Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry (60999 Views)

Pastor Igwe Erick Nwankwo's Car Number Plate Goes Viral / This Ferrari Book Costs ₦10.8m, The Price Of A Brand New Toyota Camry / Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by ifymadu: 10:13pm On Sep 12, 2018
All these Arab billionaires should use their excess money to help their follow poverty stricken Muslims in Yemen, Palestine, Syria, Iraq and other places where they have displaced Muslims running away from war. They rather have them rush into Europe and America to seek refuge and distort the way of life of the Western world with their radical beliefs.
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by samjey: 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2018
Now, this is what I call vanity. Deluded minds pursue such vain and worthless ambitions.

2 Likes

Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by Mizk(f): 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2018
Here i am looking for common 10million naira, can't he just write me a cheque out of the goodness of his heart?
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by NickMarvey(m): 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2018
nadalion:
What happens when Agbero's steal the plate number from your car on the streets of Lagos?

Its just a waste of effort because they can't sell it or do anything with it.

The only thing they can do is kidnap the plate number and ask for ransom which you know is risky...
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by deavicky(m): 10:18pm On Sep 12, 2018
This is the exact reason why Evans kidnap people
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by Innov8ve1: 10:20pm On Sep 12, 2018
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by piagetskinner(m): 10:21pm On Sep 12, 2018
na him sabi....
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 10:24pm On Sep 12, 2018
emeijeh:
Vanity upon vanity crew coming soon.

What shall it profit a man if he gain the world and loses his soul?
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by oyejideogunjumo: 10:30pm On Sep 12, 2018
Automotive1:

A Rolls-Royce owner just paid ₦217million (£460,000) for the ultimate "RR1" registration plate at an auction. This number cost ₦47million (£100k) more than a brand new Rolls-Royce Phantom.

The number was described as one of the most special plates in the world before it was sold at the Goodwood Revival auction.

But no one knows whether it is an investment or be used on a Rolls-Royce.

The "1" number is the most expensive registration plate which was sold for £7.25million. It was purchased by Abu Dhabi businessman Saeed Abdul Ghaffar Khouri in 2008. 

The "25 O" number is the most expensive registration plate in UK which was sold for £518,000 four years ago.

A "F1" licensed to a 2013 Bugatti Veyron SuperSport is believed to be the world's most sought-after registration plate.

The number is owned by the founder of Kahn Design (customises luxury cars),Afzal Kahn,and is currently on sale for ₦7.1billion (£15million).

He purchased it ten years ago for £375,000 and rejected a ₦2.9 billion (£6 million) bid for the plate four years ago.

The price of this newly purchased RR1 plate number is enough to buy 20 brand new Toyota Camry or 23 brand new ₦9.4 Innoson’s Carrier 4×2 .

For the same price,you will buy a brand new ₦170m Rolls-Royce Phantom plus 4 new Toyota Camry.

Again, the cost of that plate number can also buy you 15 million litres of petrol or fill your car's 65L tank around 23 thousand times.

Would you pay a staggering ₦217 million for a license plate number ?

https://autojosh.com/someone-paid-₦217m-for-a-rr1-plate-numberthe-price-of-20-brand-new-toyota-camry/
Money miss road.
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by Lekozy(m): 10:36pm On Sep 12, 2018
Sisijetue:
Abeg can that plate number take me to heaven and come back
abi....or maybe it a free ticket... to heaven straight
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by Mike008(m): 10:38pm On Sep 12, 2018
Am leaving already. Madness everywhere
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by planetx: 10:41pm On Sep 12, 2018
Mizk:
Here i am looking for common 10million naira, can't he just write me a cheque out of the goodness of his heart?
You call 10 million naira common?
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by Emmanuel555(m): 10:42pm On Sep 12, 2018
I wish the rich becomes poor and the poor gets rich just for one month.
believe me everything will be fine
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by Mizk(f): 11:15pm On Sep 12, 2018
planetx:
You call 10 million naira common?
Yes compared to how much he bought a plate number, that should be chicken change to him.
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by staytravel: 11:31pm On Sep 12, 2018
That looks amazing !!
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by sleek82(m): 11:34pm On Sep 12, 2018
This is why we have a lot of poor people in Nigeria, we have a big poor man's mentality!.......if a lot of us dont understand what is happening here, let me dissect it a little for a business mind to understand.....this is actually an investment, but a lot of us dont see it....you all say it's a waste of money or its vanity? Hope you guys read the part someone bought a plate for £375,000 ten years ago and now auctions it for £15 million? Please calculate how much that is in profit and tell me it was bad business....there is hidden treasure in some of the things people buy at auctions but sometimes it's too deep for us to comprehend. A lot of people dont buy these things to show off, some of them buy for keep till it appreciates....I remember a man once asked for princess Diana's "accidented" benz car that time she died, you think he wanted to repair it and drive? Please think again!.......That guy will sell that plate for more 10 years from now.....this can be likened to what a friend of mine said when Juventus bought Ronaldo, he said that amount is too much and he can guaranty a return of 10% on wall street if the money was given to him. I told him he doesn't understand the business Juve just performed was the best ever because the money used to buy Ronaldo would be made in Jersey sales alone in just one week or two....well, he understands it now! (Sorry for the digression). Sometimes, we need to think outside the box!

