Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,069 members, 7,810,999 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. (5981 Views)

2009 Toyota Camry Almost Toks / How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise / Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by Gluckdude20(m): 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2018
I'm sharing this to know if there is anyone that has had similar experience in the past and how they were able to resolve it.

I was on the highway just last week and i got pulled over by customs, after going through my customs docs, they told me my document was fake and the dealer who sold the vehicle made a fake document for me. the fact is the document i have actually checked out at customs initially when i went to verify it before payment, but apparently the customs papers wasn't for my car but a similar car, and that's how i was outsmarted embarassed, never gonna happy again anyway. i was actually let go after sorting things out with them wink.

Now the point is i want to actually make the payment duty, but the customs guys were saying border is closed and i cant make payment again, which means i cant travel with the vehicle, to avoid similar experience. cry

Now i'm totally confuse, i know there is away around this, but the right link is what i need, as i've spent a lot on the vehicle trying to make it to my taste and selling it off isn't my first option at it stands. sad
Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by LordofNaija: 6:04pm On Sep 16, 2018
That vehicle was imported via land border and there is a subsisting ban on importing vehicles vial land. This means you won't be able to regularise your custom document ever.Just sell off the vehicle to me at a cheap rate and have peace of mind. What's the point owning what you can't use

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by Gluckdude20(m): 6:15pm On Sep 16, 2018
LordofNaija:
That vehicle was imported via land border and there is a subsisting ban on importing vehicles vial land. This means you won't be able to regularise your custom document ever.Just sell off the vehicle to me at a cheap rate and have peace of mind. What's the point owning what you can't use
first of, i have 2 vehicles, and second thing is i can keep using the car for as long as possible, the only barrier is i cant go interstate with it, and again if u make a good offer, i may still sell it. it all depends, maybe u leave your contact so i can get in touch.

2 Likes

Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 16, 2018
If you dash me, God will reward you.
Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by rexana: 6:28pm On Sep 16, 2018
What is d make of the car
Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by Alejoc(m): 6:33pm On Sep 16, 2018
Have you raised the issue with the dealer? Why don't you consider arresting him?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by Exponental(m): 6:42pm On Sep 16, 2018
Custom is corrupt we all know and FG is encouraging them. What will it cost them to create a website where people can check online the validity of the vehicle by inputting the chassis number. If a vehicle gets into the country without a duty, then custom is not efficient.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by chloride6: 6:44pm On Sep 16, 2018
Tadeus fall in

Customer needs your help grin

2 Likes

Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by Gluckdude20(m): 6:51pm On Sep 16, 2018
Alejoc:
Have you raised the issue with the dealer? Why don't you consider arresting him?

i stay in another state, the silly guy stays in lag. traveling and pursing that case all around is what im lazy to start.

1 Like

Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by Kufie(m): 6:58pm On Sep 16, 2018
When some Nigerians see some cars for cheap, they attack us that pay correct import duties saying "You wan carry me build house abi?". This is the aftermath.

Unbelievable deals and distress sales exist. Just be sure to do your verifications properly. I've been shopping for a used ML350 2013 model and I've come across so many with duty as low as ₦500k - ₦600k. Some without duty at all.

Well like they say, as long as you dey use am for Lagos, no wahala.

8 Likes

Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by Cosplay: 7:00pm On Sep 16, 2018
The alarm has been sounded about these dishonest practices over and over.

Chances are your vehicle came in over the land border like the vehicle in the thread below

https://www.nairaland.com/4547787/how-oviecardealer-helped-me-purchased

He who will pay attention, let him learn.

https://www.nairaland.com/4516266/only-legal-way-bringing-vehicles

4 Likes

Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by Gluckdude20(m): 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2018
the point is what is the way forward..
Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by Gluckdude20(m): 7:26pm On Sep 16, 2018
the point is what is the way forward?..
Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by Glorylynn: 7:38pm On Sep 16, 2018
Call this bro he would help you out 0 8 1 5 5 9 5 3 9 0 5
Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by Gluckdude20(m): 8:04pm On Sep 16, 2018
Glorylynn:
Call this bro he would help you out 0 8 1 5 5 9 5 3 9 0 5
just did, he's not picking yet.
Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by LordofNaija: 9:00pm On Sep 16, 2018
Gluckdude20:

first of, i have 2 vehicles, and second thing is i can keep using the car for as long as possible, the only barrier is i cant go interstate with it, and again if u make a good offer, i may still sell it. it all depends, maybe u leave your contact so i can get in touch.
Let me see pics of the car 09027947664
Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:30am On Sep 17, 2018
cc tadeus, ately, atelysir
come and justify ur positions about ur secret land border imports

