Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,204 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? (7745 Views)

Can I Learn Programming Without A Computer ? / Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? / Programming Without Stress: The Easiest Way To Learn Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 9:53pm On Sep 15, 2018
Hey as we all know if you not a programmer you'll be paid less... Am working in a place where I have access to learn programming online... it's quite fun learning from w3schools.com cause, of it's well defined tutorial.

The main problem am having now is I get tired quick when am learning programming. I also feel sleepy and lazy after studying for 1 hour or less..

Seriously, I want to be a good programmer but this weakness is killing my joy...

I don't know how you guys do it.... Any help you could suggest for me please...
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by obi4eze(m): 9:59pm On Sep 15, 2018
What you need is discipline. It's the crux of life.

1 Like

Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by inforesource: 10:03pm On Sep 15, 2018
Don't kill yourself for that, it is not ur calling, I mean passion. So look for something you have passion for n do.

4 Likes

Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 11:01pm On Sep 15, 2018
inforesource:
Don't kill yourself for that, it is not ur calling, I mean passion. So look for something you have passion for n do.

na you sabi.... Someone is feeling Lqzy and you saying it's not my passion .. nawa oo

1 Like

Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 11:02pm On Sep 15, 2018
obi4eze:
What you need is discipline. It's the crux of life.

hmm
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by melodyogonna(m): 11:15pm On Sep 15, 2018
Try with video, it's more interactive and lively when you are watching someone tackling problems.

2 Likes

Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 11:51pm On Sep 15, 2018
melodyogonna:
Try with video, it's more interactive and lively when you are watching someone tackling problems.
ok
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by mohemos: 1:12am On Sep 16, 2018
I can relate perfectly, and your problem is not because you're lazy or tired, your problem is because you're not seeing results as expected thereby it becomes boring and sleep starts creeping in....
Now the question is, why aren't you getting expected results? The answer is because you're not learning things at your level.... In a nutshell, the drug to your problem is........ Start programming by learning things that are very simple then upgrade gradually.... DO NOT RUSH IT ELSE PROGRAMMING WOULD BECOME YOUR SLEEPING PILL....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by sparkle6(m): 10:18am On Sep 16, 2018
Its either
1. You are after the language that u think is the best because others are learning.
2 Or you dont like programming at all but being pushed to learn it.
3 Or you are just lazy.
4. Or the language is not your type.
5. Or you want to learn it all at a go thereby over stressing ur body.
6. Or you are on the wrong career path.
7. Or you choose the wrong field of computer science.
8. Or u just cant focus.
9. Or u dont have passion for programming.
10. Or you dont have basic understanding of maths ie Algebra.
11. Or u like jumping from 1 language to the other without concluding on what u want.
12. Or u need a vacation to cool ur head.
13. Or u just wanna get the Moolah but surprised on the amount of hardwork you have to output.
14. Or you are just confused.
15 Or all of the above.
One of the above must be correct.

11 Likes

Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by inforesource: 1:25pm On Sep 16, 2018
Can you sleep when fire is burning under your bed? Passion is like fire. It is not your environment.

Frankicent:

na you sabi.... Someone is feeling Lqzy and you saying it's not my passion .. nawa oo

1 Like

Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by CodeTemplar: 1:45pm On Sep 16, 2018
It can be a result of many things. creative task like programming need good flow of inspiration and energy always.
Programming isn't something you do passively like repetitive spreadsheet or office tasks.
You need to conserve energy and apply to you focus. Also don't lump too many tasks together when programming.
Also realize that there are beginners, intermediate and expert level materials for most programming aspect. If you approach an expert level material casually like beginners level materials then you might get bored and exhausted quicker than expected.

1 Like

Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 2:05pm On Sep 16, 2018
inforesource:
Can you sleep when fire is burning under your bed? Passion is like fire. It is not your environment.

OK oo thanks for the proverb oo
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by GreatAchiever1: 8:59pm On Sep 16, 2018
sparkle6:
Its either
1. You are after the language that u think is the best because others are learning.
2 Or you dont like programming at all but being pushed to learn it.
3 Or you are just lazy.
4. Or the language is not your type.
5. Or you want to learn it all at a go thereby over stressing ur body.
6. Or you are on the wrong career path.
7. Or you choose the wrong field of computer science.
8. Or u just cant focus.
9. Or u dont have passion for programming.
10. Or you dont have basic understanding of maths ie Algebra.
11. Or u like jumping from 1 language to the other without concluding on what u want.
12. Or u need a vacation to cool ur head.
13. Or u just wanna get the Moolah but surprised on the amount of hardwork you have to output.
14. Or you are just confused.
15 Or all of the above.
One of the above must be correct.

See listings sha ooo grin
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Millz404(m): 10:45pm On Sep 16, 2018
Where did u start from... Hope you did not skip html and css and jump straight into c++

2 Likes

Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Basiljoe: 1:43am On Sep 17, 2018
No one is born with a passion. Determination and hard work makes all the difference. You could start from HTML and CSS then proceed to tougher languages.

3 Likes

Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Goodlyone(m): 11:51am On Sep 17, 2018
Passion! That's just it, without passion, learning will be boring of course.

As someone said here, you might start learning with the simple ones.

I think you should try SoloLearn, their platform is very interactive and fun.
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by 4dor: 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2018
Funny how everybody here is just dropping big grammar without an idea of the problem. What the Op has is called a short attention span(I still battle with this an experienced Software Engineer). The only solution is to use the pomodoro technique. Google it, read about it, once you understand it download the application and you're good to go.

