Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix (29433 Views)

Falz Interviewed On CNN Over EndSARS (Video) / Genevieve Nnaji Wears Victoria Beckham's Outfit To Lionheart FIFM 2018 Screening / Genevieve Nnaji Used Innoson Motor (IVM) In Her 'Lionheart' Movie (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by Igboawkakings: 5:11pm On Sep 12, 2018
I hate the fact that she is a feminist
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by Igboawkakings: 5:12pm On Sep 12, 2018
Mtchwwww

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 12, 2018
marvinsync:

because it is the first Nigerian film bought by netflix
Alright. I think Chimanda's half of a yellow sun, blood and oil, and Ije would have also deserved such.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by Herrmes: 5:16pm On Sep 12, 2018
Afam4eva:

The importance is that before now, they never bought any Nigerian movie and they paid some money for it too.
Who controls the profit?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 12, 2018
Same bullcrap dull nigerian drama , just package differently.

If that preview I saw is the highlight of the movie, then....
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by darlenese(f): 5:28pm On Sep 12, 2018
petsam11:
Genny is a Celeb to other celebrities! She doesn't make noise! A big achiever!
Congratulations to her and Nollywood by extension... Very soon, I see the whole of African movie industries bearing one name "Nollywood" just like almost all white movie industries are bearing "Hollywood". This would make the African movie industry great with Nigeria being the headquarters!
Genny is really doing great! She is the real Nollywood Sweetheart and the Face Of African Cinema

#MbaiseToTheWorld
#NollywoodToTheWorld

everything made sense until I saw #MbaiseToTheWorld
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by darlenese(f): 5:31pm On Sep 12, 2018
Igboawkakings:
I hate the fact that she is a feminist

I hate the fact that you hate the fact that she is a feminist.

who the hell are U to judge
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by OldBeer: 5:41pm On Sep 12, 2018
Na wa o!

Three pages and no mention of marriage.

Maybe there is still hope for Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by UgwuAghachi: 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2018
Afonja go dey look this place like burial ground. Many of them go die of high bp put for here

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by UgwuAghachi: 5:50pm On Sep 12, 2018
OldBeer:
Na wa o!

Three pages and no mention of marriage.

Maybe there is still hope for Nigeria

Marriage wetin? E no better not to marry than marry dey divorce like Afonja tiwa savage and Funke Akindele

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by IsraelSongz: 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2018
She'd make a good "First Female President"

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by selfmade22: 5:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
if dis girl is married to any 9ja nigga, she wont get dis far... i reason her reason... WORLD LEGEND OR HOUSEWIFE
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by stagger: 5:59pm On Sep 12, 2018
Gratefulheart1:
What's the importance of Netflix acquiring a movie? I always see most foreign movies on Netflix. Just asking innocently.

Well, a typical subscription on Netflix goes for $10 a month. Google the number of subscribers Netflix has worldwide, as well as the earnings reports. They are now targeting the Nigerian market.

It was a business decision.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 12, 2018
stagger:

Well, a typical subscription on Netflix goes for $10 a month. Google the number of subscribers Netflix has worldwide, as well as the earnings reports. They are now targeting the Nigerian market.

It was a business decision.
k. Tnx
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by kokomilala(m): 6:19pm On Sep 12, 2018
@Uyi168, Iove this. One Naija!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by Incredibleme: 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2018
Afam4eva:

She's from Mbaise. I know you think she's from Enugu because of her surname 'Nnaji'. I also used to think that only Enugu people bear that name.
I have a friend from Aba who also bears Nnaji
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by Dovy: 6:29pm On Sep 12, 2018
Not only mbaise but entire Africa but The last time I checked She is from Akpugo in Enugu state
petsam11:
Congratulations to her and Nollywood by extension... Very soon, I see the whole of African movie industries bearing one name "Nollywood" just like almost all white movie industries are bearing "Hollywood". This would make the African movie industry great with Nigeria being the headquarters!
Genny is really doing great! She is the real Nollywood Sweetheart and the Face Of African Cinema

#MbaiseToTheWorld
#NollywoodToTheWorld
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by Amberon: 6:46pm On Sep 12, 2018
I'm not igbo nor from mbaise but I once lived on mbaise street in PH so yeah,
mbaise amaka grin
sacluxisback:

Her bride price sha!

