Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel (13679 Views)

Please Nigerians Travel Out If You Have The Opportunity / Flights To Be Disrupted As Harmattan Sets In – Nimet / The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by Revolva(m): 9:50pm On Sep 11, 2018
A smartphone is now an integral part of our lives. They've literally become ubiquitous, replacing quite a few of our day-to-day objects and bringing a whole new meaning to the term multitasking. The travel industry is not immune from this smartphone phone disruption. How has smartphone changed the way people travel? i highlight some of the interesting ways.

Planning a trip

With the aid of messaging apps like WhatsApp and Facebook, you can easily gather your friends to plan a getaway to any local or international destination. You simply need to create a group and share information about the getaway with friends.

Find your way around

Finding your way around a particular spot is no longer difficult, thanks to Google map. With Google map, you do not only find your way around the town or city, you can also find banks, ATM spots, taxi parks, shopping malls and other places of interest.

Travel photos

The days of the camera are numbered. This is because, with a good smartphone camera, you can take quality travel pictures and share them on social media. You do not need to employ the services of a photographer.

Booking flight & accommodation

The arrival of the smartphone has been particularly pertinent in how you book hotel accommodation. The adoption of smartphones has made travellers more spontaneous and last minute. A substantial number of bookings are now done via a mobile device. This is because it is seamless to use a smartphone.

Places to check out

To decide on a destination to visit, many travellers use their smartphone to get information about the place. There are tons of information about the destination that can help your decision making. However, ensure that you are getting the information from a trustworthy website.

Ordering room service

Most hotels still take room service orders the old-fashioned way: You thumb through the in-room menu, compile your order and place a call to the correct extension. But for some hotels, you can order room service through their app, which would ideally make the process more efficient and easier.

http://demgohearword.com/how-smartphones-have-disrupted-the-way-nigerians-travel/

1 Like

Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by Bheewhy(m): 12:15pm On Sep 12, 2018
K
Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by enitey(f): 12:15pm On Sep 12, 2018
It has made these things easy. It's a good one though
Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by Yambee: 12:15pm On Sep 12, 2018
Smartphones have caused more harm than good.

Immediately husband and wife finish making love,they turn to the side and start browsing. No time for bonding.

Family no longer talk to themselves face to face,even if they live in the same house. They have a family chat group now.

People no longer concentrate at the work now,and spend all their time on gossip websites.

As I type this, there is a girl somewhere with her legs raised up,getting pumped and looking at the ceiling so she can buy a smartphone.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by tayo4ng(m): 12:15pm On Sep 12, 2018
Hmmmmm,phone as done us more good than bad
Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 12, 2018
k
Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by Aregs(m): 12:15pm On Sep 12, 2018
Is ok
Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by futurekin(m): 12:16pm On Sep 12, 2018
Space for sale
Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by maxiuc(m): 12:16pm On Sep 12, 2018
cheesy
Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 12:16pm On Sep 12, 2018
Disrupted... Disrupted?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by chukslawrence(m): 12:16pm On Sep 12, 2018
ok
Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by faruz: 12:17pm On Sep 12, 2018
Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by tgmservice: 12:17pm On Sep 12, 2018
Praise be to Jesus
A miracle just happen

Today is the first time am seeing a movie Regina Daniels is in
Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by BruncleZuma: 12:18pm On Sep 12, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Lying about travelling nkor...#InstagramLocation

2 Likes

Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 12, 2018
angry...... Waiting this one dey talk

1 Like

Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by tunjijones(m): 12:18pm On Sep 12, 2018
Wonder what technology wld be like in 2050. I remember those days wen they say you wld be calling someone and seeing person. I was part of the people that wondered how that cld happen. It's happening now. We have video calls now.

2 Likes

Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by Opinionated: 12:20pm On Sep 12, 2018
Nigerians and smartphones i just discovered why most manufacturers prefer launching their products here

Smartphone Debuts with World’s Largest Battery this heads to 1week to a months

oya

Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by Elxandre(m): 12:25pm On Sep 12, 2018
I am addicted to Google maps when I get to a new place.

It failed me terribly once though.
I tried to locate a restaurant. I trekked and trekked round the tagged spot but never saw it. grin

Not to forget too that those in long distance relationships now cheat with impunity. For sure, your partner isn't travelling from several states away to visit without informing you beforehand . cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by izzy4shizzy(m): 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2018
Fgh
Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by dangoteinlaw: 12:59pm On Sep 12, 2018
So u prefer to travel long distances every now and then with the risk of accident? Not to mention u have to be at work and get more done with more information sent Oga remove that word "disrupt"

1 Like

Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by oluwaharie(m): 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2018
I am not understanding
Disrupt ke shocked
Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by Developrog(m): 1:38pm On Sep 12, 2018
Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by dola2030203020: 2:01pm On Sep 12, 2018
LEARN TO CREATE BADDASS DESIGNS - START YOUR GRAPHICS DESIGN TRAINING NOW – IKEJA & IKOYI CENTERS

What You Get!

- Award of CERTIFICATION after completion of course
- Unlimited Internet Wi-Fi
- 100% Practical Training from MULTIMEDIA Experts
¬- Learn how to Create LOGOS, FLYERS, BANNERS and Designs of ANY TYPE
- Weekdays and Weekends Trainings

PLUS MORE!

NOTE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (THEY USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER GRADUATION - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE

1 Like

Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by qanda: 2:29pm On Sep 12, 2018
Interesting. Thats the beauty of Technology. Same way Q and A App now makes it easy for learners to source study materials (Job Test, Scholarships, Professional exams, Career and Personal Development resources). Download Q and A App from Google Playstore.
Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by Viccur(m): 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2018
Using style to advertise Gionee abi. continue oo
Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 12, 2018
Yambee:
Smartphones have caused more harm than good.

Immediately husband and wife finish making love,they turn to the side and start browsing. No time for bonding.

Family no longer talk to themselves face to face,even if they live in the same house. They have a family chat group now.

People no longer concentrate at the work now,and spend all their time on gossip websites.

As I type this, there is a girl somewhere with her legs raised up,getting pumped and looking at the ceiling so she can buy a smartphone.

Your girl abi?

Re: How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel by konfused: 3:36pm On Sep 12, 2018
I wonder how all the things listed by the OP is being disruptive to the way we travel

Ike gwuru

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights / Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group / Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.