Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,645 members, 7,851,167 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:30 PM

I Need An Improvement In My Penalty Kicks Says Lionel Messi. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Need An Improvement In My Penalty Kicks Says Lionel Messi. (302 Views)

I Apologise For Not Converting My Penalty - Super Falcons Forward Oparanozie / Produce An Improvement In Circulation With Body Massage In Delhi / 2019 General Elections Were An Improvement From 2015, Most Of Our Concerns Were (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Need An Improvement In My Penalty Kicks Says Lionel Messi. by uneeking(m): 9:28am On Sep 16, 2018
Other players would have been happy just to be as good as he is and be comfortable with just that. But not Lionel Messi.

The five-time Ballon d’Or winner is not contented with his achievements so far and wishes to improve on his performances especially in the area of penalty kicks.

This is a player who many consider perfect having won so many accolades, trophies and broken so many records in the course of his enviable career.

He however is not contented with his performances so far and wants to be much better. He was speaking to Catalunya Radio before Saturday’s 2-1 LaLiga win over Real Sociedad when he said:

“I would like to be more effective from the penalty spot.

“But it’s difficult to work on penalties. It’s not the same taking them in training as it is in a game. You can have an idea in your head or something you have worked on, but it’s more difficult than it seems.

“The goalkeeper has a lot to do with it, too. If they guess right, they save it. But it’s obvious that I’d like to get better at taking penalties.”

When asked about his development generally at Barcelona, the ever reliable attacker simply said:

“It’s normal that your game evolves. When I made my debut I was 17.

“I played in a different position and in a different way back then. Football has changed since, as has my way of playing and moving around the pitch.

“I like where I play now the most. Teams sit deep and put a lot of people in the middle, so it’s easier getting the ball a little deeper and coming inside from further out. Moving to the wing means that a lot of the time, the full-back doesn’t know what they’re meant to do. In the middle, it’s harder to get the ball, because there are fewer spaces and a lot of bodies.”

Posted at:https://uneekomunikations.com/i-need-an-improvement-in-my-penalty-kicks-says-lionel-messi/

(1) (Reply)

Enyimba Fc Vs Rayon Sports 5 -1(full Time) / Seun Nairaland Is Over Cacheing / Horror! AAU Student Dies In Fatal Car Accident As Boyfriend Survives (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.