Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,757 members, 7,851,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:45 PM

John Terry Turns Down Spartak Moscow Move For Family Reasons - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Terry Turns Down Spartak Moscow Move For Family Reasons (240 Views)

Quincy Promes: Spartak Moscow Forward Sentenced To 18 Months In Jail For Assault / Victor Moses Is Still Playing For Spartak Moscow In Russia / Victor Moses: Spartak Moscow Sign Chelsea Wing-back On Permanent Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

John Terry Turns Down Spartak Moscow Move For Family Reasons by Lexzai: 2:31am On Sep 13, 2018
Former Chelsea Defender and England captain John Terry has turned down a move to Spartak Moscow for family reasons.

The 37-year-old has been without a club since leaving Aston Villa at the end of last season, but he was closing to a move to the Russian club Spartak Moscow and is understood to have undergone a medical in Rome.

However, despite reports of a mouthwatering contract on the table for a player at his age, Terry has turned down the approach after talking the deal through with his family.

"After considerable thought, I have decided to decline a contract offer from Spartak Moscow," Terry wrote on Instagram.

"I would like to take the opportunity to thank Spartak and wish them and their supporters well for the rest of the season. They are an ambitious club and I have been very impressed with their professionalism.

"But after assessing this move with my family, we've decided this is not the right move for ourselves at this time. Good Luck Spartak.". See instagram post below:

View this post on Instagram

After considerable thought, I have decided to decline a contract offer from Spartak Moscow. I would like to take the opportunity to thank Spartak and wish them and their supporters well for the rest of the season. They are an ambitious club and I have been very impressed with their professionalism. But after assessing this move with my family, we’ve decided this is not the right move for ourselves at this time. Good Luck Spartak �⚪️ @fcsm_official

A post shared by John Terry (@johnterry.26) on Sep 12, 2018 at 9:23am PDT

Terry has also been linked with Sporting Lisbon and a return to Aston Villa, with the transfer window not applied to free agents.

Source: http://www.exclusiveclue.com/2018/09/john-terry-turns-down-spartak-moscow.html

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Lukaku Receives A Award For 100 Premier League Goals / NFF COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT: Pinnick Hails Enyimba... / Blog For The Sale Of Sure Games Through Cryptocurrency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.