Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It (4554 Views)

Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. / Some Times I Think Of How Easy It Would Be To Just End It All / I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by gaby(m): 11:38am On Jul 05, 2010
Fellow nairalanders i am confused and depressed at the same time and i sometimes think about just ending it all.
I have lost all i worked for,my brothers whom i sacrificed my education for to start struggling since i was 19 and trained through university now scorn me and dont even speak with me simply because our parents were always praising me and urging them to take a cue from me,they even tease my parents with my present predicament.
My immediate family is in ruins as things continue to spiral downwards for me as my wife who used to call the best man in the whole wide world has resorted to constant nagging and insults at the slightest provocation.this i can understand trying to put myself in her shoes but my fellow nlers i've had my fill and just want to disappear to nowhere,i just want to where no one knows me and just starting all over not minding what i have to do for a new begining so long as its legal.The song that constantly rings in my head is craig david's 'im walking away from the troubles in my life'.
I am officially bankrupt and homeless as im posting this with effect from today,i dont even have a penny to run away somewhere to seek succour.
After all i had accumulated the only thing i can lay claim to is about 7 million naira beign owed me by delta state govt. Since 2005 which they have refused to pay.
Not to bore you guys with so much stories,i just need u guys to pep me up and encourage me cos this is become unbearable for me.i keep asking myself where are all the millions.
I am presently living in Nigeria.Tnx y'all for your time and anticipated kind words.
Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by ifyalways(f): 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2010
Bros,walahi,if u see depression. . . i mean if u see real peeps that are actually bankrupt,u wud stand up from where u are sitting and shout Praise the lord.
Dont expect nothing from anybody,not even ur siblings.Dust up urself and find a way to move on.Ending ur life wont make the world end.~

2 Likes

Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by Gadols(f): 2:16pm On Jul 05, 2010
Depression is the word. It sends a man to end his life. But like the first contributor said, life never ends cos u took urs. So? Dust off all that and determine to get back what u lost. Reappraise ur past so u can move forward. The past is in the past. But look inward and assess what went wrong. Seek God, He alone can restore you. It is well with you. Above all, speak peace to your life. Speak joy, speak love, and they will come into ur life. God will send help. He is Help in the time of trouble.
Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by hackney(m): 2:27pm On Jul 05, 2010
Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2010
ifyalways:

Bros,walahi,if u see depression. . . i mean if u see real peeps that are actually bankrupt,u wud stand up from where u are sitting and shout Praise the lord.
Dont expect nothing from anybody,not even your siblings.Dust up urself and find a way to move on.Ending your life wont make the world end.~

LMAO grin grin

gaby:

Fellow nairalanders i am confused and depressed at the same time and i sometimes think about just ending it all.
I have lost all i worked for,my brothers whom i sacrificed my education for to start struggling since i was 19 and trained through university now scorn me and dont even speak with me simply because our parents were always praising me and urging them to take a cue from me,they even tease my parents with my present predicament.
My immediate family is in ruins as things continue to spiral downwards for me as my wife who used to call the best man in the whole wide world has resorted to constant nagging and insults at the slightest provocation.this i can understand trying to put myself in her shoes but my fellow nlers i've had my fill and just want to disappear to nowhere,i just want to where no one knows me and just starting all over not minding what i have to do for a new begining so long as its legal.The song that constantly rings in my head is craig david's 'im walking away from the troubles in my life'.
I am officially bankrupt and homeless as im posting this with effect from today,i dont even have a penny to run away somewhere to seek succour.
After all i had accumulated the only thing i can lay claim to is about 7 million naira beign owed me by delta state govt. Since 2005 which they have refused to pay.
Not to bore you guys with so much stories,i just need u guys to pep me up and encourage me cos this is become unbearable for me.i keep asking myself where are all the millions.
I am presently living in Nigeria.Tnx y'all for your time and anticipated kind words.

Why is everybody turning against you?

It's not natural, especially when you've helped them like you have claimed to.

I think first of all you need to take a look at yourself and fing out where you have gone wrong, then we can take it up from there!
Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by coolier(f): 4:28pm On Jul 05, 2010
When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

Count your blessings, name them one by one,
      Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
      Count your blessings, name them one by one,
      And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by Africanqueen2(f): 5:55pm On Jul 05, 2010
The lord is ur strenght. . . It won't be easy. When one door shuts another opens. If it doesn't break down a window. . .
Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by gaby(m): 8:17pm On Jul 05, 2010
I appreciate all your comments,i know i can make it.Not gonna let it put me down no matter how tough it is,im confident i'll make it.

