Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

My Village Prince And I - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Village Prince And I (32681 Views)

My Madam And I (part Two) / The Prince And The Siren / Continuation Of My Madam And I(from Family Group And Sexuality). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Village Prince And I by boomssey(f): 5:28pm On Oct 30, 2018
Thank u dear for updating, looking forward to more.
Re: My Village Prince And I by crossfm: 6:28pm On Oct 30, 2018
Gr8 update. But i'm Oliver twist. Lol
Re: My Village Prince And I by skubido(m): 10:46pm On Oct 30, 2018
OP tanks for the update.

U too much,,, more plz
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 9:29pm On Jan 17, 2019
MY VILLAGE PRINCE AND I Sequence 9
AFAMEFUNA POV
Ada has left after about two hours of talking with me, I must confess she is fun to be with and won’t mind keeping are close as a friend, I later woke up after having a nap, Ada has joined me in eating breakfast in the morning before she left so I rested my head a little, I decided to go to the place I met Amarachi hoping I could meet her there, I called Nnamdi who came rushing into my room.
NNAMDI: yes my prince.
AFAMEFUNA: get ready we are going out.
I said getting up from my bed.
NNAMDI: let me call the men servants.
AFAMEFUNA: no, am going on a simple wear today and you too.
He seems surprised but I had no time to explain myself, I got ready putting on a blue jeans with a white t-shirt, a white Gucci sneakers, and a leather wristwatch, I wanted to look simple, didn’t want to draw attention to me since I didn’t have the mind of using the car or the guards, I came out of my room to see Nnamdi dressed in a black trouser, a blue t-shirt and a black sneakers.
AFAMEFUNA: not looking bad.
He cross check himself and a smile appeared on his face.
AFAMEFUNA : now listen, we are not taking the car okey.
I said in more as a whispered.
AFAMEFUNA: we are going on foot.
NNAMDI: but where are we going to.
AFAMEFUNA: that left for you to find out.
We walked out of the building heading to the gate, it wasn’t easy to convince the security to let us pass but not wanting to lose their job for disobeying the crown Prince, they allowed us pass.
The walk from the palace to the place I met Amarachi was more like a forty minutes walk, and believe me I enjoyed it, Nnamdi didn’t bother to ask me any more question and I appreciated it.
NNAMDI : I knew you were coming here.
He voiced out as soon as we got there.
AFAMEFUNA: Good, now since you knew, you will just follow me without another word and one more thing, my name is Nnamdi not my prince.
I saw his jaw drop.
NNAMDI: but that is my name.
AFAMEFUNA: and now it’s my own name, so you better start looking for another.
NNAMDI: what are you up to my prince.
AFAMEFUNA: Nnamdi is my name, okey at least it’s not that hard for you to pronounce your own name.
I said going into the bush, he kept quiet and followed me, I just needed to arranged things just in case I meet her there and as I had thought I did, my joy knew no bounce when I saw her sleeping so calmly in same spot, Nnamdi gave me a questioning look which I ignored, I signed for him to keep shut won’t want to wake her up in a wrong manner, I slowly walked up to her without making any noise, I bent down stared at her beautiful face, if only she knew what she was doing to me, I touched her cheek and with this she slowly woke up.
AFAMEFUNA: hello sunshine.
AMARACHI POV
I was shocked and same time happy to see him but I wasn’t going to let him know that, he was all smiling like a child who just found his lost teddy bear, I got on my feet dusting away the dirt on my blouse and skirt, he too stood up as I did.
AFAMEFUNA: sorry for disturbing your beautiful sleep.
Why does he like apologizing this much over nothing.
AMARACHI: what are you doing here.
AFAMEFUNA: well I came to see you.
I was surprised at his responses
AMARACHI : you came to see me, does here look like my home.
AFAMEFUNA: well since I don’t know where you stay I came to the only place I knew I might find you and guess what, I was right.
AMARACHI : you are something else.
AFAMEFUNA: so are you going to offer me a sit or you prefer to keep me standing.
He was very funny and free will no doubt, and his words brought smile to my face, I looked around and saw a branch connected from a tree.
AMARACHI: we can sat down there.
I said pointing at the branch, we both walk there and sat down that was when i saw that he wasn’t alone.
AMARACHI : won’t your friend join us.
He turned at the side his friend was standing and gesture him to come which he did.
AFAMEFUNA: Emeka is his name, and he is my very good friend in the palace, Emeka meet Amarachi.
I saw the shock in his eyes but quickly dismissed it, saying a hi to me, I knew he wasn’t pleased with my presence and this brought sadness to me.
NNAMDI : my… I mean Nnamdi, I will be waiting for you there.
He said this and left.
AFAMEFUNA: what is it.
I quickly force out a warm smile.
AMARACHI: nothing, am fine.
AFAMEFUNA: no you are not, so tell me or is it because of my friend.
AMARACHI: no am fine.
AFAMEFUNA: Amarachi, I know you are hiding something and you don’t want to tell me, I know I am a stranger to you but I want to be a friend.
AMARACHI: you can’t be my friend, you won’t want to be my friend if you know my story.
I said bowing my head I just couldn’t look at him in the eyes, I was trying hard to fight the tear from coming out.
AFAMEFUNA: then tell me, I want to know.
There were a lot of things going through my head, didn’t know if I was ready to loose a friend I just made.
AFAMEFUNA POV
I looked at her expecting her to say something, her head was still bow down refusing to look at me, I needed to know why are name was rejected in the lips of many if not everyone, what crime has a beautiful damsel done that has made everyone hates even her name.
AMARACHI: I am not really from this village.
She started her story.
AFAMEFUNA: go on, am listening.
I said encouraging her to continue.
AMARACHI: my mother was banished from her village because she was accused of killing my father, she had no where to go so she wandered the forest but fell into Labour on the firth day, an hunter that was passing by heard her scream so he helped her put to birth right there in the forest, the hunter and his wife were the ones that took me in.
I knew she was crying, I wanted to console her but kicked against it, it is good to cry once in a while to ease your pain, but I was confused, what was the crime in her story.
AFAMEFUNA: then why are people afraid of you.
AMARACHI: because they said I was given birth to in the forest and it has never happened before, so they said I am an abomination.
With this her crying increased i immediately took her into my arm and let her soaked my shoulder with her tear.
AFAMEFUNA: it’s okey, it’s alright, all will be fine.
She stopped crying few minutes later, she sat up while I took her hands.
AFAMEFUNA: Amarachi, look at me.
She didn’t lift up her head.
AFAMEFUNA: look at me.
I said more calmly, and she did.
AFAMEFUNA: you are nothing like a curse, a curse is an ugly creation with big horns and sharp teeth, but you are nothing like that, you are a beautiful creation that I have ever came across in my entire life, you have the heart of gold, and a brave one, so even the people that has condemned you are so blind, there is nothing wrong with you, do you hear me, and I am glad to meet someone so special, you came into this world for a reason and a time will come those who mocked you will bow at your feet and this I promise you.
I later went home after having the best evening with Amarachi, she lightened up after listening to everything I told her, she doubted me at first but when she saw the sincerity in me she gave in, I told her about myself but leaving the part that I was the prince, I needed to keep that away from her for now, didn’t know why but I want to.
I entered the palace with Nnamdi and headed to my room but was met with one of my father personal men servants at my door, he looks like he has been waiting for me for a long time, he bow to acknowledge my presence.
MEN SERVANT: The king request your presence at the throne room.
AFAMEFUNA: I will be right there.
He left after delivering the message.
AFAMEFUNA: call the men servants I need to change.
I said entering my room, the men servants came almost immediately and in not time I was prepared, I sent Nnamdi away so he too can go change to his attire and I headed to the throne room.
The guard as usual opened the door granting me passage to the throne room, I entered and saw five chiefs sited, I greeted my father then the chiefs which they reciprocated.
EZE NWANYI: son, where have you been, I sent for you but was told you went out.
AFAMEFUNA: so sorry father, I needed to see the four corners of the community, sorry I didn’t inform you about it.
EZE NWANYI: no problem, I sent for you because the chiefs had something important to discuss with you, they have told me but it will be better if you heard from them personally.
AFAMEFUNA: my elders I am so sorry you keeping you all waiting.
They all accepted my apologize.
AFAMEFUNA: my elders you have something important to tell me, it must be so important if not you wouldn’t have left your comfortable homes to the palace to see me, hope its nothing serious.
MAZI AMADI : our people say if you see a rat running in the afternoon you will know either it’s chasing something or something is chasing it, but in this case something is chasing it, is it not so.
MAZI OKAFOR: you are right.
The rest of the chiefs agreed with him, I knew that intact there was something wrong and I was eager to know the reason for their visit.
MAZI AMADI: we came here to see you today because of a very important issue, you see we the elders were very happy the day you came back without bringing any white woman with you, and we have asked the king and his answer was something we can hope for, at least you are not like some princes that goes to another man’s land and marry their daughters but instead you came back so you can choose a wife from your father’s land.
They all started talking at the same time acknowledging my wish decision, but honestly I didn’t came back to Nigeria to settle down, I looked at my dad and he just smile at me, what has this old man been telling them.
AFAMEFUNA: my elders indeed you have said the right thing and I appreciate that you all sees the good part in me and my good interest in the culture of the great kingdom of Amucha.
MAZI ENYINNAYA : and that is why you are the true son of your father, a lion cannot begot a sheep.
They all agreed again to his words, I already knew the purpose of their coming, so I have to choose my word wisely.
MAZI AZUBUIKE : your father the king told us that you have been going round the village in search of a bride, you know if you are having difficulties in selecting we could help you with that.
They all burst into laughter. Are they for real, was this the reason why my father asked me to come back home.
AFAMEFUNA: I appreciate your concern but I am still looking but I will need more time to do that.
MAZI OKAFOR: you have the time to search for your bride but remember you have to produce a heir before your father the king joins his ancestors.
What is this one saying, those my father look like someone that will die soon, I didn’t want to say much I assured them that good news was on the way, they later left giving my father and I the privacy I have been waiting for.
AFAMEFUNA: father, I need some explanation.
EZE NWANYI: what explanation.
AFAMEFUNA: father don’t play dumb with me, what is all this about me getting married, have you forgotten that I still have my PhD to do, did both of us even discuss anything about marriage.
EZE NWANYI: son, you know the costume and traditions of our land, before a prince is crown as the next king he must produce an heir to the throne and that heir must be bless by the former king, your son must be bless by me before you can be the next king, do you know that.
AFAMEFUNA: I do, but why now, even at that, must I marry now, father do you know how old am I.
EZE NWANYI: you are old enough to pregnant a woman.
AFAMEFUNA: oh God, is this the reason why you asked me to come home, it wasn’t because you missed me.
EZE NWANYI : Afamefuna, I am dying.
AMARACHI POV
It has been three weeks now and things has been going well between I am Nnamdi, the other day he has given me hope with his words, I thought he could run away from me after hearing my story but instead he embraced my past and my future, and since that time I have vow not to do anything that will make me loss his friendship.
I told chiamaka about Nnamdi and she was so eager to meet him, and Emeka too has come to accept me too all thanks to Nnamdi but still I have this fear in me that this friendship will not last.
AFAMEFUNA POV
It has been three weeks since I and Amarachi has been friends, for her I am just her friend but for me she was more than that, I didn’t know what was happening to me, the thought of her brings smile to my face and joy to my heart.
To be continued..