6 Likes

Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by Burgerlomo: 12:33am On Sep 13, 2018
nadalion:
What happens when Agbero's steal the plate number from your car on the streets of Lagos?

cool

Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by hadesanjo(m): 12:41am On Sep 13, 2018
Thank God someone understands what’s going on.

sleek82:
This is why we have a lot of poor people in Nigeria, we have a big poor man's mentality!.......if a lot of us dont understand what is happening here, let me dissect it a little for a business mind to understand.....this is actually an investment, but a lot of us dont see it....you all say it's a waste of money or its vanity? Hope you guys read the part someone bought a plate for £375,000 ten years ago and now auctions it for £15 million? Please calculate how much that is in profit and tell me it was bad business....there is hidden treasure in some of the things people buy at auctions but sometimes it's too deep for us to comprehend. A lot of people dont buy these things to show off, some of them buy for keep till it appreciates....I remember a man once asked for princess Diana's "accidented" benz car that time she died, you think he wanted to repair it and drive? Please think again!.......That guy will sell that plate for more 10 years from now.....this can be likened to what a friend of mine said when Juventus bought Ronaldo, he said that amount is too much and he can guaranty a return of 10% on wall street if the money was given to him. I told him he doesn't understand the business Juve just performed was the best ever because the money used to buy Ronaldo would be made in Jersey sales alone in just one week or two....well, he understands it now! (Sorry for the digression). Sometimes, we need to think outside the box!

3 Likes

Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by InvertedHammer: 12:52am On Sep 13, 2018
/
That's the beauty of money.
When you think you are rich...then you see folks throwing away your networth on frivolities.

/
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by crownson(m): 1:10am On Sep 13, 2018
That's money talking...
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by Kennydoc(m): 1:22am On Sep 13, 2018
Arabs and frivolous spending... Tụfịakwa!!
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by fyneguy: 1:24am On Sep 13, 2018
It's N50k in Naija lol
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by oskaaay(m): 1:28am On Sep 13, 2018
interesting....money speaking
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by Nobody: 2:03am On Sep 13, 2018
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by ddeola: 2:17am On Sep 13, 2018
I would have said that's a good tax-payer since the guy could afford it but then where is all the money going ?

God give us leaders in Nigeria
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by Ugosample(m): 2:32am On Sep 13, 2018
So these people just create interesting ways of making money cheesy cheesy
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by networkgenuis: 2:34am On Sep 13, 2018
OgogoroFreak:
you no get sense?
Not just the number but the right to use it.

Choi cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by justflow1(m): 3:10am On Sep 13, 2018
Merimental:
at an auction d highest bidder always wins.
its not d price tag dat matters but d new level in life it places u n d kind of ppl u start mingling wit.
its simply Bizness @ d end. mor money wil be made,mor connections established n mor billionaire frnds made.
an Auction is an invitation to threat and the highest bidder may not always win the bid, Auctioners can sale at his discretion to whoever he deem fit
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by justflow1(m): 3:11am On Sep 13, 2018
Merimental:
at an auction d highest bidder always wins.
its not d price tag dat matters but d new level in life it places u n d kind of ppl u start mingling wit.
its simply Bizness @ d end. mor money wil be made,mor connections established n mor billionaire frnds made.
an Auction is an invitation to threat and the highest bidder may not always win the bid, Auctioners can sale at his discretion to whoever he deem
Re: Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry by moshino(m): 3:35am On Sep 13, 2018
lathrowinger:
That's Sign of the Ritualist. Money wey u nor hustle for.

Poor, African village mentality.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BMW 750li: The Official Car Of Nigeria's Inspector General / 2016 Mercedes Benz S550: Review Of Dr. Bukola Saraki's Official Car / Photos Of The Unveiled 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.