1 Like

Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by Gadols(f): 8:24pm On Jul 05, 2010
That's the spirit. Life is full of ups and downs. Even those are encouraging you on NL have their own challenges and trials. Its not over until its over. Encourage yourself and speak life to your destiny. The Lord will lift you in Jesus Mighty name. Amen.

1 Like

Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 05, 2010
Am so sorry to hear. Went through the same situation recently. I dont know what to tell you, people will not understand seeing everything you work hard for crashing down around you. I just hope you find a break through.
Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by chillbabe(f): 9:57pm On Jul 05, 2010
Talk to ure wife and i mean really talk to her if she's still hanging in there with u go and seek church counseling dnt give up it shall be well with u.
Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by leadteam: 10:12pm On Jul 05, 2010
Be strong, You can begin all over again. every body got a story which will bearth a testimony.

Look inward, learn from all ur mistakes, go ahead, move on. Yesterday is gone, Today is an open cheque. Tomorrow is in God's hand.

You can begin again, you will definitely make it.

What does not destroy you will will make you stronger.

Go for Gold
Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by gaby(m): 1:34pm On Jul 06, 2010
Tons and tons of thanks to all who has responded thus far i knew i could always find succour here with you guys.
I'm begining to see things beyond my past and present predicament because everywhere i turn to and every piece i try reading seems to be speaking directly to me on the need not to give up like this one that says 'only the test of fire makes the finest steel,so have the courage to be patient and the patience to be brave' and also 'for every enemy there's a friend.
It's a tough time in transit i must confess as i've cried my heart out secretly but now i can see hope and a new dawn on the horizon all thanks to your soothing kind words.
Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by efosanice: 3:39pm On Jul 07, 2010
this story is so not complete, what happened what did you do ? people don't naturally hate others because they failed. i have lost a lot of things but people around me have even encouraged me and been with me, so say what the issue is. however i recommend you read joel osteen's become a better you, and be strong.
Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by prittigrrr(f): 4:53pm On Jul 07, 2010
efosanice:

this story is so not complete, what happened what did you do ? people don't naturally hate others because they failed. i have lost a lot of things but people around me have even encouraged me and been with me, so say what the issue is. however i recommend you read joel osteen's become a better you, and be strong.

Wow, judgment, judgment, judgment.  OP, this reminds me of the story of Job and his "miserable comforters."  Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon asking "what did he do?" and "The story is not complete" and "He must have sinned."  They did the same to Job and he was perfect and upright.  He feared God and shunned evil.  Also, people do hate others sometimes when they fail.  Some people hate you for your success and the rejoice over your failure.  I went through what you are going through right now.  I have still not fully recovered but I now see there is a purpose in everything I have suffered.  Take heart!  Remember the story of Joseph and that what the enemy meant for evil, God purposed for your good.  Keep yourself from evil and from negative people.  Do not render evil for evil.  Do good to them who would harm you.  Keep your heart clean and do not focus on the suffering.  Also, I do not know how you feel about this, but a mental health professional, along with carefully prescribed, MILD antidepressants can be an effective tool in helping you become healthy.  You can do it short term and it may help you greatly.  Finally, I do not know how it is in Nigeria, but though I am a Christian woman, here in the US, I would not advise you to seek spiritual counselling alone. Though men and women of God mean well, sometimes they are not always adept at assisting with depression.  They are great on marriage and family counselling but with depression and other mental issues, they are not always well trained and I have seen some do more harm than good.  I wish you all the best and pray the God of all comfort will see you through.
Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by OAM4J: 10:49pm On Jul 07, 2010
'Quit you like men and be strong' says the Big Book.

