Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) (59349 Views)

Bad Roads In Lagos: Residents, Motorists Groan / Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by proxillin(m): 8:27am On Sep 12, 2018
Yes Ghettos are everywhere even in New York. That place is under developed. Ambode is not helpin matter
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Minjim: 8:28am On Sep 12, 2018
QuickStandard:
Its even worse when you are going to Alaba international. In fact from okoko to alakija is a no go area.

People are really suffering.

I remember a guy who posted sometimes back that that road will take you 8hrs just to get to mile 2.

Though it might not be up to that but he's not far from the truth.
Haba! 8 hours ke?

From Mowo to mile 2 currently on that road is like 2 hours. Normally it should be under 1 hour
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 12, 2018
ibroauthen:
Some people will just come online and be typing poo.
The road that's under construction?
Àbí no be Badagry express be this again?
Where are the construction workers and equipments?
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by InTime(m): 8:29am On Sep 12, 2018
U Dey Enjoy Na
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by israelmao(m): 8:30am On Sep 12, 2018
This is to make people look away from the good works of Ambode.Tinubu's agents are everywhere.

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by fabienjoe: 8:30am On Sep 12, 2018
yourstruly123:
Op lagos is overhyped. After all this afonjaic bastard will be making mouth with their dirty lagos.

Can't people just comment without insulting other ethnic groups? What's the meaning of this rubbish? Comments like this one put me off some topics on this forum. If you insult an entire race because of the perceived infrastructural deficits of Lagos, have you ever tried accessing villages in Enugu state? Most of you here would praise Ugwuanyi to high heavens but my first visit to some Enugu villages felt like a Time Warp..Practically back to the stone age..'Remote' is a mild word in this case...muddy and slippery roads, wooden, creaking bridges across rivers, bikes transporting 4 full grown adults (including women), no electricity etc..I know real Igbos are better than the peurille and illiterate comments I come across here but they paint a negative picture of an ordinarily enterprising and intelligent race.

4 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by ehissi(m): 8:31am On Sep 12, 2018
QuickStandard:

Your brain should have told you, that's auto correction of Alaba market.

Too bad, even before this your post, I already saw it and corrected it.

I hear!! grin

Because your brain should not have told you, to read comments twice before you post........ undecided

Na person like you, na E dey do this road so, dey reason at the same time say our brain suppose know wetin dey go on..... grin
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Mizwisdom(f): 8:33am On Sep 12, 2018
Customer80:
that is not the issue, that road gets flooded when it rains, na where I dey live, no be visit o, fashola constructed the road, ambode hasn't done anything in ojo

That road is very good and the ambience is beautiful. I don't care who built it though, it's a solid road. The Federal road is a big contrast in that axis
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by joyfullyjoyous(f): 8:33am On Sep 12, 2018
The roads are not car worthy yet we are forced to pay 5k for road worthiness. Too bad.

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by ehissi(m): 8:33am On Sep 12, 2018
fabienjoe:

Can't people just comment without insulting other ethnic groups? What's the meaning of this rubbish? Comments like this one put me off some topics on this forum. If you insult an entire race because of the perceived infrastructural deficits of Lagos, have you ever tried accessing villages in Enugu state? Most of you here would praise Ugwuanyi to high heavens but my first visit to some Enugu villages felt like a Time Warp..Practically back to the stone age..'Remote' is a mild word in this case...muddy and slippery roads, wooden, creaking bridges across rivers, bikes transporting 4 full grown adults (including women), no electricity etc..I know real Igbos are better than the peurille and illiterate comments I come across here but they paint a negative picture of an ordinarily enterprising and intelligent race.

See talk!! For all you know, the guy could even be hausa oooh or fulani sef... cheesy
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by baxton25(m): 8:36am On Sep 12, 2018
Ehiscotch:
Have you ever asked any lagosian plying that route and they attested to all being well?

You all would just come with you generalization, whether because of hate or jealousy I really do not understand.

Not everywhere is developed in any state in any country.
oga shaaa appreciate, have you ever been through the lagos badagry express in your life? You're living in Maryland and typing rubish, I literally spent my whole day yesterday on that useless road, Going from volks to osapa london and back, left my house in the morning about 11am, I got to osapa london by 6 pm because I was driving it was on lock down. .... coming back I got to my house by 12 am....... lagos is the economic hub of nigeria, and generates money that the whole ghana can't generate if you don't know, but look at the road leading out of the giant of Africa. ...and you're spitting venom from your mouth...if na me be togolese wae won enter nigeria I'd definitely turn back.

2 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by baxton25(m): 8:37am On Sep 12, 2018
ehissi:

See talk!! For all you know, the guy could even be hausa oooh or fulani sef... cheesy

Hahahahahah you no dae see name, but I wasn't saying he's afonja shaaa, but guy see watin this guy dae yarn commot for mouth, I bet you if you enter that road you no go ever near ordinary festac not to talk of trade fair and beyond.

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by NoToPile: 8:39am On Sep 12, 2018
I intend going towards oshodi tomorrow and I have been thinking since Monday how I will go about it.

Last thursday my eyes saw wheeen, I jejely shunted while coming back via ikotun, no be me them go give HBP

The last time we had it so bad on lagos badagry express was pre-2002.

