Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,038 members, 7,859,726 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:33 PM

Atheism And Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism And Religion (834 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism And Religion by ogoamaka99(m): 11:56pm On Jul 02, 2010
One of the great tragedy of religion section of nairaland forum is the way some spiritually ignorant and spiritually blinded folks are peddling lies and half baked biblical truth.Worse still is that some of them even profess to be atheist.But to me i refuse to accept that they are atheist but rather are religious ignoramous  who has lost their mind and so could not reason well again. I said this because if they are truly atheist ,then what on earth are they doing in religion section of this forum.?
  My dictionary defines atheist as one who denies the existence of GOD, and the Bible and the Koran are books of religion written about GOD or ALLAH. If actually they are atheist , [/color]how come they claim to have great insight in Biblical and religion topics being discussed in the forum?.[color=Black]A true atheist does not have any thing to do with religion yet these group are the greatest noise makers in this forum.They post religion articles and equally reply to religion posts. Have you seen why i keep saying that they are not atheists but group of religious ignoramus who has lost their mind and such cannot reason well. If they have not their mind , then common sense should have thought them that they should have nothing to do with religion since they profess to be atheists. " Is it not logically an irony for someone who claim that there is no deity or GOD and yet still claim and pose as having great insight and understanding of religious matters".
Re: Atheism And Religion by IDINRETE: 12:23am On Jul 03, 2010
wait make Mazaje,bawomolo, manmus Self-Service.wack, chrisbenogor catch you , you go hear wen,  grin grin grin grin grin grin

manmustwack abeg no ban me o
Re: Atheism And Religion by vescucci(m): 1:22am On Jul 03, 2010
Sadly atheists have the biggest egos man has ever encountered. There is nothing that motivates them other than the normal human desire to win other people to one's way of thinking and the haughty desire to look down their nose on other people. I think postings on forum games and celebrity etc are stupid but I don't go there to tell them so. That'd be more stupid. But not all of them are like this. Some rightfully think religion is a terrible thing and desire to wake people up from their delusions.
Re: Atheism And Religion by manmustwac(m): 1:31am On Jul 03, 2010
IDINRETE:

wait make Mazaje,bawomolo, manmus Self-Service.wack, chrisbenogor catch you , you go hear wen,  grin grin grin grin grin grin

manmustwack abeg no ban me o
You dey find my trouble and your begging me to forgive you at the same time. Take your time OH!  angry

@poster
Since according to you i'm spiritually ignorant and spiritually blinded peddling lies and half baked biblical truth. Please englighten me and explain

1) How Noah managed to get two spieces of every animal on the planet into his Ark, and tell me if there were any dinosaurs in the Ark?

2)How Jonah managed to survive inside a fish for three days?

3)How it was possible to build a Tower (of babel) that would reach Heaven?

Am waiting for you to answer my questions because when you do at least there will be one less religious ignoramous in the religious section smiley
Re: Atheism And Religion by vescucci(m): 2:01am On Jul 03, 2010
Manmustwack, you wan make the poor poster implode? Unwavering faith in indoctrination is like a time-bomb
Re: Atheism And Religion by Tudor6(f): 7:15am On Jul 03, 2010
vescucci:

Sadly atheists have the biggest egos man has ever encountered. There is nothing that motivates them other than the normal human desire to win other people to one's way of thinking and the haughty desire to look down their nose on other people. I think postings on forum games and celebrity etc are silly but I don't go there to tell them so. That'd be more silly. But not all of them are like this. Some rightfully think religion is a terrible thing and desire to wake people up from their delusions.
Really? You must have conducted a scientific study to show the biggest egos belong to atheists. . . . Give me links to your papers, Tell me more
Re: Atheism And Religion by ogoamaka99(m): 8:37am On Jul 03, 2010
manmustwac:

You dey find my trouble and your begging me to forgive you at the same time. Take your time OH!  angry

@poster
Since according to you i'm spiritually ignorant and spiritually blinded peddling lies and half baked biblical truth. Please englighten me and explain

1) How Noah managed to get two spieces of every animal on the planet into his Ark, and tell me if there were any dinosaurs in the Ark?

2)How Jonah managed to survive inside a fish for three days?

3)How it was possible to build a Tower (of babel) that would reach Heaven?