The best encouragement you need will come from within you

Be encouraged! Its never over till it's over.
Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by Bestglo(f): 5:39pm On Jul 08, 2010
all i can say is be strong and be courageous
when u pass through fire, God is there to see u through
the earlier u realise this, the better for you
may God be with you  Amen

this reminds me of one song

if u catch hell,don't hold it & when you pass through hell, dont stop. u go ahead
Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by MadMax1(f): 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2010
Sorry dear. It happens. Just hold on. It will pass. The only one that can hold you back from doing and being anything you want is you. Don't let anyone take away your peace. Be strong.
Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by Isabella89: 3:26am On Jul 09, 2010
Be strong sweetheart, at a time like that all I do is hold on to hope. Life is beautiful, I love to live and be alive and will never consider suicide. If one chooses suicide to end the painful struggle of life, the bad thing about it is that the person dies, experiences no pain, gain or joy even but if the person remains strong and dares to live----the coin can turn around someday and joy, abundant joy will become yours. I'd rather enjoy the joys of life than the quietness and nothingness of death, how can I kill myself and miss out on all the lovely sceneries, fresh air, sweet music especially inspirational christian songs that brings one so much in oneness wt God, how will I die and not enjoy the joys of marital love, have children, play with them, watch them grow, love , beloved. There are other joys in life apart from our material gains there.
I have learnt that no condition is permanent in Life, wasn't there a time you had nothing dear before you had some and lost it. You will overcome and stand again.Keep hope alive never listen to any other voice that asks that u do stuff to yourself. Your children (if u have some) need you, your presence is worth more than wealth to them. Be strong and take courage
Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by safeact(m): 6:41am On Jul 09, 2010
Experience will teach u to b cautious. See dis ur trying days as if u ar bn prepared 4 d great day to come! Money has no permanent home and wil stil b back to u when u hv learnt d tricks on its manipulations. Relax and calm ur nerves down and get inspirations 4rm us and move on. Rem what God told u that he is there 4 u at al times even if d whole world abandon and reject u, he wil not,just cal him with ur mind and he wil answer u. D same thing i tell u here,we ar 4u here and wil never leave u. Find solace in d lord. Bless u.
Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by gaby(m): 12:57pm On Jul 10, 2010
Hmmm im short of words to explain how much i appreciate and love you guys for your kind words and prayers,its been a soul-lifter and what more can i say than i appreciate you all for your love and support.
And for those doubting and jestering i dont wish this situation you unless it is to get you to greater heights.
Thank a deal once again from the depth of my hearth.
Hugs
Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by Amiga4u(f): 1:08am On Jul 12, 2010
@ Gaby.
i just smilled when i went through ur post cos i was just about to write something similar concerning my life for nairalanders to give me support,encouragement and hope ,even though i know that i have HOPE IN GOD but as human my hope do weaver sometimes lol

But right now i can see myself giving you my 2cent of advice and encouragement and also taking the good ones people have written to u.

Well,i must say that i have been in a worst situation than your now and people asking what u did for ur family and friends to hate u this much cos ur demoted is WRONG ,never judge people with ur imaginations.

I never did anyone wrong but good in my family but the same people are the ones who joined together to bring me down .Why? cos of jealousy and evil heart,i was the bread winner in my family from the age of 21 now i am 29 yrs old ,i took care of all there needs ,brought 2 to europe,trained one in university,the house they live in now is my hardwork,the cars etc but instead of appreciating they prefer to give to me and bring me down ,some even tell it in my face of course not until i went home to see for myself cos people change during the years and all the things they tell u on phone while ur abroad is not the same thing when u see them in person,

I lost my home in nigeria worth 15 million naira,lost my home in Europe ,my husband ,child and my financial stability and security and got poised cos they wanted me dead and gone, spiritaul attacks up and downs ,u have no idea ,hospital was my home for 2 yrs without doctors finding out anything wrong with me ,

It has been a battle and still battling but God has always been my helper to deliver me out of the hands of my enemies (Household enemies for that matter)

Today ,i live in a shared room with a girlfriend LOL me that use to live in a mansion home and abroad,now no job and very broke.

Sometimes i think that i will never become rich again like i use to, even tonight i´ve been thinking the same thing that i have wasted all my good opportunities in life But no God will restore me fully again ,i just dont know when but i am hoping and waiting on him.

But in my battles of surviver i never GAVE UP ,first of all i wanted to be delivered from all the diabolic poises ,i went straight to church deliverance MFM and most of the poises and attack has stopped but i still do weekly deliverance until i am completely free which i will with time.

Then after my divorce from a cheating and abusive husband which they diabolically changed him into that cos he is not that kind of man by my sibbing when she lived in my house and had an affair with him ,i prayed to God deeply to give me a man of my own ,it wasnt long i met my husband now who was just a low income man not compared to my rich ex-husband and he wasnt even my class or taste but had all the qualities i wanted in a man and very faithful to me which i am very grateful to God on that aspect , but since i have been with him ,God has raised his salary twice with prayers,i know God choosed him for me not me cos if it was my choice i would have gone for flashy things and end up with the wrong man.