2 Likes

Re: My Village Prince And I by skubido(m): 8:43am On Jan 18, 2019
OP welcome oooo, tanks for the update

Happy new year
Re: My Village Prince And I by Ann2012(f): 11:22am On Jan 18, 2019
Following
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 7:27pm On Jan 18, 2019
MY VILLAGE PRINCE AND I Sequence 10
AFAMEFUNA POV
Ada has left after about two hours of talking with me, I must confess she is fun to be with and won’t mind keeping are close as a friend, I later woke up after having a nap, Ada has joined me in eating breakfast in the morning before she left so I rested my head a little, I decided to go to the place I met Amarachi hoping I could meet her there, I called Nnamdi who came rushing into my room.
NNAMDI: yes my prince.
AFAMEFUNA: get ready we are going out.
I said getting up from my bed.
NNAMDI: let me call the men servants.
AFAMEFUNA: no, am going on a simple wear today and you too.
He seems surprised but I had no time to explain myself, I got ready putting on a blue jeans with a white t-shirt, a white Gucci sneakers, and a leather wristwatch, I wanted to look simple, didn’t want to draw attention to me since I didn’t have the mind of using the car or the guards, I came out of my room to see Nnamdi dressed in a black trouser, a blue t-shirt and a black sneakers.
AFAMEFUNA: not looking bad.
He cross check himself and a smile appeared on his face.
AFAMEFUNA : now listen, we are not taking the car okey.
I said in more as a whispered.
AFAMEFUNA: we are going on foot.
NNAMDI: but where are we going to.
AFAMEFUNA: that left for you to find out.
We walked out of the building heading to the gate, it wasn’t easy to convince the security to let us pass but not wanting to lose their job for disobeying the crown Prince, they allowed us pass.
The walk from the palace to the place I met Amarachi was more like a forty minutes walk, and believe me I enjoyed it, Nnamdi didn’t bother to ask me any more question and I appreciated it.
NNAMDI : I knew you were coming here.
He voiced out as soon as we got there.
AFAMEFUNA: Good, now since you knew, you will just follow me without another word and one more thing, my name is Nnamdi not my prince.
I saw his jaw drop.
NNAMDI: but that is my name.
AFAMEFUNA: and now it’s my own name, so you better start looking for another.
NNAMDI: what are you up to my prince.
AFAMEFUNA: Nnamdi is my name, okey at least it’s not that hard for you to pronounce your own name.
I said going into the bush, he kept quiet and followed me, I just needed to arranged things just in case I meet her there and as I had thought I did, my joy knew no bounce when I saw her sleeping so calmly in same spot, Nnamdi gave me a questioning look which I ignored, I signed for him to keep shut won’t want to wake her up in a wrong manner, I slowly walked up to her without making any noise, I bent down stared at her beautiful face, if only she knew what she was doing to me, I touched her cheek and with this she slowly woke up.
AFAMEFUNA: hello sunshine.
AMARACHI POV
I was shocked and same time happy to see him but I wasn’t going to let him know that, he was all smiling like a child who just found his lost teddy bear, I got on my feet dusting away the dirt on my blouse and skirt, he too stood up as I did.
AFAMEFUNA: sorry for disturbing your beautiful sleep.
Why does he like apologizing this much over nothing.
AFAMEFUNA: well I came to see you.
I was surprised at his responses
AMARACHI : you came to see me, does here look like my home.
AFAMEFUNA: well since I don’t know where you stay I came to the only place I knew I might find you and guess what, I was right.
AMARACHI : you are something else.
AFAMEFUNA: so are you going to offer me a sit or you prefer to keep me standing.
He was very funny and free will no doubt, and his words brought smile to my face, I looked around and saw a branch connected from a tree.
AMARACHI: we can sat down there.
I said pointing at the branch, we both walk there and sat down that was when i saw that he wasn’t alone.
AMARACHI : won’t your friend join us.
He turned at the side his friend was standing and gesture him to come which he did.
AFAMEFUNA: Emeka is his name, and he is my very good friend in the palace, Emeka meet Amarachi.
I saw the shock in his eyes but quickly dismissed it, saying a hi to me, I knew he wasn’t pleased with my presence and this brought sadness to me.
NNAMDI : my… I mean Nnamdi, I will be waiting for you there.
He said this and left.
I quickly force out a warm smile.
AMARACHI: nothing, am fine.
AFAMEFUNA: no you are not, so tell me or is it because of my friend.
AMARACHI: no am fine.
AFAMEFUNA: Amarachi, I know you are hiding something and you don’t want to tell me, I know I am a stranger to you but I want to be a friend.
AMARACHI: you can’t be my friend, you won’t want to be my friend if you know my story.
I said bowing my head I just couldn’t look at him in the eyes, I was trying hard to fight the tear from coming out.
AFAMEFUNA: then tell me, I want to know.
There were a lot of things going through my head, didn’t know if I was ready to loose a friend I just made.
AFAMEFUNA POV
I looked at her expecting her to say something, her head was still bow down refusing to look at me, I needed to know why are name was rejected in the lips of many if not everyone, what crime has a beautiful damsel done that has made everyone hates even her name.
AMARACHI: I am not really from this village.
She started her story.
AFAMEFUNA: go on, am listening.
I said encouraging her to continue.
AMARACHI: my mother was banished from her village because she was accused of killing my father, she had no where to go so she wandered the forest but fell into Labour on the firth day, an hunter that was passing by heard her scream so he helped her put to birth right there in the forest, the hunter and his wife were the ones that took me in.
I knew she was crying, I wanted to console her but kicked against it, it is good to cry once in a while to ease your pain, but I was confused, what was the crime in her story.
AFAMEFUNA: then why are people afraid of you.
AMARACHI: because they said I was given birth to in the forest and it has never happened before, so they said I am an abomination.
With this her crying increased i immediately took her into my arm and let her soaked my shoulder with her tear.
AFAMEFUNA: it’s okey, it’s alright, all will be fine.
She stopped crying few minutes later, she sat up while I took her hands.
AFAMEFUNA: Amarachi, look at me.
She didn’t lift up her head.
AFAMEFUNA: look at me.
I said more calmly, and she did.
AFAMEFUNA: you are nothing like a curse, a curse is an ugly creation with big horns and sharp teeth, but you are nothing like that, you are a beautiful creation that I have ever came across in my entire life, you have the heart of gold, and a brave one, so even the people that has condemned you are so blind, there is nothing wrong with you, do you hear me, and I am glad to meet someone so special, you came into this world for a reason and a time will come those who mocked you will bow at your feet and this I promise you.
I later went home after having the best evening with Amarachi, she lightened up after listening to everything I told her, she doubted me at first but when she saw the sincerity in me she gave in, I told her about myself but leaving the part that I was the prince, I needed to keep that away from her for now, didn’t know why but I want to.
I entered the palace with Nnamdi and headed to my room but was met with one of my father personal men servants at my door, he looks like he has been waiting for me for a long time, he bow to acknowledge my presence.
MEN SERVANT: The king request your presence at the throne room.
AFAMEFUNA: I will be right there.
He left after delivering the message.
AFAMEFUNA: call the men servants I need to change.
I said entering my room, the men servants came almost immediately and in not time I was prepared, I sent Nnamdi away so he too can go change to his attire and I headed to the throne room.
The guard as usual opened the door granting me passage to the throne room, I entered and saw five chiefs sited, I greeted my father then the chiefs which they reciprocated.
EZE NWANYI: son, where have you been, I sent for you but was told you went out.
AFAMEFUNA: so sorry father, I needed to see the four corners of the community, sorry I didn’t inform you about it.
EZE NWANYI: no problem, I sent for you because the chiefs had something important to discuss with you, they have told me but it will be better if you heard from them personally.
AFAMEFUNA: my elders I am so sorry you keeping you all waiting.
They all accepted my apologize.
AFAMEFUNA: my elders you have something important to tell me, it must be so important if not you wouldn’t have left your comfortable homes to the palace to see me, hope its nothing serious.
MAZI AMADI : our people say if you see a rat running in the afternoon you will know either it’s chasing something or something is chasing it, but in this case something is chasing it, is it not so.
MAZI OKAFOR: you are right.
The rest of the chiefs agreed with him, I knew that intact there was something wrong and I was eager to know the reason for their visit.
MAZI AMADI: we came here to see you today because of a very important issue, you see we the elders were very happy the day you came back without bringing any white woman with you, and we have asked the king and his answer was something we can hope for, at least you are not like some princes that goes to another man’s land and marry their daughters but instead you came back so you can choose a wife from your father’s land.
They all started talking at the same time acknowledging my wish decision, but honestly I didn’t came back to Nigeria to settle down, I looked at my dad and he just smile at me, what has this old man been telling them.
AFAMEFUNA: my elders indeed you have said the right thing and I appreciate that you all sees the good part in me and my good interest in the culture of the great kingdom of Amucha.
MAZI ENYINNAYA : and that is why you are the true son of your father, a lion cannot begot a sheep.
They all agreed again to his words, I already knew the purpose of their coming, so I have to choose my word wisely.
MAZI AZUBUIKE : your father the king told us that you have been going round the village in search of a bride, you know if you are having difficulties in selecting we could help you with that.
They all burst into laughter. Are they for real, was this the reason why my father asked me to come back home.
AFAMEFUNA: I appreciate your concern but I am still looking but I will need more time to do that.
MAZI OKAFOR: you have the time to search for your bride but remember you have to produce a heir before your father the king joins his ancestors.
What is this one saying, those my father look like someone that will die soon, I didn’t want to say much I assured them that good news was on the way, they later left giving my father and I the privacy I have been waiting for.
AFAMEFUNA: father, I need some explanation.
EZE NWANYI: what explanation.
AFAMEFUNA: father don’t play dumb with me, what is all this about me getting married, have you forgotten that I still have my PhD to do, did both of us even discuss anything about marriage.
EZE NWANYI: son, you know the costume and traditions of our land, before a prince is crown as the next king he must produce an heir to the throne and that heir must be bless by the former king, your son must be bless by me before you can be the next king, do you know that.
AFAMEFUNA: I do, but why now, even at that, must I marry now, father do you know how old am I.
EZE NWANYI: you are old enough to pregnant a woman.
AFAMEFUNA: oh God, is this the reason why you asked me to come home, it wasn’t because you missed me.
EZE NWANYI : Afamefuna, I am dying.
AMARACHI POV
It has been three weeks now and things has been going well between I am Nnamdi, the other day he has given me hope with his words, I thought he could run away from me after hearing my story but instead he embraced my past and my future, and since that time I have vow not to do anything that will make me loss his friendship.
I told chiamaka about Nnamdi and she was so eager to meet him, and Emeka too has come to accept me too all thanks to Nnamdi but still I have this fear in me that this friendship will not last.
AFAMEFUNA POV
It has been three weeks since I and Amarachi has been friends, for her I am just her friend but for me she was more than that, I didn’t know what was happening to me, the thought of her brings smile to my face and joy to my heart.
To be continued..

