Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? (9508 Views)

Watch Nigeria CHANNELS TV Online Live 24/7 / Watch Nigerian Movies Online For Free / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 02, 2010
BEEN SEARCHING FOR AGES,THE FEW ONES THAT WERE AVAILABLE DISAPPEARED
WE ARE THE GIANTS OF AFRICA grin AND WE CANT EVEN STREAM OUR LOCAL CHANNELS ONLINE?
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by eloii: 12:04pm On Jul 15, 2010
milehigh06:

BEEN SEARCHING FOR AGES,THE FEW ONES THAT WERE AVAILABLE DISAPPEARED
WE ARE THE GIANTS OF AFRICA grin AND WE CANT EVEN STREAM OUR LOCAL CHANNELS ONLINE?

Go and tell ur president that one, (tell him that u r also the Giant of Africa) so all that money that he has been spending and waisting, he will try to stop a little bit and use it to connect TV online for u.
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by MrAnus: 1:19pm On Jul 15, 2010
in which planet??
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by snowdrops(m): 1:38pm On Jul 15, 2010
surely this thread can do better
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by candylips(m): 1:41pm On Jul 15, 2010
Mr Anus:

in which planet??

probably mars
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2010
we do not need the govt to make it posible to stream Nigerian tv online,its something i can do very well,will start streaming Nigerian movies and musicals as soon as i get enuff videos(will be streaming via TVU) but regarding lie stations ala ait,stv and co,i will need someone in Nigeria who will be dedicated to it but alas,everyone wants a way of milking me when i briong this idea tothem.seems no one believes we can do anything for us for free
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 15, 2010
@ oloi
thats is basically why this nation of ours will forvere remain a backward nation
people ask questions and dumb people like you come and put sarcasm in it.if u hav nothing constructive to say
GET THE Bleep OFF MY THREAD
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by oluagness(m): 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2010
Yes! very possible; tie a rope to your computer and tie the other end of the rope to your neck. Trust me, no break in transmission grin grin grin
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by Rastamann: 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2010
NTA and AIT used to be online but they've stopped.
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by snowdrops(m): 2:52pm On Jul 15, 2010
there was a time when BEN TV was online as well.

Is they cant stream their programmes live surely they should show clips now and again.

The best way however to to watch uploaded clips on youtube.
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by cold(m): 3:10pm On Jul 15, 2010
NTA and AIT channels were not being streamed by the broadcasting houses themselves but by a third party.They stopped streaming due to circumstances beyond their control (at least that's their story)but they do have another sattelite channel steamin presently.You can read the rest of the story here:

http://www.watchait.com/
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by mikkyrazzy: 4:16pm On Jul 15, 2010
Profit making is the watchword for Nigerian owned stations - that explains it.
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by praisoo(m): 5:19pm On Jul 15, 2010
milehigh06:

we do not need the govt to make it posible to stream Nigerian tv online,its something i can do very well,will start streaming Nigerian movies and musicals as soon as i get enuff videos(will be streaming via TVU) but regarding lie stations ala ait,stv and co,i will need someone in Nigeria who will be dedicated to it but alas,everyone wants a way of milking me when i briong this idea tothem.seems no one believes we can do anything for us for free
]pls do not respond 2 every posts, definately u dont xpect all 2 respond well 2 your posts. Then in what area(s) do u need help aside from finance? am sayin ds 2 know if i can be of help in any area, cos I cant afford money no matter d cost but I can see where else 2 be of help. this is cos I like 2 b part of d development of ds country of ours irrespective of what u tink or say. God help u as u tink positive for ds country and bless u 2.
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by johndavid1(m): 5:21pm On Jul 15, 2010
praisoo:

pls do not respond 2 every posts, definately u dont xpect all 2 respond well 2 your posts. Then in what area(s) do u need help aside from finance? am sayin ds 2 know if i can be of help in any area, cos I cant afford money no matter d cost but I can see where else 2 be of help. this is cos I like 2 b part of d development of ds country of ours irrespective of what u tink or say. God help u as u tink positive for ds country and bless u 2.
undecided undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by cystein(m): 6:16pm On Jul 15, 2010
Hi guys,

I will be launching TV for PC users via a parallel Lan and Wifi over Wimax in Nigeria once Abuja grants me a Work permit. Its happening in Kenya now streaming live to you away from the internet at 10MBPS and no halts and scratches in between.
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by lekside44(m): 9:36pm On Jul 15, 2010
yes. i have a software by a nigerian which package all nigerian station on the internet in one package. if you need a copy, you can contact me.
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by beespak7(m): 11:53pm On Jul 15, 2010
U.S.A has 145[b] free [/b] online tv channels
England has 75 free online tv channels
holland has 43 free online tv channels
Germany has 86 free online tv channels
cotounou has 4[b] free [/b] online tv channels
NIGERIA HAS NO FREE ONLINE TV CHANNEL, and we claim to be gaint of africa!! infact nigeria is still in the 18th century when it comes to tv brodcast.
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by elderly: 1:20am On Jul 16, 2010
I 've watched AIT and NTA online via www.watchnta.com and www.watchait.com. but they are no more. a couple of pple tried it and are no more. it is more than what pple anticipated. You got to have good infrastruture and technical expertise. Revenue generation should not be overlooked you want to remain online.

