Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

See Reasons Why You Must Start Eating Cockroaches - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / See Reasons Why You Must Start Eating Cockroaches (408 Views)

SOLD Factory Unlocked Iphone 12 Pro Max For 470k,see Reasons / Google Play Music Shuts Down On December (see Reasons) / See Reasons Why Nokia Wants To Sack 350 Employees As Part Of Cost-savings Progra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Reasons Why You Must Start Eating Cockroaches by Loadedhoodmedia(m): 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2018

You might be thinking eating cockroach is disgusting, because in Western society we do not value insects as a food source. We largely consider them dirty creatures that need to be eradicated, not eaten.
But do you know that people eat cockroaches in many countries and cultures around the world, commonly in Asia?
Yes, cockroaches are edible and healthy to eat, provided they are prepared properly. They must be washed and thoroughly cooked prior to eating, to kill any bacteria on the cockroach.
Don’t eat a raw cockroach, though. Just as you wouldn’t eat raw chicken or beef. The germs need to be burnt off in the cooking process. Usually, this is accomplished by frying the roaches in vegetable oil, which also gives them a crunchy and crispy texture.
For example, here in Thailand, they serve fried insects in many local dishes. They are also quite popular as a street food. Frequently, food carts can be spotted with the various types of insects on display.
Western tourists often gawk at this, and stop to take pictures — after overcoming their initial shock. Their apparent disgust sometimes offends or insults the locals, with whom fried roaches and crickets are quite popular.
I have to admit, I did a double-take the first time I saw a street food cart filled with various fried insects, including cockroaches. I did my best to be polite and not show it, but the strong cultural notions I brought with me from America made me look down on the practice of eating roaches, initially.
But since then I have become accustomed to the practice, and it doesn’t shock me anymore. In fact, I really think it is a quite sensible idea. If cockroaches are plentiful and cheap, and also tasty, why shouldn’t people eat them?
For most people, it’s just a matter of getting over your pre-existing hangups about cockroaches being dirty and disgusting. However, for some this may prove to be a high mental hurdle, indeed.
https://www.loadedhood.com/uncategorized/technology/see-reasons-must-start-eating-cockroaches/
Re: See Reasons Why You Must Start Eating Cockroaches by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2018
Re: See Reasons Why You Must Start Eating Cockroaches by foolbuster: 6:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
with all the abundance of so many foods in the world, it is cockroach that one will eat. cockroaches are filled with germs that no amount of cooking will eradicate without also eradicating the nutritional value if there is any. I don't know if its just me but I can smell a cockroach few metres away that disgusting scent is un-eradicable. eat at your own peril.

1 Like

Re: See Reasons Why You Must Start Eating Cockroaches by Proffdada: 8:48pm On Sep 13, 2018
Yummy!
Crunchy yet satisfying
Re: See Reasons Why You Must Start Eating Cockroaches by adebaxton(m): 8:58pm On Sep 13, 2018
Haaa

(1) (Reply)

Sold*****Romoss Power Banks 20000mah Capacity Sales / IPHA SWIS, World Class Craftmanship, Ultimate Optimized Vaping Design / Lg Mini Hifi Dm5520 Sound Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.