Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,678 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 (713 Views)

Did Jesus Truly Died To Save Everybody On Earth / Did Jesus Truly Go Up In His Physical Body Like Rocket Going Into Other Planets? / When Was Jesus Truly Born? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 16, 2018
Good morning friends....

I'm here this morning again to make sense out of Christianity!

Mu question today is...

if Jesus christ truly God, why did he have to pray to God? do I pray to myself just to get favours from myself?

please, I need some clarifications!

It was at this time that He went off to the mountain to pray, and He spent the whole night in prayer to God. Mark 1:35.

Drabeey wrote this...

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 by nwamabo247(m): 8:11am On Sep 16, 2018
(yes)HI my name is celestine nwankwo,a 28yrs old. for past 11yrs now i have been down with spinal cord injure my father has been blind for over 30yrs now.my seniors brothers business is not moving fine.they the ones taking care of our feeding and medications(i.e me and my old parent).but right now things are very bad for us no money to eat again hunger is dealing with us.please i need ur prayer and finacial help.thank and God bless You.09027837654
Re: Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 by sonmvayina(m): 8:48am On Sep 16, 2018
Jesus is the Christian god created by Christian /roman at the council of Nicea for the Roman empire to end religious wars within the empire..

He has got nothing to do with the creator of the universe who is neither a man nor a human being. Number23... But the totality of the consciousness of the universe.
Re: Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 by Madara713(m): 9:23am On Sep 16, 2018
Drabeey:

if Jesus christ truly God, why did he have to pray to God?

He prayed to the Father. The reason he did this is because he became human. The word of God became flesh (John 1:14), Jesus being the word.

When he became flesh he didn't cease to be divine is the reason why we can still say he is divine/God.

do I pray to myself just to get favours from myself?

He didn't pray to himself, he prayed to the Father.
Re: Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 by Madara713(m): 9:29am On Sep 16, 2018
sonmvayina:
Jesus is the Christian god created by Christian /roman at the council of Nicea for the Roman empire to end religious wars within the empire..

He has got nothing to do with the creator of the universe who is neither a man nor a human being. Number23... But the totality of the consciousness of the universe.

He was created at the council of Nicea? If he is a myth created by christians at a council held in AD 325 how is it that we have writings that speak of him that are dated before Ad 325?
Re: Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 16, 2018
Madara713:

He prayed to the Father. The reason he did this is because he became human. The word of God became flesh (John 1:14), Jesus being the word.

When he became flesh he didn't cease to be divine is the reason why we can still say he is divine/God.

He prayed to the Father who seems to be a psychopath (he claims he know all things even before they started) he(God) decided to stage a play that only him would be enjoying, whereby he can give people joy when they want and when they don't!
what joy does it give a man to see his son surfer a cause he can even avert?

I think the whole thing is getting me crazy, I don't even know what to believe!

Drabeey was HERE
Re: Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 16, 2018
Madara713:

He was created at the council of Nicea? If he is a myth created by christians at a council held in AD 325 how is it that we have writings that speak of him that are dated before Ad 325?

I seriously need viable proofs to this findings!
Re: Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 by sonmvayina(m): 11:05am On Sep 16, 2018
Madara713:

The history was also created by the same Christian /Romans.. By the popes
Re: Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 by CAPSLOCKED: 11:22am On Sep 16, 2018
Drabeey:

He prayed to the Father who seems to be a psychopath (he claims he know all things even before they started) he(God) decided to stage a play that only him would be enjoying, whereby he can give people joy when they want and when they don't!
what joy does it give a man to see his son surfer a cause he can even avert?

I think the whole thing is getting me crazy, I don't even know what to believe!

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BELIEVE ANYTHING. smiley
Re: Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 by Madara713(m): 11:44am On Sep 16, 2018
sonmvayina:

The history was also created by the same Christian /Romans.. By the popes

But we have physical manuscripts dated by paleontologists before 325AD.
Re: Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 by sonmvayina(m): 12:01pm On Sep 16, 2018
Madara713:

But we have physical manuscripts dated by paleontologists before 325AD.

Give examples..
Re: Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 by Grace001: 12:12pm On Sep 16, 2018
Yes according to the story in the Bible given to us by the Oyinbos.

Just read below and you’d understand better

Re: Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 by Madara713(m): 12:34pm On Sep 16, 2018
sonmvayina:

Give examples..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_manuscript

For example, Papyrus 1 , the first one in the table below is dated to the 3rd century by paleontologists.

Re: Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 16, 2018
you guys should please argue constructively, please safe a falling soul!
Re: Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 by bodee(m): 2:10pm On Sep 16, 2018
following keenly, let's build up body of knowledge. But Jesus himself said I and the father are one. let's look at that angle. But Paul also said there is Lord the Lord Jesus Christ and one God. Hence, two different entity.
Jesus said something like I did not come on my own. or I did not come to do the will of my own but that of my father who sent me; hence, another two different entities is very much glaring to us.
He also said I am the vine while my father is the vinedresser.
People do reason that he became God after his resurrection but while did he pray to another God for his disciples even after his resurrection

I am a Christian/ Pentecostal but everything is just confusing jare.