Some of these online stations refered to, have staffs who experts i.e those in charge of adverts, traffic, web developers, server administrators, and others. some even have accountants.

Who in nigeria is ready for internet streaming?
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by cold(m): 1:22am On Jul 16, 2010
You can watch this online

http://www.ooduatv.com/
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by Nobody: 2:53am On Jul 16, 2010
@ elderly
let me explain to you what you need
1. you need a good internet connction
2. you need a p2p software(plenty online but to broadcast you use sopcast or tvu)
3. you need VGA to S-Video,HDMI and HDTV adapter(depends on your tv)
you connect the vga adapter to to your computer/laptop and your tv,
register with tvu or sopcast,
fllow the prompt on broadcasting and yopu are set
whats all these talk abot infrastructure.
get on tvu and i broadcast FOX SOCCER CHANNEL O on there
it only cost you about $100 and you are set
technology does not have to be big before it superb
do you knw how much money Nigrian local cannels will make having their programs here cateering to Nigerians?
have it on comcast even if you do not want to stream
I might just wait till when i come to naija and set it uup myself and have someone look over it
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by Omowanijoo: 3:48am On Jul 16, 2010
Yes its very possible to watch NTA online , i actually do right now using this site http://www.suncastv.com/
You have to pay i think $60 for the year and also pay $10 for a player of some sort but it works, I am not sure if there are any free ones out there but this was the amount i paid a couple of months ago , it may have changed now though .

With suncastv its a package so there is NTA and a naija movie channel , they add and remove channels from time to time but NTA is constant , i hope this helps
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 16, 2010
is it possible to watch Aso Rock online? undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 16, 2010
watch Nigerian TV online with which bandwidth? dat means they will use all their profit in paying for bandwidth.

Try downloading a video from utube with ur MTN N500 daily plan and see how many minutes it will last.

Yeeeye country!
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by lekside44(m): 9:17am On Jul 16, 2010
beespak7:

U.S.A has 145[b] free [/b] online tv channels
England has 75 free online tv channels
holland has 43 free online tv channels
Germany has 86 free online tv channels
cotounou has 4[b] free [/b] online tv channels
NIGERIA HAS NO FREE ONLINE TV CHANNEL, and we claim to be gaint of africa!! infact nigeria is still in the 18th century when it comes to tv brodcast.
the numbers goes beyond these. i have more even on my system
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by elderly: 9:50am On Jul 16, 2010
milehigh06:

@ elderly
let me explain to you what you need
1. you need a good internet connction
2. you need a p2p software(plenty online but to broadcast you use sopcast or tvu)
3. you need VGA to S-Video,HDMI and HDTV adapter(depends on your tv)
you connect the vga adapter to to your computer/laptop and your tv,
register with tvu or sopcast,
fllow the prompt on broadcasting and yopu are set
whats all these talk abot infrastructure.
get on tvu and i broadcast FOX SOCCER CHANNEL O on there
it only cost you about $100 and you are set
technology does not have to be big before it superb
do you knw how much money Nigrian local cannels will make having their programs here cateering to Nigerians?
have it on comcast even if you do not want to stream
I might just wait till when i come to naija and set it uup myself and have someone look over it

You aready have someone who provided you with all you needed. You dont have to worry about any thing. In nigeria the internet connnection is pretty slow. you need good upload speed isn't that supposed to be part of infrastructure that word is a "tech" term. Your kind of streaming is "home based " you dont worry about any thing.

That is why most pple started and they are out after some few years cos it is more that just hooking up vga and internet together especially when you want to make money from it.
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by beespak7(m): 10:36am On Jul 16, 2010
According to president jonathan in canada last month  i quote: There  are 10million nigerians in the diaspora. I think these  10million so nigerians all over the world deserve to view at least their national tv station online[b] free [/b] . Just 4 the records nigerians in diaspora send more than $12BILLION US DOLLARS back home to nigeria every year.
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 16, 2010
I agree with you elderly totally
i forgot about the slow connection speed in naija
used to work at a cafe at abule-oja back in the day and wow! make i no yan those stories
now the comfort of being able to upload at close to 304m/s on ordinary issues is getting me all confused
bottom line,we ned to revamp the broadband system in naija coupled with power sector,egunje sector and "dem no wan make u progress sector"
i see how hard it is to try and do it but I believe that if these naija stationsare lookingfor money,thy shoul get togeter and put themselves in a bouque and speak to comcast or whichever applis in diff countries,with about 5mil naija in us(maybe)thats a hugggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeee market to corner and lets notforget ghanaians and other english speaking africans
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 16, 2010
what ur email lekside
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by maxtop(m): 3:31pm On Jul 16, 2010
milehigh06:

@ oloi
thats is basically why this nation of ours will forvere remain a backward nation
people ask questions and dumb people like you come and put sarcasm in it.if u hav nothing constructive to say
GET THE bleep OFF MY THREAD

The guy don "timaya", grin grin grin
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by lekside44(m): 8:02pm On Jul 17, 2010
milehigh06:

what your email lekside

lekside44@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? by SSaemoenl(m): 8:04pm On Jul 17, 2010
Never worry, You will watch it in heaven. cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? / New Comedy Series By 3 Nairalanders / The Movie "300"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.