Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,315 members, 7,850,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:55 PM

Bank Scam!! Please Help Me Out - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Scam!! Please Help Me Out (391 Views)

Is Qnet Company A Scam ? Please Help Me / Kuda Bank Scam Alert / Remitano Scam ; Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bank Scam!! Please Help Me Out by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 17, 2018
this evening, a friend of mine called me crying bitterly I asked what happened. after hearing his story my heart weeps with him. here is his story I really need your help as we are totally lost and need that money back.

someone called him and claimed he is a Firstbank staff in Lagos and he told him some details about his account which were 100% accurate. this made him believe that it's truly his bank that called him. The guy then told him that there is a problem with his account ( mismatch of date of birth in particular). truly, the date of birth used in opening the account did not match with the date of birth used in the bvn registration. being aware of this, he agreed that it was first bank that called him... of course, only the bank staff can have access to customers account information. he later requested for the long numbers on his ATM card which he freely called out to him. he requested for all the other details ... my friend was actually very ignorant of anything he could do with it especially that it was Firstbank that was calling him... after some time, he got a debit alert. all the money in his account was wiped...Gush!
it pains.. when he called me, I immediately collected his account number and name. I called Firstbank customer contact because banks had closed for the day. it was confirmed that such an amount of money left the account they even told me name of the account which the money entered. it was a UBA account and they said they'll escalate my complaints to the right authority.... we also want to go to court tomorrow first thing in the morning to involve the court....
I had to ask the question "how did that guy access the details of the account"?
definitely something fishy happened somewhere.
please do you have any useful advice for us here as we plan to follow up the matter tomorrow?

thank you and remain blessed.
Re: Bank Scam!! Please Help Me Out by Wendland: 8:45pm On Sep 17, 2018
This type of scam has been existing for a long time.
Never give out any of your bank details on phone to anyone. It's safer you go to the bank yourself to rectify it physically.
Scammers are upgrade their skills daily in order to get people. I hope your firend gets his money back.
Re: Bank Scam!! Please Help Me Out by sammirano: 8:53pm On Sep 17, 2018
Whether it is the bank or not, the question is why did your friend be so naive to give out his atm details after several warning for financial institutions to that effect. What is the correlation between account mismatch and atm details?

Well, the bank may still help, provided the circumstance. But the bank is not negligent here.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Bet9ja Account Purchase / Jim Iyke Launches Taxi Service “mr Taxi” / Make Money With Copy And Paste Blogging In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.