Biography| Profile|history Of Linda Ikeji's Baby Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.