2 Likes

Re: My Village Prince And I by skubido(m): 10:13am On Jan 19, 2019
OP this is the previous Update oooooo
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 3:03pm On Jan 19, 2019
Sequence 11
Continues from Afamefuna pov
The words of my father from the other day in the throne room kept echoing in my head.
EZE NWANYI: Afamefuna, I am dying.
My mouth was opened but no words came out.
EZE NWANYI : yes, I have cancer of the lungs.
AFAMEFUNA: whatttttt…, since when, how, I don’t understand, are you joking right now.
EZE NWANYI: no am not son.
AFAMEFUNA: then you should be flew to the best country in the world for treatment.
EZE NWANYI: son it has eaten into me too deep, I didn’t know on time.
I saw the truth in his eyes, this got me so restless but I had to be a man and not a boy.
AFAMEFUNA : for how long.
EZE NWANYI : six months now.
AFAMEFUNA: and you are just telling me now.
I couldn’t believe this was happening
AFAMEFUNA: who else knows.
EZE NWANYI: just you and my doctor, and it should remain that way.
AFAMEFUNA: what about mother, she has the right to know.
EZE NWANYI: and risk spoiling the remaining days she should be happy with me to be in tear.
My father was right, my mother won’t have stopped herself from crying knowing she could loose her husband soon.
AFAMEFUNA: how long do you have left.
EZE NWANYI : more than a year but might not be two years,
My mouth drop to the ground as I gaze at him in shock.
EZE NWANYI :now you see the reason why I want you to get married so as to have an heir.
So after the conversation I decided to do as my father says but will get married to someone I love and Amarachi is the only woman my heart beat for. Ada always comes to visit and we have been really close but still I don’t feel anything for her and I know I will never feel something more than friendship for her, I than made up my mind to tell my father that I have found the right one.
I walked to the throne room, as I entered I saw Mazi Amadi, Ada’s father getting up, I greeted him wish he responded, he excused himself and left, I sit down excitingly to tell my father the good new.
EZE NWANYI: what is making my son so happy today.
AFAMEFUNA: father I have a special news for you.
EZE NWANYI: really I too have a wonderful news for you also.
I was confused.
AFAMEFUNA: news ok father you go first, mind will come later.
EZE NWANYI: guess what.
AFAMEFUNA : what.
EZE NWANYI: I have found a suitable bride for you.
I was shocked in hearing that but still remained calm.
AFAMEFUNA: and who might she be.
EZE NWANYI : I know you will ask, it Ada, Mazi Amadi daughter.
I gaze at my father speechless.
Was my ears deceiving me or maybe I was hearing wrongly, I looked at my father smiling face just wondering what to say to him.
EZE NWANYI: are you not happy.
AFAMEFUNA: what makes you think I will be happy.
EZE NWANYI: you should be, Ada is a fine choice for you and she will make a good queen.
AFAMEFUNA: and will she make a good wife for me, father I thought I was the one making the choice not you.
EZE NWANYI: I am your father and I have the right to choose who will be the future queen of my kingdom.
AFAMEFUNA: are you being serious, wait is what both of you were discussing, father please don’t make me laugh.
EZE NWANYI: and do you think I am good with jokes.
He said angrily.
AFAMEFUNA: father with all dew respect, I am not going to marry Ada, it either you call Mr Amadi and tell him that you made a mistake in choosing his daughter or you are just in for a big disappointment.
EZE NWANYI: how dare you.
He got up and I could see him burning in rage, I too got up I really don’t like surprises.
EZE NWANYI: how dare you threaten I the great king of Amucha.
AFAMEFUNA : to the people you are the king but to me you are my father and I will tell you what’s hurts me.
My voice was now high but I didn’t care less, I was getting angry and I really didn’t know how to stop myself.
AFAMEFUNA: you have no right to discuss marriage at my back, no right to tell me when to marry and no f-----g right to tell me who to marry and that you should know.
I said walking out angrily.
EZE NWANYI: Afamefuna, you dare walk out on me.
I couldn’t care less, I roughly opened the door ignoring the call of my father, I walked passed my mother, she was surprised to see me angry and hearing my father’s voice that high, she tried to require from me what was happening but I totally ignored her and went to my room, I locked myself indoor burning in rage, well I have what they call bad temper I guess it runs in royal bloods, and when am angry if I am not careful I end up hurting others or myself, the thought of my father choosing a wife for me and ordering me to agree to it hurts me, does he see me as one of his servants, I am his son, only son and heir to the throne, no one orders me around without my approval, no one not even my father.
I opened my eyes to hear the voice of my mother calling me from my door, I must have fallen asleep, the event that happened earlier today came back to be, I looked out the window seeing it was already dark, I got up from the couch I have fallen asleep on to open the door, I walked back to the couch without looking at my mother, she sat down beside me.
LOLO AGBONMA: Afamefuna, you got me worried, I have been knocking on your door for some time now, why would you look yourself indoor and even refused to eat dinner.
AFAMEFUNA: isn’t it obvious that I don’t want to see your husband.
LOLO AGBONMA: your father.
AFAMEFUNA: whatever.
LOLO AGBONMA: Afamefuna, you know he wants the best for you.
AFAMEFUNA: seriously, if he really wants the best for me why will he then do this to me.
LOLO AGBONMA: what he is doing is for your own good, Ada is from a good home.
AFAMEFUNA: and so, does that guarantee that I must marry her.
LOLO AGBONMA: but I thought you liked her, she is always seen with you in the palace.
AFAMEFUNA: mother Ada is my friend yes, but her to be my wife I don’t even think about it, mother I want someone like you, beautiful, patient, loveable, caring, gives listening ears, elegant, every thing you can think of.
LOLO AGBONMA: and Ada is not.
AFAMEFUNA: she is not even close, she is arrogant, she doesn’t care about others, rude, you need to see the way she talks to the maids sometimes, she carries herself like a god when she is nothing, she will turn this palace into a war zone if she enters it and I don’t want that for my future.
LOLO AGBONMA: then if it not Ada who, because I don’t see any other person that matches up to her.
AFAMEFUNA: mother there is.
LOLO AGBONMA: then who, or do you have anyone in mind.
AFAMEFUNA: yes mother and she is perfect for me.
LOLO AGBONMA: who is she, what is her name.
I didn’t know if I should tell her about Amarachi knowing how people react hearing her name.
LOLO AGBONMA: Afamefuna, what is her name.
AFAMEFUNA: her name is Amarachi.
LOLO AGBONMA: Amarachi, is she from this village.
AFAMEFUNA : yes and no but she grow up here so yes she is from this village.
LOLO AGBONMA: what is her father’s name.
I hesitated, I already knew what her reaction will be but I was ready for it.
AFAMEFUNA : Amarachi Uzochi.
LOLO AGBONMA: are you talking about Uzochi and Nneka adopted daughter.
AFAMEFUNA: yes
She scream in shock, well yeah I expected that.
AFAMEFUNA: mother there is nothing wrong with her, why do you people hate her so much.
LOLO AGBONMA: shut up, shut up just shut up, this boy has kill me, hope you haven’t lay with her, tell me.
AFAMEFUNA: no mother.
LOLO AGBONMA: better for you, do you have any idea…..
She was now raising her voice.
AFAMEFUNA: mother yes I know everything about her and seriously I don’t see anything wrong with her.
LOLO AGBONMA: then you must be blind, that girl is a curse, a disappointment, an outcast, and it is an abomination to bring her into the royal family, never.
I just stare at my mother not knowing what to say to her, why is this happening, why does my heart choose someone rejected by everyone, she went on and on about how deadly it is that I am seen with her not to talk of marrying her.
AFAMEFUNA: fine, okey just fine, since no body cares about me or my happiness I accept it, there is no problem at all, everything is just perfect.
LOLO AGBONMA: Afamefuna
AFAMEFUNA: please mother, I have had enough from you this evening, I need to calm my head down and think.
LOLO AGBONMA:: you really need it, you need to think and make sure you think very well.
She said this and left, I was confused, do I really know what I am doing, even as my head tried to process the fact that they might be right yet my heart tell me otherwise.
AMARACHI POV
I woke up a little bit late this morning, I couldn’t sleep last night because of a terrible nightmare I had, I just pray it don’t come to pass, I decided not to go to fetch water today, I will be meeting with Nnamdi today and the thought of it send joy to my heart, I longed to see him, I was falling for him deeply but didn’t know if he felt same way for me.
I took the broom and began to sweep the backyard when I heard someone at the front door, I was surprised because hardly for someone to visit us and not at that hour of the day, my mother was already in the sitting room when I got there, she opened the door and I could hear a male voice asking my mother about me, she was asking what I did wrong and I could tell from her voice she was scared and worried, the voice answered her harshly, I couldn’t hear what he was saying clearly but I heard them mentioned palace, I was sacred now, hope nothing has happened to Nnamdi, they open the door forcefully pushing my mother out of the way, one of them grabbed me by my hand, then I saw their attire and knew they were guards from the palace.
GUARD : your presence is needed at the palace.
AMARACHI: what did i do, please….
But before I could finish they dragged me along with them, I saw my mother fell on the ground crying, my fear increase as I fear for the unknown, I tried to free my self but I couldn’t, they dragged me into the car and drove off, I couldn’t stop my tear from falling, please God don’t let anything happened to me, I prayed in my mind.
I didn’t know how long we drove but we got to the palace very fast, I was pulled out of the car and was taken inside, I fell on my feet as I came in contact with the king and the queen, i haven’t met them before but I can tell from the crowns on their heads.
GUARD : here she is my king.
EZE NWANYI : so you are the little brat of a curse that has the guts to come close to my son.
I wasn’t looking at him but I knew he was angry but I had not idea what he was talking about, I was shaking with fear all over me, I bow my head down as tear fall freely from my eyes.
EZE NWANYI: answer me.
AMARACHI: I…..I…your….maj…. es….ty I don’t…know…what is my offence.
I said stammering, I felt a sharp pain on my face, I cried out as I held my cheek, the queen has slapped me without me expecting it.
LOLO AGBONMA: how dare you lie to the king you pig.
I seriously had no idea what was happening, I wanted to say something when I heard a familiar voice called out father, I wasn’t mistaken, that was the voice or Nnamdi.
AFAMEFUNA POV
The men servants just finished dressing me up, I had refused breakfast that morning and choose to stay indoor, the event of yesterday was still fresh to me, I and Amarachi was seeing today at least her presence will calm my soul, Nnamdi rushed into my rooms without knocking and that was unlike him, I looked at him as I saw fear in his eyes.
NNAMDI: my prince, it Amarachi.
My heart bounce at the sound of Amarachi.
AFAMEFUNA: yes what is it.
NNAMDI: she is in the palace.
I panicked
NNAMDI: with your father, in the public sitting room.
I didn’t wait for him to finish as I rush out of my room, I didn’t know what I felt that minutes but I was going to do something stupid if they hurt her.
To be continued..

