Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,832 members, 7,831,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat (49491 Views)

Nigerian Man Does Naming Ceremony For His Dog (Photo, Video) / Nigerian Man Throws Birthday Party For Pet Dog (video) / Meet The Kano-based Nigerian Man Who Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by jennifermahan(f): 9:51pm On Sep 11, 2018
A Kano-based man has willed 20% of his wealth to his beloved cat whom he calls Sweety d cat.

In an interview with BBC, Habibu Muazu Yahaya, says he has willed 20% of his wealth to his beloved cat and wishes that his family follows his instruction when he dies.

source :

https://www.made4naija.com/2018/09/meet-the-kano-based-nigerian-man-who-has-willed-20-of-his-wealth-to-his-cat/

"Di reason why I wan give my money to my cat 'Sweety' afta I die"

For Europe, America, Asia and oda obodo Oyibo places, to see how pipo and animals dey live wit pets no be new tin.

For Africa, pipo get pets too - dogs, cats, goats, chicken, Peacock. Wetin dey different between most areas for Africa and oda areas for di world be say, pipo here no too dey reason animal welfare as dem dey do for obodo oyibo .

Animals wey dia hustle dey make money pass you
How pickin cry dey affect mama
So e fit surprise pipo wen dem meet sombodi like Habibu Muazu Yahaya.

Mr Yahaya na poultry farmer wey dey live for Kano, northern Nigeria and like most Kano pipo, e get farm wey e plant maize and rice.

E get cat wey im name na Sweety and oga Yahaya tok say e don write Will wey go make sure say di cat no suffer if anytin happun to am.

As di tori dey spread about wetin Mr Yahaya do so, BBC Pidgin tori pesin, Mansur Abubakar, go meet am to know why e do dis kain tin wey pipo for dis area no dey do and e possible say dem no go understand.

"Di reason why I write dis WILL be say I know say as Muslims, we believe say death fit come anytime and I no wan make Sweety suffer at all," na so e tok.

Image caption Mr Yahaya say im main concern be say pipo fit no do di Will as e want am
For Africa, dis kain love between man and animal no common at all.

E true say Nigerians and Africans dey like dia animals - weda pets or to breed - but to say pesin do Will like say na relative don enta anoda level of love.

Mr Yahaya tok say "Since I dey small, I dey always get pet but no one enter my heart like dis and sometimes I go just sit down dey tink what if death snatch me now, who fit take care of Sweety like dis."

E say e dey spend over N1,000 evri day to buy milk and fish for di cat. E tok say na im parlour dem dey always stay together, sleep for di same room wit her two young kittens wey she just born.

Mr Yahaya yan say im family know how much e like Sweety and dem no think say to write Will for di Cat na bad tin.

E say im main concern na weda dem go do di Will as e want am.

"Because I know say for Nigeria we no still dey see animals as anytin, I just want make dem dey use di 20% feed her, take care of her and her pikin."

Ghana boy who dey imitate sound of over 50 animals want enter Guinness Book of Records
Image caption Ghana boy who dey imitate sound of over 50 animals want enter Guinness Book of Records
On to di concern wey Mr Yahaya tok, BBC Pidgin raise di mata wit two lawyers weda di Will go happun.

Barrister Abel Ozioko say animal no get right of inheritance for Nigeria law so Mr Yahaya Will no go work.

"Assuming say na UK or US, dia dem get dat one but here na only humans dey inherit."

But Barrister Musa Salihu no follow gree wit im fellow lawyer.

E say e dey possible because na WILL Mr Yahaya write and Nigerian laws dey allow traditional arrangement.

"Evri pesin get right to write im Will and for Nigerian law, even though e no dey spelt out but space dey always dey for tins like dis, so e dey possible."

