Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,701 members, 7,844,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

What is your grouse with health insurance? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What is your grouse with health insurance? (292 Views)

5k Each For 20 People With Health / Medical Issues / List Of Iron Rich Foods, Veggies, Grains, Fruits With Health Benefits / How To Make Money With Health And Wellness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What is your grouse with health insurance? by NDakota: 1:54am On Sep 13, 2018
My friend Oyinbo Pepper is a great guy. Right after NYSC in 2015, he got a job as a van sales representative for one FMCG in Enyimba city, his monthly gross amounting to N30,000. Last Christmas, he shared with me his grand plans of travelling to Canada, and to prove his resolve he showed me the balance in his savings account domiciled with First Bank. N500,000. I was impressed, I prayed for him, I wished him well, and we downed a few bottles of beer to celebrate his future plans, his hopes, his noble aspirations. Only perhaps we counted our chickens before they hatched. Man builds and celebrates. Fate crushes and disintegrates.

First, Oyinbo's mother fell ill. After her medical bills drained his savings account, she passed on. She was only a youthful 45! A few months later, his sister had a life-threatening condition. Having no funds, he dipped hands into his employer's sales revenue and settled the bills. "Family comes first," he said. At present, he has a debt obligation of N740,000 to his employer. Last night, he called me. He sounded defeated. He wants to run away.

Long story short, I have advised him against it, and help is already on the way for him. But then a thought has been racing through my active mind.

Why do we loathe health insurance? What exactly is our grouse with health insurance? Why would you advise someone against taking health insurance?

Please share your thoughts and experiences!!!

(1) (Reply)

Intake Of Low Quality Food Linked To Cancer / What We Can Do To Reduce Depression Rate / Infection Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.