2 Likes

Re: My Village Prince And I by skubido(m): 4:43pm On Jan 20, 2019
OP tanks for the update, plz comma continue joor, why do u stop na
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 10:36pm On Jan 20, 2019
Sequence 12
Continues from Afamefuna pov
I entered to see my mother sending a slap to her face.
AFAMEFUNA: father, mother
I walked in angrily.
AFAMEFUNA: what is the meaning of this father.
EZE NWANYI-: now you listen what ever your name is, look at my son very well.
My father said to Amarachi ignoring me.
EZE NWANYI: look at him.
He shouted and she immediately looked at me, our eyes met and I could see pain, hurt and betrayal in the midst of her tear, I felt weak that intact.
EZE NWANYI: if I ever in your miserable self close to him again ever one inched, I will feed your body to the bogs and have your mother’s head.
AFAMEFUNA: father.
EZE NWANYI: do I make myself clear.
I could feel my anger boiling inside of me.
EZE NWANYI: I said do I make myself clear.
He shouted and this mede Amarachi responded in fear, she couldn’t just look up.
EZE NWANYI: now get out of my sights.
Amarachi quickly got up and took to her heels.
AFAMEFUNA: Amarachi
I chase after her but I was blocked at the door by the guards on my father’s order.
AFAMEFUNA: let me pass.
I angrily punch one of the guards but yet he didn’t move, I angrily walk up to my parents.
AFAMEFUNA: if you guys make me to loose her I swear with my life, I will never ever forgive both of you not in this life or the next.
I said this running to my room, I could hear my mother calling out to me and my father calling me names, I got to my room shutting the door I fell on the floor, her face filled with pain haunted me, it hurt so much, why will something so sweet hurt so much, I couldn’t hold back my tear it fell freely rolling down my cheek.
AMARACHI POV
I ran as my legs could carry me, I ran into the arms of my mother who was sitting at the veranda waiting for me, she took me into her arms as I pour out my heart out in tear, how should I have know he was the Prince, why will he lie to me, why will he do this to me, and why does this hurt so much, it was like I have been stab in the chest, not like I have been stab and by no other person than he that the same heart fell for.
It been two days and I found myself dying slowly, I locked myself indoor refusing to go out, the pain i felt was like the first day or ever more, I couldn’t eat or sleep, my mother has tried everything possible to cheer me up so I could eat but yet it wasn’t working, sometimes I felt for her, she was doing her best and I wasn’t helping at all but what was I to do when my heart was broken, even chiamaka came to bring me out of my room but nothing worked, she was surprised to hear what happened obviously not from me, the news has gone round the village that I was trying to seduce the prince, I wonder how people believe everything they are told.
I was in my room what I started hearing my name from outside, I knew who they were, they are no other person than Ada and are serpent, I tried to ignore them, my mother was not around, I pretended not to hear them hoping they will leave but intend I started hearing noises of broken things, fear that they might have broken something, maybe the window or something I rush out to them, as I have thought, they had used a big stone to break my mother’s window.
ADA : here comes the s--t, look at her she thinks she can take my prince from me, you have fail, you want to go and pollute the palace with your curse self.
OLUCHI : don’t mind her, she thinks the prince is her type, look at you na, shameless fool.
UGOMA : aaaa, you should go and hide your face oooo, your evil plan has failed.
It kept on like that saying all sort of things and calling me name, in a normal day I could have retaliated but today I felt weak not because I haven’t eaten for two day now but because the hurt in my heart was very much heavy for me to carry and it was weary me down.
AMARACHI: are you people done, if you are done can you kindly leave.
ADA : so you still have the mouth to talk, you are very lucky this gate is locked if not I would have come there and beat all your words out of your mouth witch, you thought your charm will work on him, but did it no…
I couldn’t believe I was with the Prince and I didn’t know, was I that dumb, the attire he putted on the firth day we met should have sold him out and his ascent but I bought his lies, how foolish of me, if I have known I wouldn’t have spent one seconds with him maybe just maybe all this wouldn’t have been happening.
AFAMEFUNA POV
AFAMEFUNA: father father.
I called out angrily at him as I walk to the private sitting room where he sat down comfortably drinking red wine, he have locked me up in the palace refusing me to go out, I so wanted to see Amarachi to explain to her, I knew she will hate me now mostly since I haven’t come to apologize or check up on her after that incident, I have made attempt to go out again but was disappointed again.
AFAMEFUNA: father am I now a prisoner in this palace.
He pretended I wasn’t talking to him as he continue drinking his wine
AFAMEFUNA: father am talking to you.
EZE NWANYI : ohhh Afamefuna, why are you disturbing my rest.
AFAMEFUNA: father you have kept me in this palace for good two days now, I want to f-----g go out.
EZE NWANYI: you will be in this palace still you know your place in this kingdom, I thought you think you are higher than me.
AFAMEFUNA: why are you doing this to me, why, what have I done to deserve this, is it a crime to love tell me.
EZE NWANYI: it is mostly when you are in love with the wrong person.
AFAMEFUNA: father please stop doing this to me, I can’t take it.
EZE NWANYI: then free yourself and marry Ada.
AFAMEFUNA: I can’t marry her, I don’t want to marry her, father please.
EZE NWANYI : until you realize that Ada is the best for you till then you are going to remain in this palace.
What was I to do, this man that calls himself my father just won’t bend, I angrily or should I say sadly went to my room, I sat on the bed and just allowed the tear to flow again, that has been my daily routine for two days now.
NNAMDI: my prince
AFAMEFUNA: please just go away, I want to be left alone.
NNAMDI : my prince, I can take you to Amarachi if you want.
I looked up at him in shock.
AFAMEFUNA: are you serious, and how.
NNAMDI: though the king owns the palace we the servants controls it, I can sneak you out and in without your father and mother even the servants that are not supposed to know finds out.
I looked at him not knowing what to say.
AFAMEFUNA: why will you want to help me.
NNAMDI: I know I have never been in love but my prince seeing you go through all this just to be with someone you love made me want to help.
I was speechless, I just stare at him.
NNAMDI: but it will be in the night, so I will come and call you when all coast is clear, I will leave now
He turned to leave
AFAMEFUNA: Nnamdi
He turned back to me.
NNAMDI: yes my prince
AFAMEFUNA: thank you.
He smile and left, I was overwhelmed with joy, at last I get to make my love Amarachi I just pray nothing goes wrong, I sat down as I waited patiently for night fall.
To be continued..