People are already saying they shouldn't have even tried to expand the road at all.

Those chinko people scattered all the lanes and stopped work, at least they should have tried to make it motorable. I am even beginning to think they are not the ones that constructed orile to mile 2.

Volks is a problem
Barracks too problem
Tradefair is the king of problems

All caused because of the construction angry and the rainy season also added to it, don't they know all those half dug holes will become issues when rain starts?

I pity those who pass there everyday. Get home 12am leave 4am is that a life.

They should pay those contractors and let them finish abeg.

5 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 12, 2018
If a godfather and his godson are quarrelling you will start seeing things they were hiding when the going was good.When ex gov fashola and tinubu had issues of not paying godfather fee,we started seeing and hearing the true face of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Majorcoda: 8:43am On Sep 12, 2018
farano:
Chai, below are pictures of what we Lagosians face every morning when going to work and evening when coming back from work.. We really need a savior in Lagos state cry

IYANOBA/BADAGRY EXPRESS ROAD
Even at this, na...na... na dem dey rush us!���
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by fabienjoe: 8:43am On Sep 12, 2018
ehissi:

Let me oblige you a reply. I'm sorry to disappoint you. I AM PROUDLY IGBO. Precisely from Anambra state..
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by NoToPile: 8:43am On Sep 12, 2018
Mizwisdom:

The road and aesthetics leading to the Local government through Lasu road, is very good with a beautiful ambience, the areas where vegetables are planted. I was surprised cause the federal road is opposite.

You are talking about iyanaiba to isheri road leading to egbeda, also called Lasu road sha.

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by baxton25(m): 8:44am On Sep 12, 2018
fabienjoe:

My friend in those villages you'll get mansion, and it's a big lie the roads are not what you're saying......or look nearby they'd be a city around. .....but before you open your mouth and talk jagons come to imude, etegbin, shibiri, muwo, etc and know if weather you will not see worse case than the enugu example you've just used, funny enough they are inside the great lagos....you all are forgetting that lagos was ones the capital city of nigeria..... yet the infrastructure...... infact in lagos there should be light and good road everywhere but... ambode keep stealing as commanded by his godfather Tinubu.... I spent 3hrs yesterday from the great lagos island to osapa london....

3 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by ehissi(m): 8:48am On Sep 12, 2018
Customer80:
I will know if ambode, tinubu will come and campaign in ojo in spite of zero road infrastructure .

Imagine paying okada #1000 to and fro from mile 2 to iyana iba daily

On top Okada whey dem ban for express.... grin

Chai!! These lagos people, sense wee nor kill them ni.....grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by prince4u81: 8:48am On Sep 12, 2018
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/lagos-badagry-expressway-lagos-abandons-alternative-route-after-spending-n1-2bn/amp/

Tedi -Muwo - Abule-oshun route that would have served as an alternative route to Lagos / Badagry expressway abandoned after spending 1.2 billion naira.
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Mizwisdom(f): 8:50am On Sep 12, 2018
NoToPile:

You are talking about iyanaiba to isheri road leading to egbeda, also called Lasu road sha.

Yes. I was surprised cause I was expecting it to be worse than the federal road but once you leave the chaos of the main busstop through Lasu Road, everything changes, quiet & cool. Don't know if politics is the real reason behind the abandoned federal road cause many state roads are better.
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by okerekeikpo: 8:52am On Sep 12, 2018
Yoruba amaka

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 12, 2018
I can’t just LIVE in LAGOS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Sleekfingers: 8:55am On Sep 12, 2018
farano:
Chai, below are pictures of what we Lagosians face every morning when going to work and evening when coming back from work.. We really need a savior in Lagos state cry

It is iyana IBA ...and construction is on going there. But they are really working on a slow pace.
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Emyjeze(m): 8:57am On Sep 12, 2018
most pictures displayed here are taking at iyana iba area. that places is just something else. same with barracks and under bridge.

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by poseidon12: 8:58am On Sep 12, 2018
Lagos is not fit for human habitation. It is the real definition of shithole.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by chloride6: 8:59am On Sep 12, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

How many of them are trooping to Ibadan.

Lagos is no man's land. Ambode is from Ondo, Faleke, Ikeja House of Rep member is from Kogi. Igbos have 3 members representing Lagos, a LGA deputy Chairman.

A Benin prince is the Oba of Lagos.

Stop deceiving yourself. Tell us another story please.

How many of them are trooping to Ibadan.

A lot bruv,

A lot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by poseidon12: 8:59am On Sep 12, 2018
Arda1000:
must u tell the op to shut up even when u know she is telling the truth?

Don't mind the fool in denial.

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Ttipsy(f): 9:02am On Sep 12, 2018
lol.. This a classical fundamental problem facing all Nigerian cities. it's not only similar to Lagos..

Our govt and leaders, citizens are the problem of this
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by morenikeji634: 9:02am On Sep 12, 2018
Who knows maybe this may just be the turning point that the road
desire...authorities may see this an act.

Weldone Op.
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by chloride6: 9:08am On Sep 12, 2018
reminds me of when i used to go shibiri mehn those areas na die grin grin

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by babajero(m): 9:14am On Sep 12, 2018
farano:

and which of your saviours do you have that have worked more than ambode in lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic / Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) / New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.