Am waiting for you to answer my questions because when you do at least there will be one less religious ignoramus in the religious section smiley

Manmustwac, are you one of them?.it seems there is hope, you are beginning to reason.The questions you asked me are very easy, i have my answers already but i will not answer you until you answer me the following questions.Your answing the questions will assure me that you are ready for my answer.
(1) How did you come to this world?.And where were you before you came to this world?.
(2) Do you have brain, liver .kidney. heart?.Who put them in your stomach and in your head?.
  I wait for your answers.
Re: Atheism And Religion by thehomer: 9:12am On Jul 03, 2010
ogoamaka99:

One of the great tragedy of religion section of nairaland forum is the way some spiritually ignorant and spiritually blinded folks are peddling lies and half baked biblical truth.Worse still is that some of them even profess to be atheist.But to me i refuse to accept that they are atheist but rather are religious ignoramous  who has lost their mind and so could not reason well again. I said this because if they are truly atheist ,then what on earth are they doing in religion section of this forum.?

What does it mean to be spiritually ignorant? Mind you some do not even believe in this spirit you're talkin about. You don't believe atheists because of the posting on this section? Maybe they post here to point out the problems with your belief.

ogoamaka99:

My dictionary defines atheist as one who denies the existence of GOD, and the Bible and the Koran are books of religion written about GOD or ALLAH. If actually they are atheist , [/color]how come they claim to have great insight in Biblical and religion topics being discussed in the forum?.[color=Black]

Denying the existence of God does not mean that there actually is one.
I hope you know that atheists can read too.

ogoamaka99:

A true atheist does not have any thing to do with religion yet these group are the greatest noise makers in this forum.They post religion articles and equally reply to religion posts. Have you seen why i keep saying that they are not atheists but group of religious ignoramus who has lost their mind and such cannot reason well. If they have not their mind , then common sense should have thought them that they should have nothing to do with religion since they profess to be atheists. " Is it not logically an irony for someone who claim that there is no deity or GOD and yet still claim and pose as having great insight and understanding of religious matters".

There you go with a "No True Scotsman fallacy". Besides atheists are concerned because of the effects the religious people have on secular society. They keep trying to make atheists support religious activity with their time and money. I think atheists have had enough and have decided to speak up and be heard.
Re: Atheism And Religion by thehomer: 9:39am On Jul 03, 2010
vescucci:

Sadly atheists have the biggest egos man has ever encountered.

Atheists have the biggest egos? I beg to differ.
How much bigger can a person's ego get than to think that the entire universe was made for them?
To put it in perspective, earth is simply the third planet orbiting an ordinary star at the edge of a galaxy 100,000 light years across containing a conservative estimate of 200 billion other stars. This galaxy is not the largest of galaxies, it is simply one of to give a conservative estimate of 80 billion other galaxies each with their own billions of stars, in a universe that extends about 78 billion light years across 4 dimensional space time as we currently understand it.
Now for one person or a group of humans to think that all this was made for him/them without something better to back up such an assumption, I wonder what one would call such an ego.

vescucci:

There is nothing that motivates them other than the normal human desire to win other people to one's way of thinking

Ok.

vescucci:

and the haughty desire to look down their nose on other people.

I wonder have you ever been approached and told that you'll be going to hell while the person making the statement will be going to heaven?

vescucci:

I think postings on forum games and celebrity etc are silly but I don't go there to tell them so. That'd be more silly. But not all of them are like this. Some rightfully think religion is a terrible thing and desire to wake people up from their delusions.

I think a major difference is the degree to which adherents of an opinion/faith influence public policy.
Re: Atheism And Religion by manmustwac(m): 11:16am On Jul 03, 2010
ogoamaka99:

Manmustwac, are you one of them?
Yep

ogoamaka99:

The questions you asked me are very easy, i have my answers already but i will not answer you until you answer me the following questions.Your answing the questions will assure me that you are ready for my answer.
ok

ogoamaka99:

(1) How did you come to this world?
Got here through my parents

ogoamaka99:

And where were you before you came to this world?
I was just a very lucky spermatozoa in my dads male organs and before that i was nothinig i didn't exist.

ogoamaka99:

(2) Do you have brain, liver .kidney. heart?.Who put them in your stomach and in your head?
I got them through my parents and they got theirs through their parents which keeps going back o our ancestors who were called Homo sapiens.
Re: Atheism And Religion by heryyy(m): 11:21am On Jul 03, 2010
manmustwac:

Yep
ok
Got here through my parents
I was just a very lucky spermatozoa in my dads male organs and before that i was nothinig i didn't exist.
I got them through my parents and they got theirs through their parents which keeps going back o our ancestors who were called Homo sapiens.