3 Likes

Re: My Village Prince And I by Ann2012(f): 5:38am On Jan 21, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by skubido(m): 9:42am On Jan 21, 2019
Tanks for the update OP
Re: My Village Prince And I by perfect25(m): 9:04am On Jan 23, 2019
still waiting for update please hurry up
Re: My Village Prince And I by Kaycee9242(m): 4:18pm On Jan 23, 2019
wow op well done, this is a very nice piece
Re: My Village Prince And I by Kaycee9242(m): 4:20pm On Jan 23, 2019
wow op well done for this very nice story. keep the update coming
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 7:24pm On Jan 23, 2019
Sequence 13
AMARACHI POV
I was in the room laying on my bed, I have tried to sleep but yet sleep has been an enemy to me for the pass two days, the event that happened this afternoon brought tear again to my eyes as I remembered the insults and all the harsh words that Ada and her friends told me, no one wants to hear the side of my story, I held my pillow closer to me as I cried, I heard a soft knock on my door, I knew it was my mother.
AMARACHI: mama
NNEKA: Amarachi, please come out, someone wants to see you.
AMARACHI: who
NNEKA: it a message from the Prince.
I was shocked, a message from the Prince, so the only thing he would do after two days of silence was to send a massager, well since he sent a message I too have a message that should be delivered to him, I got up angrily and headed to the sitting room only to be met with no other person than the Prince himself.
AFAMEFUNA POV
Night fall came and as Nnamdi has promised, he came to my room to call me, he was putting on a simple wear of jeans and a t-shirt I too was putting on same, he took me quietly to a little corridor I never knew existed in the palace, not long we came out of a small door, he opened it and we were at the back of the palace, we met a guard there, he quickly opened the gate, I passed out and Nnamdi said something to him before coming out too, the gate was closed, we were at the back of the palace, the street was dark and lonely that I wonder how are we going to walk through in the night, he told me to follow him which I did, we walk for about five minutes without saying a word, just when I was feeling tired I saw a light ahead of us, I later found out it was a car light, we entered and the driver drove off, I was surprised with how Nnamdi arranged everything, really they controls the palace, I keep on wondering how Amarachi will react if she sees me, I just pray she gives me a listening ear.
We got to a place and he told us to get down, and ordered the driver to wait, I followed him and in no time we got to a house I couldn’t tell how it looks like because it was dark.
NNAMDI: this is where Amarachi lives.
I could hear my heart beating fast as I knocked at the door, Nnamdi was watching out for me, I knocked some countless times before an elderly voice answered from inside.
VOICE: who is that.
AFAMEFUNA: my name is Afamefuna, I want to see Amarachi, please, tell her Nnamdi from the palace wants to talk to her.
The door cracked open and I came face to face with an elderly woman, I think she is her mother, I eyes grew wide in shock when she saw me, guess she knows me.
NNEKA: my prince what are you doing here.
AFAMEFUNA: please can I come in.
NNEKA: sure
She opened the door wide for me to enter, the sitting room was small but nice.
AFAMEFUNA: please,am very sorry to disturb your sleep but I really had to see Amarachi.
NNEKA: it not a problem but it’s was risky you know.
AFAMEFUNA: I know but I didn’t come alone.
NNEKA: no problem, but I don’t think she will like to see you.
AFAMEFUNA: just help me tell her that a messenger from the palace is here to see her.
She nodded and went inside, I waited patiently for her, she came back few minutes later, not long Amarachi came out, I could see the shock in her eyes which seem she has been crying, we both stared at each other without saying a word.
NNEKA: I will leave you two to talk.
She walked out leaving both of us.
Her voice was harsh but I can’t blame her.
AFAMEFUNA: Amarachi, please am sorry.
AMARACHI: did you come all the way from your palace to tell me that now after two days.
AFAMEFUNA : you won’t understand, I really wanted to come see you but my father won’t let me out, it was with the help of Nnamdi that I was able to sneak out this night.
AMARACHI: so Nnamdi was never your name.
AFAMEFUNA: Amarachi, no, no
AMARACHI: why did you have to lie.
AFAMEFUNA: Amarachi, from the first day I saw you I was so attracted to me, and when you didn’t recognize me as the Prince I just thought I could make a friend without any formality you know. I never meant any harm.
AMARACHI: you never did but yet harmful things has happened this pass days.
AFAMEFUNA: am sorry, you have no idea how I have been this pass days I have been going crazy, a life without you is like nothing at all, I missed you Amarachi.
I could see her calming down, I move closer to her taking her hands.
AFAMEFUNA: I don’t know but with you I find rest, you are the only thing that matters to me, I will do anything to be with you, you don’t know how much you meant to me, I don’t care what people say about you, I don’t want to know, the most important thing is being with you.
We were both crying now.
AMARACHI: Nnamdi, my prince, its not easy as you say.
AFAMEFUNA: then we will make it easy, lets try.
She removed her hands from mind.
AMARACHI: we can’t please.
I tried to move forward to her but she stepped back.
AMARACHI: my prince, we are from two different path, and nothing can bring us together.
AFAMEFUNA: can we just try.
AMARACHI: stop it, stop, go home and pretend you never met me.
My heart broke in thousand pieces when she said that.
AFAMEFUNA: Amarachi please.
AMARACHI: forget about me and move on, forget about what we thought we had, it’s not going to work, I don’t want to see you again.
She turned to leave.
AFAMEFUNA: Amarachi I love you.
She stopped.
AFAMEFUNA: can’t you see you are my life, i love you Amarachi with everything, please don’t do this to me, to us.
AMARACHI: there was nothing like us from the start.
She said this and ran inside I so wanted to go after her but my leg just couldn’t move.
AFAMEFUNA: Amarachi, Amarachi, I love you, please, shitttttt.
Nneka came back in.
NNEKA: give her time, she is hurt now, but she will come around.
AFAMEFUNA: then I will wait ma’am, I will.
I thanked her and headed my way, the words of Amarachi was like a gunshot to my heart, the pain I felt just increased to thousands, but I vow to fight for this feeling I have for her even if it means giving out my crown.
Morning came, I didn’t even know I was able to sleep after the visit at Amarachi house, I remembered her word again and the hurt I thought had gone resurface again, I was so confused and angry at my parents for putting me through this pain, I needed to stay away for some time so I will be able to give Amarachi some space just as her mother had advised but where will I go because I don’t know anywhere around Nigeria, just then I remembered Victor, the one that picked me up from the airport when I arrived Nigeria, he had given me his number and I have totally forgotten about him, I opened the shaff that is at the right side of the bed and started going through my files, I checked for almost five minutes before I found it, I gave out a sign of relief dialing the number I stood up, on the fourth ring he picked.
VICTOR: Good morning, Victor on the line, who am I speaking with please.
AFAMEFUNA: Good morning, you are speaking with prince Afamefuna from Amucha kingdom.
VICTOR : Good morning my prince, wow, wasn’t expecting your call this morning.
AFAMEFUNA: sorry about that, hope I am not disturbing.
VICTOR: not at all, you called me, hope there is no problem.
AFAMEFUNA: no there is not, Victor.
VICTOR : yes my prince.
AFAMEFUNA: I need your help please.
Nnamdi has helped me to arrange some clothes in a small bag, I have told him all of my plans, he refused at first but later agreed to help after much begging, yes I had to beg him, Victor had agreed for me to come spend some time at his place, I told him everything and he too was disappointed in my parents, he had help me to buy my ticket online and my flight was set to live in two hours time, I wrote a letter and dropped it at my bed before heading out, as usual I took the back door, though it was already 11 am, the street was still quite, I entered the taxi that drove us to Amarachi’s house yesterday night and he drove away.
I look back at the palace and remembered what I have wrote to my parents.
DEAR FATHER AND MOTHER.
I HAVE THOUGHT COMING BACK HOME WILL BE A GOOD START TO BE CLOSE TO YOU BOTH BUT I WAS WRONG, NOW I WANT TO BE FAR AWAY FROM BOTH OF YOU AS YOU HAVE BOTH HURT ME IN MANY WAYS, SINCE WHEN I WAS A CHILD I HAVE AWAY DONE WHAT EVER YOU BOTH WANT AND FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I HAVE CHOOSE MY LIFE BUT YET WAS DISAPPOINTED BY YOU TWO. I HAVE GONE FAR AWAY, NEEDED TO BE AWAY FROM PEOPLE THAT DOESN’T CARE ABOUT MY FEELINGS, DON’T BE SURPRISED HOW I LEFT OR TRY TO FIND OUT HOW BECAUSE YOU WILL NEVER KNOW, AMARACHI WHO WAS THE ONLY REASON I WOULD WANT TO STAY HAVE TURNED HER BACK TOO BECAUSE YOU PEOPLE GAVE NO CHOICE, BUT I WILL BE BACK NOT FOR YOU BUT FOR HER, FATHER, MOTHER DON’T BOTHER TO LOOK FOR ME BECAUSE IF YOU DO I WILL BE FORCE TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY AND NEVER RETURN, IT IS BETTER THIS WAY BECAUSE I RATHER BE FAR FROM BOTH OF YOU THAN STAYING WITH BOTH OF YOU AND END UP HATING YOU TWO.
I look out of the car window, I was going to miss Amarachi but I knew I will be back to take her with me, I pray they don’t hold Nnamdi for my disappearance.
To be continued