Today God has started restoring my life gradually ,we now have our own apartment in europe small but comfortable ,i will be relocating to a different country to join my husband and start life all over again ,i know after my language course i will get a job plus my husbands job we will be fine and with time i will be restored fully and even above what i had before and i have closed every contact with my family because of what they did to me.

What i always say to myself is that :

*GOLD WENT THROUGH FIRE BEFORE IT BECOME THAT BEAUTIFUL ( so thats what i am going through now)
* THE DOWNFALL OF A MAN IS NOT THE END OF HIS LIFE
* IF THERE IS LIFE THERE IS HOPE
* EVERY BAD SITUATION AND TRIBULATIONS IN LIFE IS MAKING A WAY FOR A HIGHER PROMOTION
* WHAT IS IN THE FUTURE IS GREATER AND BETTER THAN WHAT WAS IN THE PAST.

life alone to me is a testimony, because thats what my enemies didnt want to see me breath this Air,God will see u through ,go to a good church for consuelling and deliverance and it shall be well with u.

1 Like

Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by gaby(m): 10:23am On Jul 12, 2010
Sis your post almost brought me to tear.but im glad that your liberation and restoration time is come very happy for you and thanks for beign an inspiration.
Isnt it funny how people draw up conclusions that i must have wronged my folks to be in this situation whilst forgetting that there are some people who just hate you for no just cause but jealousy.
Be strong sister it is well.
Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by kehneah: 5:50pm On Jul 12, 2010
I REALLY CANT BELIEVE THESE THINGS HAPPEN BUT GOD IS YOUR STRENGHT,U ARE AT THE LOWEST U CAN BE AND HE THAT'S DOWN NEED FEAR NO FALL.ALL THAT REMAINS FOR YOU NOW IS TO GO HIGHER COS ITS LIKE A TIDE AND THE TIDES ARE CHANGING 4 U.
Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by Ivynwa(f): 12:24am On Jul 21, 2010
Amiga4 sweetheart, you have been thru so much. I really feel for you but I'm very glad that the years the cankerworm have stolen are being restored back to you and that you are even still on a good side of the biological clock to have a full fledged family as in have more children.

Sweetheart, I wasn't happy about the part abt you cutting ties wt your family. It is true that you are the one that went thru what u went thru and I can never feel it like you did. Your family may have wronged you in some ways but note that most times outsiders like fake pastors, fake friends and advisers point false accusing fingers at one's family especially in times of sicknesses. In Naija so many families have been broken by such fake people that prophesy and tell people that their families are responsible for their woes. Just be careful okay and be able to sieve the truth very well so that u don't cut ties wt family like that. I am sure some of them still have your welfare at heart. They can't all be bad, blood is so thick that some of us can't hate past that.

All in all, I am very excited that things are working out for you dear. May God be glorified. That your ex-husband and your sibling should be ashamed of themselves.

1 Like

Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by whiteroses(f): 1:22am On Jul 21, 2010
sorry but what are you doing to help your self, when we fall we usually know where we flop, go there and pick up the pices and try again you cant give up in life, there's hope.
my parents struggled at the beginning of their marriage as well, my mum nearly ran away but he never gave up and he made it in space of five hard years, there's a reason for everything in this life and God sees all your pain and you will come out on top if you beleive.

do you go to church when things are rough for me is when i have peace inside because i know whos going to win in the end cos God is my peace.
Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by luap: 8:22pm On Jul 21, 2010
Agreed, put your faith in the Lord.
Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by femmy2010(m): 8:44pm On Jul 21, 2010
At a certain point in our life we fail but we just have to keep going it is just a minor set back if compared to the many great attainables.
Re: I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2012
Bros you are not the first and certainly not the last. As the first two posters have said, dust and move on. I know of a man that similarly sponsored his siblings, made some bad decision, and today blames everything on his siblings and refuses to move on. But thank God for you, you have choosen to seek help and encouragement to move on. Listen to dbanj latest song -Top of the World! And be encourage yourself bros see you on Top.

(1) (Reply)

#### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People / Costumes To Try In The Bedroom That'll Drive Your Man Crazy / I Am Regretting My Marriage That's Not Up To 2mths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.