2 Likes

Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by omonla10(m): 6:23am On Sep 17, 2018
Gluckdude20:
I'm sharing this to know if there is anyone that has had similar experience in the past and how they were able to resolve it.

I was on the highway just last week and i got pulled over by customs, after going through my customs docs, they told me my document was fake and the dealer who sold the vehicle made a fake document for me. the fact is the document i have actually checked out at customs initially when i went to verify it before payment, but apparently the customs papers wasn't for my car but a similar car, and that's how i was outsmarted embarassed, never gonna happy again anyway. i was actually let go after sorting things out with them wink.

Now the point is i want to actually make the payment duty, but the customs guys were saying border is closed and i cant make payment again, which means i cant travel with the vehicle, to avoid similar experience. cry

Now i'm totally confuse, i know there is away around this, but the right link is what i need, as i've spent a lot on the vehicle trying to make it to my taste and selling it off isn't my first option at it stands. sad
I'm a clearing agent at tincan.. There's still a way out.. U can still pay d required duty on the said car and released by tincan customs legit.. Even cars that were smuggled in go through this route to pay duty officially.
Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by atelysir(m): 7:38am On Sep 17, 2018
obekediamondfuto:
cc
tadeus, ately, atelysir

come and justify ur positions about ur secret land border imports
How do I do that Sir
Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:06am On Sep 17, 2018
omonla10:
I'm a clearing agent at tincan.. There's still a way out.. U can still pay d required duty on the said car and released by tincan customs legit.. Even cars that were smuggled in go through this route to pay duty officially.

now this right here.... is the problem with Nigeria and Nigerians.... it's not the government.... it's not the law makers... it's the mentality

cc cosplay.

now we can now see how a diabetic patient that claims he truly want to get better but cannot help himself around sugary compounds.......

if u, as a customs officer can provide a way out for smuggled cars to become legit in the country then almost all hope is lost......
vehicle - laundering

now I sincerely see no reason y people that smuggle cars should be reprimanded when the system provides a foolproof and fail-safe remedy to aid and further their cause even though it is officially a criminal offence....

diportivo and thebigkendo come and see for urself....

thebigkendo please drag valarinz along when coming..

then banky3w bring one small stout for me while coming.

4 Likes

Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:08am On Sep 17, 2018
atelysir:
How do I do that Sir
my brother no need..... carry on abeg
Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by atelysir(m): 8:39am On Sep 17, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

my brother no need..... carry on abeg
Roger that boss
Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by omonla10(m): 8:40am On Sep 17, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

now this right here.... is the problem with Nigeria and Nigerians.... it's not the government.... it's not the law makers... it's the mentality

cc cosplay.

now we can now see how a diabetic patient that claims he truly want to get better but cannot help himself around sugary compounds.......

if u, as a customs officer can provide a way out for smuggled cars to become legit in the country then almost all hope is lost......
vehicle - laundering

now I sincerely see no reason y people that smuggle cars should be reprimanded when the system provides a foolproof and fail-safe remedy to aid and further their cause even though it is officially a criminal offence....

diportivo and thebigkendo come and see for urself....

thebigkendo please drag valarinz along when coming..

then banky3w bring one small stout for me while coming.

sorry to say. But I think u have slight comprehension problems..
1.im a clearing agent
2. I've never done it
3. I'm suggesting an official way out..

If u get arrested by customs, u will still go through this route for paying duty. Where is the fraud here as u suggest.. He should come to tincan customs office and do all these by himself.. It's not a crime to give a solution when it seems there's no way out.