2 Likes

Re: My Village Prince And I by Kaycee9242(m): 6:35am On Jan 24, 2019
chai what a life, it will be tough for the prince and amarachi to be together. op thanks for the update, pls if it will be possible be telling us the days to expect updates thanks.
Re: My Village Prince And I by perfect25(m): 7:44am On Jan 24, 2019
Kaycee9242:
pls if it will be possible be telling us the days to expect updates thanks.
thanks for d update
Re: My Village Prince And I by boomssey(f): 6:05pm On Jan 24, 2019
Happy New year! I was almost giving up on this story but anyways thanks for the update.
Re: My Village Prince And I by Ann2012(f): 6:47pm On Jan 24, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by skubido(m): 10:00am On Jan 30, 2019
OP how far na
Re: My Village Prince And I by Kaycee9242(m): 10:26am On Jan 30, 2019
op when are we expecting update
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 8:45pm On Feb 01, 2019
MY VILLAGE PRINCE AND I Sequence 14
AMARACHI POV
It has been a week and still no sign of Afamefuna the Prince, I heard he ran away from the palace after the night he came to my house, I felt a little guilty because I totally shut him out when you came to me, but what was I to do, I was confused and scared at that time even now I still feel that fear for the unknown, I missed him so much and it’s just draw on me now that I love him so much, I hope he is fine and doing well and I hope he comes back even if not to me but to his family who are so worried about him, they had sent some guards to my house when they discovered he was not in the palace, well they didn’t give us much trouble and I wonder why.
I took my time to prepare lunch, I served my mother her part of the food, setting it in on the center table, she just came back from the women’s meeting and am so surprise she is asking for food when it is bearly 2pm.
NNEKA: are you not eating with me.
AMARACHI: no mama, it’s still early for me I will eat later.
NNEKA: okey.
I left her and went into my room, I laid on my bed going through a novel tittle Sins of my part by Osamudiamen joy when I heard the call of my mother, I quickly ran out because of the tone in which she called me, I came out to see my mother on her knees holding her stomach in pain, I rush to her side worried.
AMARACHI: mama, mama what is it, mama.
NNEKA: the food, the food is poisoned.
AMARACHI: how can you say that mama, I prepared this food my self, okey let me taste it.
I reached forward to touch the food but my mother grabbed my hand at same time fell to the floor, I was already crying now.
NNEKA: no, don’t
She said within her pain.
AMARACHI: some body help
I shouted trying to get the attention of any body.
NNEKA: Amarachi,listen to me, you need to leave this village right now, please my daughter , you ……need …….go.
AMARACHI: mama please
NNEKA: Amarachi, I will always be with you and don’t forget to be strong ok.
AMARACHI: mama stop saying this let me go and get help.
I ran outside screaming for help, I even ran towards the street and luckily for me I saw three young boys older then me coming to my direction, i ran towards them taking one by the hand.
AMARACHI: please come and help my mother, she is dying.
FIRST BOY: where.
AMARACHI: my house
SECOND BOY: what are we waiting for, let’s go.
We all ran to the house on getting there I saw my mother on the floor motionless and blood coming out from her mouth. I frown at my spot not knowing what to do, I feared for the worst, the second boy went over her to examine her, his face told me the answer I was not ready to hear, I fell on my mother lifeless body shouting and crying in pain, this cannot be happening to me, she can’t leave me like this not when I needed her now.
THIRD BOY: she was poisoned, who prepared this food.
I turned sharply at the boy.
AMARACHI : I prepared the food ooo, I did ooo
SECOND BOY: you killed her.
I was taken back by his words, what was he saying.
AMARACHI: nooooo, I didn’t, I prepared the food and she said she was hungry, I only served her oooo, how can you say I killed my own mother.
FIRST BOY: shut up, you killed her and you must hang for this.
I thought they were properly joking but from their faces I knew they were not, I tried to defend myself but got a slap that silent me.
They called for the attention of the villagers, by this time I have been beaten up and made to sit on the ground outside my house surrounded by angry villagers, only few had pity on me as I saw it clearly on their faces, some elders was inside my house, I was weak from the beaten I had received from the youths, I didn’t know what will happen to me but I knew I was in for something I never bargained for, the elders came out with a sorrowful look followed by some youths carrying my mother’s corpse, I couldn’t stop the tear as I saw her that way, someone that was full of life few hours ago, who would have known that she will leave me so soon and I will be accused of killing her.
I was dragged to the kings palace ordered that was made by the elders, I sat on the floor of the palace compound, some of the villagers mostly the youths were present at the palace, I was already losing a lot of strength as I was trying to stay awake, the elders had gone inside to meet the king, and I know it’s to discuss my fate, I didn’t care more if I die because there was obviously nothing I was living for.
The king, the queen and the elders came out all looking emotionless.
VILLAGERS: igwe
They all greeted him which he reciprocated by waving his hand at them.
EZE NWANYI: my people, I have heard from the chiefs what happened but I want to hear from the three witnesses.
FIRST BOY : igwe may you live long, my name is Uche, and I am the youths leader, I was just made the youth leader three months ago, it was this evening I was walking with my friend here Ogorchukwu and Uzo.
He said pointing at the boys standing at his right and left hand side.
UCHE: when we heard a shout from her house we rush there only to see her carrying her bag properly trying to run away, she was scared when she saw us, and when we asked her if everything was okay she said yes.
I couldn’t believe what my ears was hearing, this isn’t what happened and right there realization draw on me, I have been framed, now I know why my mother told me to leave the village, I shouted in horror not knowing what to say.
MAZI AMADI: will you shut up and let them finish, witch.
I was silent dying in my own pain.
UCHE : out of curiosity Uzo went inside to check only to come out to tell us that there was a dead body in the sitting room, it was later we discovered that the woman was poisoned and by her.
The villagers started wailing and throwing insults on me.
EZE NWANYI: so you kill someone that took you in and treated you as her own daughter to gain what.
AMARACHI: igwe I didn’t kill her.
EZE NWANYI: shut up, right from the day you were born I knew you will bring nothing good with you only death, thank the gods your plans didn’t work towards my son, for this you have done this is my judgment, in Amucha kingdom we all known the laws, who ever that takes a life, his or her life will be taken so I here by condemn her to death this intact., guards take her away.
At the mention of the King’s order, I could see many of the villagers jubilating while some wore a sorrowful look, I was taken by the guards deep down into the forest, the villagers followed us for a while singing jubilating in igbo song, the song was talking about evil doer meeting their end, they were sent back by the guards when they got to the entrance of the forest.
I couldn’t say or explained what I felt that moment, why was life so unfair to me, all my life this people have hatred me for no reason, even when I have tried to be nice and try to stay away from trouble, oh my mother, they took my mother from me, my only strength, What will Afamefuna think of me when he hears I killed my mother, I wasn’t crying because I was going to die but to die in an horrible way for something i didn’t do was the painful part.
When we ( the four guards and I) got to a big tree, one of the biggest tree I have ever seen that its branches spread all over the sky covering everywhere within it reach, red rope was tied surrounding it creating a bondage, the guards stopped taking green leave from one of the guards, they putted it on each of their mouths, I looked at the tree that was just few steps away from us, there was something strange about this place that was when I saw blood shattered all over the root of the tree, that was when I knew I had reach the place I will be kill.
To be continued..

2 Likes

Re: My Village Prince And I by skubido(m): 10:59pm On Feb 01, 2019
Tanks for the update

Been a while, hope all is well
Re: My Village Prince And I by Megamercy(m): 9:03am On Feb 02, 2019
Nice story, thanks for the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by Ann2012(f): 11:02am On Feb 02, 2019
Thanks for the update

Hopefully Amarachi will be saved