From Peckham Bus Station Take the Route Bus 136 from Stop: H towards Grove Park Station, Stop at Amersham Road Walk to New Cross (London) Walk to SE14 6QQ,  Are you Happy, Thanks to TFL.GOV.UK  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Atheism And Religion by vescucci(m): 2:33pm On Jul 03, 2010
Lol. Tudor. I apologise but that was just a hyperbole. Ya know, for effect? Almost everybody with an opinion is egotistic.

@Homer. First, when I used the term 'atheist', I meant atheists on nairaland and not atheists in general. I've only met like a half a dozen in real life and the common denominator with them is a good brain. Sorry. However among the ones on nairaland you're one of the other types who are truly concerned about the negative effects of religion. I've never seen you lose your cool or act condescendingly. Right now is an example. If it were someone else. . . . . .

Meanwhile religions don't really lay claim to be the object of most importance to the whole universe, merely the earth. Correct me if I'm wrong o
Re: Atheism And Religion by KAG: 2:36pm On Jul 03, 2010
ogoamaka99:

One of the great tragedy of religion section of nairaland forum is the way some spiritually ignorant and spiritually blinded folks are peddling lies and half baked biblical truth.Worse still is that some of them even profess to be atheist.

Define spiritually ignorant. Anyway, I have often found that atheists are generally more versed on the Bible than many Christians. Of course I'm speaking in generalities here, but the point stands.

But to me i refuse to accept that they are atheist but rather are religious ignoramous  who has lost their mind and so could not reason well again. I said this because if they are truly atheist ,then what on earth are they doing in religion section of this forum.?

What are atheists doing in a religious forum? Discussing, debating, learning and teaching. You don't need to be a theist to feel the urge to learn new things and correct mistakes made by some theists.

My dictionary defines atheist as one who denies the existence of GOD, and the Bible and the Koran are books of religion written about GOD or ALLAH. If actually they are atheist , [/color]how come they claim to have great insight in Biblical and religion topics being discussed in the forum?.[color=Black]

They have insights into those books because they are able read and understand said books. Realising that there are no gods does not mean that the books attributed to certain gods also go into non-existence. Don't mistake a book for the gods mentioned in the book.

A true atheist does not have any thing to do with religion yet these group are the greatest noise makers in this forum.They post religion articles and equally reply to religion posts.

Nonsense. Thanks for being the jerk who thinks he/she can define or describe what atheists are supposed to do and not do.

[snip] Is it not logically an irony for someone who claim that there is no deity or GOD and yet still claim and pose as having great insight and understanding of religious matters".

Alternatively, you may not know what logically means.
Re: Atheism And Religion by thehomer: 3:43pm On Jul 03, 2010
vescucci:

@Homer. First, when I used the term 'atheist', I meant atheists on nairaland and not atheists in general. I've only met like a half a dozen in real life and the common denominator with them is a good brain. Sorry. However among the ones on nairaland you're one of the other types who are truly concerned about the negative effects of religion. I've never seen you lose your cool or act condescendingly. Right now is an example. If it were someone else. . . . . .

Why thank you. cheesy

vescucci:

Meanwhile religions don't really lay claim to be the object of most importance to the whole universe, merely the earth. Correct me if I'm wrong o

All right I will try wink
I made that statement after hearing and reading repeatedly that the entire universe was designed to support life and with the understanding that humans are currently the only known organisms that can grasp the concept of a universe.
Re: Atheism And Religion by vescucci(m): 6:42pm On Jul 03, 2010
You're most welcome.