14 Likes

Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:42am On Sep 17, 2018
omonla10:
sorry to say. But I think u have slight comprehension problems..
1.im a clearing agent
2. I've never done it
3. I'm suggesting an official way out..

If u get arrested by customs, u will still go through this route for paying duty. Where is the fraud here as u suggest.. He should come to tincan customs office and do all these by himself.. It's not a crime to give a solution when it seems there's no way out.

on the contrary.... I understand u perfectly..... loud and clear.....

surprisingly I just called my customs officer friend and he denied all.... that it's not possible..... didn't tell him my info source though...... even though that was his area of interest.....

well like u said.... it's a solution for those in need...

I totally give up

3 Likes

Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by atelysir(m): 8:46am On Sep 17, 2018
Gluckdude20:

Sir Contact me I may have a solution to the situation Sir and before anyone says contrary you and I will go through the process together
But you have to hurry because those terminals are getting closed everyday

1 Like

Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by thebigkendo(m): 9:05am On Sep 17, 2018
atelysir:
Sir Contact me I may have a solution to the situation Sir and before anyone says contrary you and I will go through the process together

Na so

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:24am On Sep 17, 2018
atelysir:

and if it closes na Grande finale be that... no more solution
lolz...

op goan sort that custom issue out abeg ....on the highway dem no dey collect less than 50k

1 Like

Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by omonla10(m): 9:30am On Sep 17, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

on the contrary.... I understand u perfectly..... loud and clear.....

surprisingly I just called my customs officer friend and he denied all.... that it's not possible..... didn't tell him my info source though...... even though that was his area of interest.....

well like u said.... it's a solution for those in need...

I totally give up
so Ur custom friend says it's impossible to pay duty on a smuggled car.. It's either he's incompetent or he's naive.. People pay duty on cars daily at fou ikeja. Go there and confirm for urself.. So u mean all seize cars are destroyed or what.. Once the car is not seized, they can still raise u a DN which u can use to pay duty to Nigerian customs

3 Likes

Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by Gluckdude20(m): 9:37am On Sep 17, 2018
rexana:
What is d make of the car
Toyota camry 2010.
Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by Cosplay: 9:56am On Sep 17, 2018
omonla10:
so Ur custom friend says it's impossible to pay duty on a smuggled car.. It's either he's incompetent or he's naive.. People pay duty on cars daily at fou ikeja. Go there and confirm for urself.. So u mean all seize cars are destroyed or what.. Once the car is not seized, they can still raise u a DN which u can use to pay duty to Nigerian customs

You want to assist the OP, that's commendable.

Could you clarify the following?

- There's a moratorium on vehicle imports into Nigeria across the land borders.

- Importers still smuggle these vehicles into the country, pay "genuine" duty and somehow come up with "genuine" customs documents for them.

My question is simple, really.

In the import documents presented to the NCS in the duty payment and clearing process, what port of entry would be listed?

Tin Can? Apapa?

If the answer is either of the above, how would the importer come up with documentation showing that the vehicle was imported via those ports?

Where would the Ship bill of lading come from? Vessel name? Voyage number? Port of loading?

Or would the import documents indicate that the vehicle entered via the land borders?

5 Likes

Re: My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. by Bizibi(m): 10:06am On Sep 17, 2018
Cosplay:

You want to assist the OP, that's commendable.

Could you clarify the following?

- There's a moratorium on vehicle imports into Nigeria across the land borders.

- Importers still smuggle these vehicles into the country, pay "genuine" duty and somehow come up with "genuine" customs documents for them.

My question is simple, really.

In the import documents presented to the NCS in the duty payment and clearing process, what port of entry would be listed?

Tin Can? Apapa?

If the answer is either of the above, how would the importer come up with documentation showing that the vehicle was imported via those ports?

Where would the Ship bill of lading come from? Vessel name? Voyage number? Port of loading?

Or would the import documents indicate that the vehicle entered via the land borders?
please,I want to know if it is less stressful importing cars into the country without delay?
And is the duty expensive though I heard it has been reduced.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2 Used Camry 99(less Than 3months) / American Used GMC Rig/borehole Drill Machine Truck 4sale Pics / Acura Mdx 2002 Pre-order 2.2 M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.