For now Yahaya and Sweety dey continue to live and jolli togeda but as dem dey talk am, nobodi know tomorrow.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.bbc.com/pidgin/amp/tori-45468999

Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by SarcasticGenius(m): 9:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
grin grin

Village people don use im brain play tente. Meanwhile the cat go don already begin baff up. Dis kind swag no be here. Come see as Oloshos go begin rush am cool

[img]https://i./3Nnf8.gif[/img]

207 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by Ehiscotch(m): 10:08pm On Sep 11, 2018
First thing, how much 'wealth' are we talking about because I was expecting to see an otedola Dangote kinda somebody

Second, is he suffering from a life threatening disease or is he planning to die before his cat ni?

206 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 11, 2018
Which wealth?

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by oshe11: 10:38pm On Sep 11, 2018
Foolishness is all I see

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by addikt(m): 10:38pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hahahaha, oooor...what does this one have grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by sirjustice1575(m): 10:38pm On Sep 11, 2018
Is this not Madness..

1 Like

Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by Nbote(m): 10:39pm On Sep 11, 2018
Is dat shack d wealth he's leaving d cat?

19 Likes

Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by Olalan(m): 10:39pm On Sep 11, 2018
The question to ask is what's his net worth

15 Likes

Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by fascowilly(m): 10:39pm On Sep 11, 2018
Expecting to see estate or mansion in d background, grin I reserve my comment

18 Likes

Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by moscobabs(m): 10:39pm On Sep 11, 2018
This one life is in custody of Benin people o

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by YorubaAssasin: 10:39pm On Sep 11, 2018
Really? What...Which wealth, abeg? angry

Show me the wealth na (In Lasisi Elenu's rant demeanor grin)... Foolish bloggers oshi angry angry

11 Likes

Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by ajizz2020(m): 10:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
he, AKALA WEED FOR MUSHIN
Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by seunmohmoh(f): 10:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
It is finished
Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by Laple0541(m): 10:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by oshe11: 10:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
100% of his Will can't even feed the Cat for a month

MorMor

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by Hotfreeze: 10:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
Igbo girls be like "Alhaji, my name is Ginika Mercy Isiazu but you can call me sweety the cat."

Call me" sweety the cat and I'll answer you meow"

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:41pm On Sep 11, 2018
Cat that will die before he dies? Lmao.

3 Likes

Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by homopoliticus: 10:41pm On Sep 11, 2018
Issorai
Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by smartblu(m): 10:41pm On Sep 11, 2018

1 Like

Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by prosper21(m): 10:41pm On Sep 11, 2018
Effect of hard drugs.. u Neva chop belle full, u com go buy cat..??

3 Likes

Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by LadiesGist(f): 10:41pm On Sep 11, 2018
shocked shocked
Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by allanphash7(m): 10:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
Nice one

I love cats

But i can't just do what he did
Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by Waffarianman(m): 10:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
Local Cat + Local Aboki. Lol

4 Likes

Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by Hidentity(m): 10:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
His family won't. A cat is not a natural or juristic person in law. Properties can only be willed in favour of a natural person (humans) or juristic person (companies, entities, association, etc).
Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by Yewandequeen(f): 10:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
grin

The only thing I want to know is his net worth.
Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by oloriLFC(f): 10:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
Here in Nigeria? I'll pass! Dem go spend the money come chop the cat join.

9 Likes

Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by CableWire: 10:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
Eksssss.... Who de talk? I bi think say na Dangote uncle de yahn sef.
Wey d wealth from where eim go cut the 20pass give the pussu... This mallam needs brain reformat asap

1 Like

Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by collins88(m): 10:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
Village people has concluded their mission, no wonder

2 Likes

Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by Geoxplorer: 10:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
G
Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
Was expecting a rich man
Re: Habibu Muazu Yahaya: Nigerian Man Willed 20% Of His Wealth To His Cat by Bullhari007(m): 10:46pm On Sep 11, 2018
why do we have more stupid people in the north

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Mean Looking Muscular Dog (Photo) / Dapper Dog That Is Famous For His Impressive Floor-Length Beard (Pictures) / Help! My Dog Doesn't Know Where To Urinate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.