Religious people do many things that make no sense. Most religions are very old and worse, utterly detached from any form of science and I believe they only had a limited understanding of how infathombly big the universe is. They can not be entirely absolved of the folly in believing they're the be-all as far as the universe is concerned but I think their wrong is a little exaggerated for it's easier to believe there's life out there than to believe in God at all. Copernicus, himself a member of the Church, dared not put forth his discoveries of the simple fact that the earth revolved around the sun and people who simply believed him were subjected to endless scorn if they were not outright tortured or killed. So I see your point in saying there's a haughty way about religious people. But it is not really the fault of religion. It is the fault of people because they just have to dress up beliefs about infallibility of a book or books and insistence on a way of life that is clearly outdated and such. It is the human nature that's at fault here. Also I might rephrase your statement and say we believe we're the only creatures who has a concept of the universe because we haven't met any other similar creature. I don't believe in aliens. I concede they might exist but not that they'd come here and hence become aliens and I think their 'existence' was borne out of the desire for galaxial company. Even though there's 6billion of us, compared to just the milky way, we are lonely.
Re: Atheism And Religion by ogoamaka99(m): 4:09am On Jul 04, 2010
@manmustwack,
I have seen the answers you gave to my questions, now see my answers to your questions:
(1) How Noah managed to get two (2) species of animals into the ark was the same way Adam managed to conduct naming ceremonies for all the animals/birds/fishes etc on the planet earth.If it was easy for Adam to conduct naming alone then it must be much easier for eight people (Noah, his wife, the three sons of Noah and their wives ) to collect two species of animals into the ark.
As for whether dinosaurs was brought into the ark, you should take a trip and go and ask Noah or his family members.

(2) How Jonah managed to stay inside the fish for three days was the same way you managed to stay for nine(9) months inside your mothers womb.Jonah's own was only three days while your own was nine good solid months. Is it not so ?.

(3) THE TOWER OF BABEL:It was not possible for them to build a tower that reached heaven. However, where you got the story from did not say that they built the tower that reached heaven rather the place said that they had building the tower to reach heaven in their mind( imagination).That you have the imagination of flying to heaven to sack GOD from HIS
throne does not mean that you have done it.
Re: Atheism And Religion by mazaje(m): 9:51pm On Jul 04, 2010
ogoamaka99:

@manmustwack,
        I have seen the answers you gave to my questions, now see my answers to your questions:
   (1) How Noah managed to get two (2) species of animals into the ark was the same way[b] Adam managed to conduct naming ceremonies for all the animals/birds/fishes etc on the planet earth[/b].If it was easy for Adam to conduct naming alone then it must be much easier for eight people (Noah, his wife, the three sons of Noah and their wives ) to collect two species of animals into the ark.
   As for whether dinosaurs was brought into the ark, you should take a trip and go and ask Noah or his family members.

You must be kidding right?. . .You believe that Adam named all the animals on earth? Are you serious?. . .OK, what names did Adam give to these animals. . .

Re: Atheism And Religion by noetic16(m): 10:20pm On Jul 04, 2010
^^^ Go and ask Adam grin
Re: Atheism And Religion by mazaje(m): 7:42am On Jul 05, 2010
ogoamaka99:

(3) THE TOWER OF BABEL:It was not possible for them to build a tower that reached heaven. However, where you got the story from did not say that they built the tower that reached heaven rather the place said that they had building the tower to reach heaven in their mind( imagination).That you have the imagination of flying to heaven to sack GOD from HIS
throne does not mean that you have done it.

The tower of babel story is non historical and remains a Jewish construct to help them explain some things away using their knowledge and sense of things at that time. . . . From the biblical heritage website it says that the story is just an explanation of why not everyone speaks Hebrew, as well as a comment on the huge temple-towers (ziggurats) of Mesopotamian cities. . . . . .Why was God afraid of these people? How high was the tower? Who led the construction, and did anyone voice objections? What did the builders expect to do when they reached the heavens? What moral lessons should one learn from the story?
Re: Atheism And Religion by mazaje(m): 7:44am On Jul 05, 2010
noetic16:

^^^ Go and ask Adam grin

I thought he said Adam named all the animals on earth. . . . . . . grin grin
Re: Atheism And Religion by manmustwac(m): 11:51am On Jul 05, 2010
@ogoamaka99
ogoamaka99:

@manmustwack,
(1) How Noah managed to get two (2) species of animals into the ark was the same way Adam managed to conduct naming ceremonies for all the animals/birds/fishes etc on the planet earth.If it was easy for Adam to conduct naming alone then it must be much easier for eight people (Noah, his wife, the three sons of Noah and their wives ) to collect two species of animals into the ark.