Re: My Village Prince And I by iamgprince: 11:23am On Feb 02, 2019
This world eee
Re: My Village Prince And I by Kaycee9242(m): 1:20pm On Feb 02, 2019
chai this their love really came with pains. op well done
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 4:05pm On Feb 07, 2019
MY VILLAGE PRINCE AND I Sequence 15
AMARACHI POV Continue
How did my life turned out like this, I knew I never had a carefree life but it was better than this, with my mother gone and me at the mercy of death, I cursed my creator for bringing me into this word, I would have prefer to have died with my mother in the forest than the life I had to pass through, I have stopped crying sitting on the ground just staring at the big tree where my life will soon end as one of the guard which I think is their leader did some incantations, when he was done he ordered them to take me up as we get prepare to enter the sacred place, I knew this was it, in my mind I said goodbye to this world of pain and sorrow.
Just as we were about to cross to the other side of the red rope, someone called out to one of the guard this brought all of us to an halt, I turned to see Nnamdi and one other guard running towards us, I didn’t know where it came from but I felt a little hope inside of me.
GUARD LEADER: what news have you brought that you had to disturb the ritual, it better be good.
He said a bit angry.
NNAMDI: Am sorry if I disturbed it but I had to, please you really don’t want to kill her do you.
GUARD LEADER: and whats your business with that, we are carrying the kings order and you have no right to stop it.
NNAMDI: do you have any idea who this girl is.
GUARD LEADER: and why do I care
NNAMDI: you should because maybe just maybe by this time next year or the other your head and that of your family will join her.
GUARD LEADER: what do you mean by that.
NNAMDI: you all know that this girl here has found favour in the eyes of the prince, the king is king today but the prince will be tomorrow, what will happened to you when he later found out that you carry out the ritual after the king has pass the judgment.
GUARD LEADER: are you telling me to defile the kings order.
NNAMDI: am telling you to save your head and that of your families, not only you but also your men.
GUARD LEADER: do you have any idea what the king will do to us if he finds out she is still alive.
NNAMDI: not when she disappear from this land, please does she look like someone that could hurt a fly.
They all looked at me, my heart was beating fast now as I pray God touch the guard leader heart so he will agree to let me go.
GUARD LEADER: if I do this you are owning me big time.
NNAMDI: I know.
GUARD LEADER : this will be a secret to all of us, no one is to say a word to the king or anyone else, are we clear.
The other guards agreed.
NNAMDI: thank you very much, I will take it from here.
The guard leader nodded and left with the rest guards, Nnamdi and the guard that came with him rush to my side to help me up, Immediately I let out the tear I have been holding inside, I couldn’t believe I was alive, I won’t die today.
NNAMDI: stop crying, you are safe now, thank God I came here on time.
AMARACHI: thank you so much, God will bless the both of you.
NNAMDI: this is Ebube, he was the one that call me to give me the information because I was not in the palace, I was sent to carry out some errands for the palace, I had to leave what I was doing to rush down here, thank God I wasn’t that far if not I wouldn’t have made it.
EBUBE: I thank God that you are safe now, Chiamaka is my cousin sister, she called me and told me that you are her friend and begged me to get in contact to the prince, I did the only thing that came to my mind by calling Nnamdi because he alone was closer to the prince.
I was so surprise in hearing this, I didn’t see Chiamaka all through the event of the day thinking she was disappointed in me and have turned her back on me, little did I know she was fighting for my life behind my back.
AMARACHI: help me to say thank you to her, I will forever be indebted to her.
EBUBE: yes I will, she will be so happy to know you are alive.
NNAMDI : but you cannot stay in this village, take this.
He brought a small bag and gave it to me.
NNAMDI : there are some food and money in there, and you will fine an envelope, it content the house address of the prince.
My eyes grew in shock
NNAMDI : yes I know where he is, he gave me the address before he left, I have send him a message through his email about your arrival I pray he receive it, but we can’t be waiting for that so you have to go to the city to look for him, I know you will be fine once you get to him.
I nodded in agreement because I was speechless.
NNAMDI: now change into this.
He said giving me a small bag, I took the bag while they walk a little distance backing me, I quickly change to a jeans trouser and a blue top with a black shoe( sneakers), I took the scarf that was inside the bag too and called out to them.
NNAMDI : like this people will not recognize you, use the scarfs to cover your head and face.
I did as he said covering my head in a Muslims style.
NNAMDI : you will come out with us, our car is parked outside the forest, we will take you out of the village, you will find your way from there, follow the discretion in the envelop okey.
I nodded
NNAMDI : Good now left go, you will be fine okey.
We got outside, they check for passerby and found none so I quickly went into the car, they did same and drove off, through out the ride Nnamdi kept giving me more details about my journey, in not less then ten minutes we got to the entrance of the kingdom, he parked telling me he was dropping me here, I thanked both of them because I didn’t have much to say, they wished me good luck and I came down from the car which drove away back into the kingdom, I knew my way to the car park so getting a bus wasn’t a problem.
I couldn’t believe I was heading to Lagos, a place I never dreamt I will go, I have heard a lot about the city of how big and dangerous she is from my mother, oh mother, as kind heartened she was yet they decided to kill her that way, they didn’t even give me the chance to pay my last respect to her, but I pray she rest in peace, yes in peace because she deserved it, I walk to the motor park as tear fall down from my eyes, Lagos here I come and I pray I find the prince.
AFAMEFUNA POV
I don’t know but I saw myself taking the next flight to Imo state, I woke up that morning not feeling at ease, I just wanted to be in the village, even Victor was surprised of my sudden decision, talking about Victor, Victor has been a great host to me, he has been doing everything possible to make me comfortable in his house, he is an assistant manager in one of the big company in Lagos state Nigeria, he is single but has a fiancee who he is planning on getting married to very soon and am looking forward to it, I booked a flight from Lagos to Imo state and in no time I was in Imo state, I took a taxi headed straight to Amarachi house, I don’t know but I needed to see her first before seeing anyone just to know how she is fairing.
This past days hasn’t been easy for me, I barely slept that I need some sleeping drugs to take me to the wonder land, Victor was also disappointed in my father when he heard what happened but there was nothing he could do, he wanted to call his father Chife Enyinnaya but I stopped him because doing that will be telling my father where I was and I didn’t want that, he told me that they were worried about me because he heard it from his father how the palace was taking my disappearance.
I got to Amarachi house and came down asking the driver to wait, I knocked at the small gate several times but no one answered, maybe they were not around, I will definitely come back to check, I was about leaving when I sighted a young girl maybe below eighteen years coming towards my way, she immediately greeted me when she saw me, I doubt if she knew I was the prince.
GIRL : Good afternoon sir.
AFAMEFUNA: you too,
Sorry but I wanted to ask, do you by any chance saw this woman and her daughter this morning, have been knocking but it seem they are not around.
GIRL: is the woman related to you.
AFAMEFUNA: no, the daughter is my friend.
GIRL: ohhh so sorry but the woman died yesterday afternoon.
AFAMEFUNA: whatttt
I was shocked to my bone.
AFAMEFUNA: what about the daughter.
GIRL : from what I heard ooo, the daughter was the one that killed the mother.
A cold wind suddenly pass through me, did I hear very well or what.
AFAMEFUNA: please come again.
GIRL: I said the girl killed her mother, is it not Amarachi you are talking about.
I nodded, weak to speak.
GIRL: yes na.
AFAMEFUNA: and Amarachi, where is she.
GIRL : I can see you are a stranger in this village, in this village who ever killed someone will also be killed, the judgment was passed by the igwe yesterday.
To be continued..
Don't forget to invite peeps to also read with you.. Thanks..

