Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Urgent Help! Is An Expired Epassport Still Recognized? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Urgent Help! Is An Expired Epassport Still Recognized? (595 Views)

Traveling To Nigeria With An Expired Nigerian Passport / Can You Still Travel Back To Nigeria With An Expired Passport? / Epassport Guarantors Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help! Is An Expired Epassport Still Recognized? by DeepEyes: 4:05pm On Sep 12, 2018
Please share your knowledge if you know about these things

If an e passport with some wrong info (middle name) has expired for over a year, is it possible to apply directly for a new passport. Pls note:

Old e passport was only used once and has been lost for a while now

Expiry date was 2017. Obtained at ikoyI office.

All other valid I'Ds (drivers license, BVN) carry the correct middle name

Question is, is it possible to just apply for new e passport instead of bringing up the expired erroneous one? whats the best approach. Thanks in advance.
Re: Urgent Help! Is An Expired Epassport Still Recognized? by Rhozabeth(m): 4:11pm On Sep 12, 2018
Question is did u report the loss of the passport at the passport? That should have been the first step tobgwtting ur passport back! U need ur old passport for renewal, they have all ur info in the system though. If u are to renew without the old one u might need things like police report and an affidavit!
However, it is important u get advice from the immigration office.
Re: Urgent Help! Is An Expired Epassport Still Recognized? by DeepEyes: 6:05pm On Sep 12, 2018
Rhozabeth:
Question is did u report the loss of the passport at the passport? That should have been the first step tobgwtting ur passport back! U need ur old passport for renewal, they have all ur info in the system though. If u are to renew without the old one u might need things like police report and an affidavit!
However, it is important u get advice from the immigration office.

Thanks. And yes those documents are available (police report et all). But I was asking about bypassing renewal process for brand new. I've even heard of people with two different e passports. How'd they do that? I guess this is where the deeper "if u knows how it goes" come in.
Re: Urgent Help! Is An Expired Epassport Still Recognized? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 6:27pm On Sep 12, 2018
DeepEyes:
Please share your knowledge if you know about these things

If an e passport with some wrong info (middle name) has expired for over a year, is it possible to apply directly for a new passport. Pls note:

Old e passport was only used once and has been lost for a while now

Expiry date was 2017. Obtained at ikoyI office.

All other valid I'Ds (drivers license, BVN) carry the correct middle name

Question is, is it possible to just apply for new e passport instead of bringing up the expired erroneous one? whats the best approach. Thanks in advance.

Sorry they already have your info on file attached to your fingerprint. So to edit your DOB or Name then you definitely going to need about 150k or more. GoodLuck!
Re: Urgent Help! Is An Expired Epassport Still Recognized? by Rhozabeth(m): 8:10am On Sep 13, 2018
DeepEyes:

Thanks. And yes those documents are available (police report et all). But I was asking about bypassing renewal process for brand new. I've even heard of people with two different e passports. How'd they do that? I guess this is where the deeper "if u knows how it goes" come in.
Getting 2 e passports with the same set of info (passport photo, fingerprints etc) is practically impossible, just go thru the right channel and save urself from problems in future. Best of luck.
Re: Urgent Help! Is An Expired Epassport Still Recognized? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2018
It’s not possible to have more than 1 ePassport. To change name DOB or whatever then u need to either talk to agent at the embassy or walk to the embassy. I did mine couples of years ago and cost about 160k. Walk into the embassy I think u can get it done more cheaper than that.

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Photos: Divers Pull Bodies From Lake Victoria Boat Accident In Uganda / Bahamas Visa Application / How To Complete the Canadian Electronic Travel Authorization Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.