Na only them Adenuga and co fit pay.

If una be Mbaise, you know you know
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by Jeffy1206(m): 7:15pm On Sep 12, 2018
Good one for Nigeria... But Netflix movies are always boring cry
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by Truth234(m): 7:24pm On Sep 12, 2018
marvinsync:

dude check out the pic
it says so on CNN

I don't know what wedding party is doing on Netflix ( that's if ur sure it's really on Netflix Asin u saw it urself not heard) but lionheart is the first Nigerian film to be bought by Netflix

From your statement, its obvious you don't have account with netflix. Once again, there are other Nigerian movies on Netflix not just the wedding party. However, lionheart was the first Nigerian movie to be bought outright, meaning no royalties like other Nigerian movies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by Obdk: 7:26pm On Sep 12, 2018
Jeffy1206:
Good one for Nigeria... But Netflix movies are always boring cry

See wetin hatred or jealousy reduce you to..

I fit swear u never browse netflix before afonja
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by Henon: 7:31pm On Sep 12, 2018
[quote author=YorubaAssasin post=71136415]
Living Legend bawo? On top one film bought by Netflix? I tire sef...
We sabi una wella...[/quote Mumu, name any other movie that has done so. Igbo Amaka!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by BecaciaBarbie(f): 7:33pm On Sep 12, 2018
inoki247:
Thank you Netflixx for buying the movie I can finally download d movies for free at FZ or doz free downloading site as I no get Moni to go Cinema I will just use my money to buy Hollandia Yoghurt and 100naira popcorn from Mama Amaka....
Please which site can I download free movies sir? wink
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by inoki247: 7:35pm On Sep 12, 2018
BecaciaBarbie:

Please which site can I download free movies sir? wink
Lol if I type am Nairaland go block my account.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by Adakintroy: 7:41pm On Sep 12, 2018
In the end is still geni from the block and all of them old school cast. Like nkem, pete, kanayo That still made history for africa .not those neo nollywood actors in showcase or iroko. wannabes Americanas with their fake British accent. Over know know people.always acting unrelatabLe stuff. Not very consistent with our reality.

Thank God for geni.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by Masterclass32: 7:47pm On Sep 12, 2018
Genny baby amaka.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by traihit: 8:16pm On Sep 12, 2018
Richdad50:
Dear Nairaland Men,
Fools avoid junk food, yet, watch TV and Movies all day. Too much television is the soul's junk food.

Wisely spoken!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by koning: 8:17pm On Sep 12, 2018
petsam11:

#MbaiseToTheWorld
#NollywoodToTheWorld

at bolded, by way of Enugu, the coal city. She is nwa 042.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by koning: 8:23pm On Sep 12, 2018
Afam4eva:

She's from Mbaise. I know you think she's from Enugu because of her surname 'Nnaji'. I also used to think that only Enugu people bear that name.

'Nnaji' is and still remains a bonafide Nkanu surname. How e take reach Mbaise baffles me. If we trace her ancestral roots, we may discover that her ancestors migrated from Nkanuland and settled in Mbaise.

Nnaji, like Nnamani are unique to Nkanuland.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by Afam4eva(m): 8:30pm On Sep 12, 2018
koning:

'Nnaji' is and still remains a bonafide Nkanu surname. How e take reach Mbaise baffles me. If we trace her ancestral roots, we may discover that her ancestors migrated from Nkanuland and settled in Mbaise.

Nnaji, like Nnamani are unique to Nkanuland.
Only Nnamani is unique to Nkanuland.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by armyofone(m): 8:37pm On Sep 12, 2018
Great job Genevieve!! Language barrier as in accents ?
Why not add captions...like for those actors and actresses with thick Igbo/yoruba accents
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix by VULCAN(m): 8:40pm On Sep 12, 2018
Untrue,

There are other Nigerian films on Netflix but none that is OWNED by Netflix before this.

Others Netflix paid to just screen them but Netflix now owns all rights to this movie.

It's a thing of Pride

marvinsync:

because it is the first Nigerian film bought by netflix

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo And Ruth Kadiri Fight Over DJ Switch / Banky W Replies Peppy Chidinma Akaniro / Photos: Ese Walter Ark Proudly Flaunts Her Huge Baby Bump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.