Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,928 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

How I Got Fake NYSC Certificate – Adeosun - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How I Got Fake NYSC Certificate – Adeosun (377 Views)

FG Recovers N1.6bn From Single Account In Commercial Bank Through TSA – Adeosun / How Amechi/adeosun Proposed “single Window” Would Have Ripped Nigeria Of Billion / Read Kemi Adeosun’s Big Idea On How FAAC Should Be Spent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Got Fake NYSC Certificate – Adeosun by Nbote(m): 1:02pm On Sep 15, 2018

Kemi Adeosun, the finance minister until yesterday, in her letter of resignation to President Muhammadu Buhari responded for the first time officially to the allegation of forging the NYSC exemption certificate, by expressing profound shock.
In the letter, the British-born Nigerian said she did not relocate to Nigeria until she was 34 years old, four years older than the 30-year limit for participation by corps members.

She blamed those she called ‘trusted associates’, who helped to arrange the ‘exemption certificate’, that came back to haunt her many years after.

“I obtained my first Nigerian passport at the age of thirty-four (34) and when I relocated there was debate as to whether NYSC Law applied to me. Upon enquiry as to my status relating to NYSC, I was informed that due to my residency history and having exceeded the age of thirty (30), I was exempted from the requirement to serve. Until recent events, that remained my understanding.
“On the basis of that advice and with the guidance and assistance of those, I thought were trusted associates, NYSC were approached for documentary proof of status. I then received the certificate in question. Having never worked in NYSC, visited the premises, been privy to nor familiar with their operations, I had no reason to suspect that the certificate was anything but genuine.”
Her letter also revealed that she took the decision to resign after an internal investigation ordered by President Buhari declared the exemption certificate as fake.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-my-trusted-associates-put-me-in-nysc-trouble-adeosun.html/amp
Re: How I Got Fake NYSC Certificate – Adeosun by 3plet: 1:35pm On Nov 01, 2018
My

(1) (Reply)

South West Nigerian Cities-ibadan / Olumba Olumba Releases Prophecy Of For 2019 / Please Is There Any App That I Can Use To Make A Video Reaction Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.