So in a nutshell, it's much logical to say Jesus has a master who is accountable and look up to. Hence Jesus is not God.
Re: Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 by Kenneth4u205(m): 2:26pm On Sep 16, 2018
I laugh at the ignorance of the op .But I respect his desire to learn basic truth about Jesus .WHERE THE OP GOT IT WRONG IS THAT HE DOESN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF GOD.GOD IS JUST A TITTLE THAT EVEN DEMONS USE .WE HAVE THE GREEK GOD OF SEA,ROMAN SUN GOD,GOD OF FERTILITY,GOD OF WAR,ETC.

All the above are demonic gods worshipped in the past and even today.we sometimes use small letters to demote those gods .even Yoruba have sango,God of thunder .igbo have amadioha God.So MR op,can you kindly tell us which of this gods you referring to when you ask if Jesus is God.THE WORD GOD IS JUST A TITTLE FOR SUPERNATURAL BEINGS WORSHIPPED BY MEN.BUT THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE IS KNOWN AS GOD OF GODS,LORD OF LORDS ,KING OF KINGS ,JEHOVAH,YAHWEH,ELOHIM,ETC.

if people can refer to ordinary demons as God(sango and amadioha),how much more Jesus.The son of the most high God. so your questions portrays ignorance of the true meaning of the word God.any supernatural being worship by men is God .Jesus is supernatural and worship by men .so he's also God .dictionary is your friend brother
Re: Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 by Primesky(m): 4:25pm On Sep 16, 2018
Drabeey:
Good morning friends....

I'm here this morning again to make sense out of Christianity!

Mu question today is...

if Jesus christ truly God, why did he have to pray to God? do I pray to myself just to get favours from myself?

please, I need some clarifications!

Drabeey wrote this...

Jesus is God!. He is a unique person of the Godhead or trinity. Everything Jesus Christ did while He was here on earth, He did for our example, otherwise how could we have learned?. He also did everything not to glorify the flesh or even Himself. But the bible gave us several scriptures to authenticate who Jesus really is:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Philippians 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Re: Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 16, 2018
I think this confusion is common in many even some believers.
I, myself used to be confused until I took my time to study the bible and I found out that
1. God is a triune being, he consists of three distinct individuals but yet one.
2. Jesus who was God became a man the result was that he had both the God characteristics and the human characteristics except sin ( because sin was not originally part of humans human).
4. Jesus had the opportunity to disobey God just like Adam but he was faithful to God.
3. by virtue of his humanity he was less than God but equal to God by his divine nature.
4 for Jesus to fulfill his mission he needed to be under the law hence he need to take upon himself the human nature. God is not subject to any law but rather he is the law giver.
5 When Christ died and resurrected he was no longer under the law he was glorified but he still had his humanity and will continue to be so forever ( he won't pull it off).
6. make no mistake Jesus is 100% Almighty God and his 100% human.
Re: Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 by adelee777: 5:16pm On Sep 16, 2018
solite3:
I think this confusion is common in many even some believers.
I, myself used to be confused until I took my time to study the bible and I found out that
1. God is a triune being, he consists of three distinct individuals but yet one.
2. Jesus who was God became a man the result was that he had both the God characteristics and the human characteristics except sin ( because sin was not originally part of humans human).
4. Jesus had the opportunity to disobey God just like Adam but he was faithful to God.
3. by virtue of his humanity he was less than God but equal to God by his divine nature.
4 for Jesus to fulfill his mission he needed to be under the law hence he need to take upon himself the human nature. God is not subject to any law but rather he is the law giver.
5 When Christ died and resurrected he was no longer under the law he was glorified but he still had his humanity and will continue to be so forever ( he won't pull it off).
6. make no mistake Jesus is 100% Almighty God and his 100% human.

If God is a triune being, meaning they are all equal; then answer these questions;
Does Yahweh have a God above Him?
Does Jesus Christ have a God above Him?
Re: Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 16, 2018
adelee777:

If God is a triune being, meaning they are all equal; then answer these questions;
Does Yahweh have a God above Him?
Does Jesus Christ have a God above Him?
read my post very well, it was well answered
Re: Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 17, 2018
Jesus is indeed God Almighty
Re: Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 17, 2018
adegoroye1736:
no body said he prayed to himself, he as a man prayed just like every other man prayed.

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Is The Lamb Of God - Jesu Ni Odo- Agutan Olorun. / Does God Really Support Any Religion? / God Is Not In Control Of This World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.