(2) How Jonah managed to stay inside the fish for three days was the same way you managed to stay for nine(9) months inside your mothers womb.Jonah's own was only three days while your own was nine good solid months. Is it not so ?
So you really believe in fairytales? If a human being cannot survive inside a fish for 3 days ib these modern times then it can't be possible to survive in a fish then.

Noah conducting naming ceremonies for over 10'000 spiecies of animals x 2  are u serious?

And have the bloody cheek to call me spiritually ignorant and spiritually blinded be cause i don't share your belief system

vescucci:

Manmustwack, you wan make the poor poster implode? Unwavering faith in indoctrination is like a time-bomb
your correct
Re: Atheism And Religion by ogoamaka99(m): 4:22pm On Jul 05, 2010
@manmustwac,
you said that you was once a spermatozoa in your father's male organ but you failed to tell us where spermatozoa got its life from.The egg in your mother was alive and so was spermatozoa from your father.The two of them was alive that made them join to form you.But the question is ,where did they got the life in them.In other words we demand to know from you people the origin of life ?.
Secondly, you said that your ancestors were called homo sapiens. We demand to know from you people where homo sapiens came from and how they got their life ?.
Thirdly we demand to know from you people for the multiplicities of languages on the planet earth since according to you your ancestors are homo sapiens which came from one source.?
Re: Atheism And Religion by mazaje(m): 4:36pm On Jul 05, 2010
ogoamaka99:

@manmustwac,
  you said that you was once a spermatozoa in your father's male organ but you failed to tell us where spermatozoa got its life from.The egg in your mother was alive and so was spermatozoa from your father.The two of them was alive that made them join to form you.But the question is ,where did they got the life in them.In other words we demand to know from you people the origin of life ?

Spermatozoa are living cells once they fertlise the ovary it continues to grow from there on. . .I am not sure if manmuswac knows where the spermatozoa cell gets its life from but he is comfortable with" I don't know" since he truly doesn't. The fact is that you yourself don't know. . .You are only trying to offer your assumptions as facts. . .But your assumptions are NOT facts.   .

Secondly, you said that your ancestors were called homo sapiens. We demand to know from you people where homo sapiens came from and how they got their life ?.

I don't know this also even though I don't fuly subscribe to the evolution hypothesis, but saying that man was created by God remains an assumption since no God has ever appeared to you personally and told you that he personally created any man. . .

Thirdly we demand to know from you people for the multiplicities of languages on the planet earth since according to you your ancestors are homo sapiens which came from one source.?

Languages evolve, there was a time human had no language and they used sign language till they developed and invented speech, Take the English language for example, the language evolved because there was no English language about 5000 years ago. . .The language came later on, it was developed and invented.  . .The tower of babel REMAINS a myth. . .
Re: Atheism And Religion by Nuriel22: 1:09pm On Jul 06, 2010
Re: Atheism And Religion by ogoamaka99(m): 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2010
@ manmustwac, please you have not answed my question unless you want to tell me that mazaje is speaking for you ?.
@mazaje , please are you speaking for manmustwac ?.
Re: Atheism And Religion by manmustwac(m): 6:13pm On Jul 09, 2010
ogoamaka99:

@manmustwac,
you said that you was once a spermatozoa in your father's male organ but you failed to tell us where spermatozoa got its life from.
It is made in the male organs so it gets its life from there.

ogoamaka99:

The egg in your mother was alive and so was spermatozoa from your father.The two of them was alive that made them join to form you.But the question is ,where did they got the life in them.In other words we demand to know from you people the origin of life ?.
Have you ever heard of evolution?

ogoamaka99:

Secondly, you said that your ancestors were called homo sapiens. We demand to know from you people where homo sapiens came from and how they got their life ?
They evolved from Chimpanzees just like babies evolve to adults. We share the same DNA with our parents and Chimpanzees have over 98% of the same DNA as we humans do.

ogoamaka99:

Thirdly we demand to know from you people for the multiplicities of languages on the planet earth since according to you your ancestors are homo sapiens which came from one source?
The first homo sapiens appeared about 2 millions years ago in Africa and has been spreading across the planet since. Thats why we have different skin colours features and speak different lanugages.

(1) (Reply)

The Eucharist ''fountain Of Life'' / Legalizing Marijuana: What Would Jesus Do? / God Is Going To Fix Two Things (BIG) Tonight In Your Favour.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.