2 Likes

Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Wilfredpat22(f): 8:56am On Sep 18, 2018
4dor:
Funny how everybody here is just dropping big grammar without an idea of the problem. What the Op has is called a short attention span(I still battle with this an experienced Software Engineer). The only solution is to use the pomodoro technique. Google it, read about it, once you understand it download the application and you're good to go.

you have said it all

1 Like

Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Brunosamel(m): 4:01pm On Sep 18, 2018
Frankicent:
Hey as we all know if you not a programmer you'll be paid less... Am working in a place where I have access to learn programming online... it's quite fun learning from w3schools.com cause, of it's well defined tutorial.

The main problem am having now is I get tired quick when am learning programming. I also feel sleepy and lazy after studying for 1 hour or less..

Seriously, I want to be a good programmer but this weakness is killing my joy...

Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Sync201(m): 8:00pm On Sep 18, 2018
I completely understand where your coming from as I have been in the same boat as you are. And speaking from my experience I think the problem is not due to your lack of passion in programming or attention span . I think the problem is that your 'bored' , Yes you are bored , all the excitement you probably had about building a website died down immediately when you started learning html and css. Why? Because you got bored , the tutorial is just teaching you the basics like how to create a paragraph, heading , change font color and background-color and all that . as you go on you get bored , the excitement you had before you started has died down.

You need to stop learning and start thinking of a project. You need utilize the skills you've learned to build something it doesn't matter how small it is , it can even a simple login page. The thing is once you start a project your tired will cease to exist , you said you got tired/sleepy after learning for and hour or less, when you start a project you will be coding for hours the only time you will want to sleep or rest a bit is in when there's a bug in your code. You will even realize all the things you learn you have forgotten them and you'll have to go back and go back to the lesson again.

In conclusion you just need to start a project.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by solaTheCoder: 8:39am On Sep 20, 2018
Frankicent:

Follow @4dor's advice. My little contribution: start building projects, don't think you don't know Enough. Just going through the pages of w3schools.com for hours will be boring.

Clone face book sign up page, clone Nairaland homepage, go on pinterest, find designs and turn them to code.

1 Like

Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 10:23am On Sep 20, 2018
solaTheCoder:

Follow @4dor's advice. My little contribution: start building projects, don't think you don't know Enough. Just going through the pages of w3schools.com for hours will be boring.

Clone face book sign up page, clone Nairaland homepage, go on pinterest, find designs and turn them to code.

how do I clone this site?
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by solaTheCoder: 1:14pm On Sep 20, 2018
Frankicent:

how do I clone this site?
I meant design a clone, if you are still learning front end development, then you may take it as a side project to design a clone of Nairaland.

With knowledge of html, css you should be able to do that.
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 5:22pm On Sep 20, 2018
solaTheCoder:

I meant design a clone, if you are still learning front end development, then you may take it as a side project to design a clone of Nairaland.

With knowledge of html, css you should be able to do that.

have not even start learning front end dev self.
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by solaTheCoder: 7:18pm On Sep 20, 2018
Frankicent:

have not even start learning front end dev self.

Ok, what have you learnt on programming so far?
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 9:17pm On Sep 20, 2018
solaTheCoder:

Ok, what have you learnt on programming so far?

HTML ... still mastering Css... today I came across bootstrap... via w3schools seriously i kinda more complicated ooo...
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 9:21pm On Sep 20, 2018
solaTheCoder:

you made it sound easy. For a starter like me it wouldn't be easy.
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by solaTheCoder: 1:42am On Sep 21, 2018
Frankicent:

HTML ... still mastering Css... today I came across bootstrap... via w3schools seriously i kinda more complicated ooo...

With html and css that you have learnt, you can start building little projects. Maybe a login page or just a simple landing page. The point is to apply what you have learnt - no matter how small. You can't possibly retain all the syntax of html or css in your head, but while figuring how to implement a design, you get to read up on them and understand them better.

I will advise you get your hand dirty in Html and pure css very well before taking up Bootstrap. Bootstrap is built on css, and if you don't have a good foundation with css, you may not understand why some part of your code ain't working the way you wanted them to.
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Frankicent(m): 6:17am On Sep 21, 2018
solaTheCoder:

With html and css that you have learnt, you can start building little projects. Maybe a login page or just a simple landing page. The point is to apply what you have learnt - no matter how small. You can't possibly retain all the syntax of html or css in your head, but while figuring how to implement a design, you get to read up on them and understand them better.

I will advise you get your hand dirty in Html and pure css very well before taking up Bootstrap. Bootstrap is built on css, and if you don't have a good foundation with css, you may not understand why some part of your code ain't working the way you wanted them to.

grin thanks... will start today.
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 21, 2018
Millz404:
Where did u start from... Hope you did not skip html and css and jump straight into c++
Who says programmers must start with HTML and CSS?
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by Millz404(m): 5:10pm On Sep 21, 2018
Darivie04:

Who says programmers must start with HTML and CSS?
Where is somebody without any programming knowledge suppose to start from?
Re: Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? by dometome: 7:47pm On Sep 21, 2018
mohemos:
I can relate perfectly, and your problem is not because you're lazy or tired, your problem is because you're not seeing results as expected thereby it becomes boring and sleep starts creeping in....
Now the question is, why aren't you getting expected results? The answer is because you're not learning things at your level.... In a nutshell, the drug to your problem is........ Start programming by learning things that are very simple then upgrade gradually.... DO NOT RUSH IT ELSE PROGRAMMING WOULD BECOME YOUR SLEEPING PILL....
Exactly. It is like learning a new language. Give yourself time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Developers Celebrate Wordpress 15th Anniversary / Learning To Code Is Hard!!!! / Embed And Play Youtube Video In Android Webview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.