3 Likes

Re: My Village Prince And I by Kaycee9242(m): 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2019
hmmm the story is becoming tensed. op well done
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 7:05pm On Feb 11, 2019
MY VILLAGE PRINCE AND I Sequence 16
AMARACHI POV
I must confess Lagos is big and beautiful, even more than I have heard, it was a long night journey from my village to the city of Lagos, it wasn’t a comfortable journey as the bus was overloaded but who am I to complain, I finally got down from the bus as the driver announced our arrival, it was a big motor park with lot of people, some hawking all type of things to passersby, driver and conductors shouting from different angle to get passengers, there were stores where food and other things where sold, I was immediately hungry at the sight of food, I haven’t had anything to eat since yesterday event, even as I wasn’t to eat so badly I needed to focus on the most important thing, I took the small school bag from my back and began to search for the envelop Nnamdi talked about, after searching for a short time I found it, I opened it and saw an address written on it, after reading the content I decided to ask anyone for direction, after I succeeded in crossing to the other side of the road where buses are lined up, I asked a man after greeting him but he didn’t know the place, I decided to ask a bus driver.
I was walking directly to a driver i spotted close to a bus when suddenly a bus drove roughly towards me, in fear I jumped trying to miss the bus so i wouldn’t be hit by it, I landed on a little pool of dirty water on the ground, using my two hands to warge myself from falling completely in the water.
People rain insult at the driver as some young men helped me up, even the driver came to apologise, I cleaned myself up assuring them I was okey, just than I discovered the piece of paper that the address to Prince Afamefuna was no longer with me, I search my bag hoping to see it but I didn’t, that was when reality draw on me that I have misplaced the only hope I had.
AFAMEFUNA POV
I couldn’t tell how I felt, in as much as what the girl was saying sounds true yet I choose not to believe it maybe its just another rumour going round the village, I rush into the taxi telling him to head for the palace, this to me was a joke or a game, in as much as I try to warp my head on the fact that Amarachi and her mother was dead yet it doesn’t just add up, if she committed murder then she should be handed to the police, my father is a civilian man, he couldn’t do what the girl said he did.
I got to the palace gate, after I paid the driver, I collected his number, well don’t really know why but I just felt I might need it, I took my small bag and headed for the gate and knock, the guard answered from the other side.
GUARD: who is that.
AFAMEFUNA: open the gate.
GUARD: who.
AFAMEFUNA: are you going to keep me here or you want my father to have your head.
I was rude yes but I wasn’t myself that minutes as I was still reprocessing what the girl told me and I needed to find answers.
The gate immediately opened revealing the guard, he was shocked to see me and immediately bow to greet him I walk pass him not responding to his greeting, one of the guard ran inside maybe to tell my father of my arrival, I could see confusion and shock all over their faces, Nnamdi run out to meet me.
NNAMDI: my prince, my prince, you are here.
AFAMEFUNA: Nnamdi not now.
I walked pass him into the sitting room only to see my mother at the entrance, she was surprised and excited to see me as she hug me but I didn’t hug back.
LOLO AGBONMA: my son, you are back ooo my son, where have you been.
AFAMEFUNA: mother where is father.
LOLO AGBONMA: are you alright, what is it.
AFAMEFUNA: where is father.
LOLO AGBONMA: in the throne room with the elders.
I walked straight to the throne room with my mother tagging along asking questions I was ignoring, I didn’t have time for her this minutes, I got to the throne room and the guard opened the door for me, I entered interrupting my father speech, the whole chiefs was shocked to see me even my father who immediately stood up from his throne.
EZE NWANYI: my son, you came back.
AFAMEFUNA: father where is Amarachi.
I could see the shock and disappointment in his eyes but I don’t care, as I stare face to face with him waiting for an answer.
EZE NWANYI: are you out of your mind, is that how you greet your father and the elders.
AFAMEFUNA: do you really think I f**king care about some stupid greeting right now, I asked where is Amarachi.
This time I was shouting, I couldn’t just hold myself anymore as I was boiling in anger.
MAZI AMADI : my prince why don’t you calm down.
He said standing up.
AFAMEFUNA : and who are you to interfere when am talking to my father, you stay out of this, this is between I and him.
EZE NWANYI: Afamefuna.
He shouted
AFAMEFUNA: father, is what am hearing true, tell me.
EZE NWANYI: what ever you heard about that witch is true, she committed an abomination.
AFAMEFUNA: and you asked that she should be killed.
EZE NWANYI: that is our tradition.
AFAMEFUNA: she is dead?
Everyone went silent.
AFAMEFUNA: Answer me, is she dead.
I prayed in my mind that they shouldn’t tell me yes, I was boiling in anger, I didn’t know what I will do if it’s true.
EZE NWANYI: yes
The world stopped, even my heart beat stopped, I went still, only my brain was working trying to process what I just heard, was I in shock yes, a big one, now it was all coming to me, Amarachi is dead, she is dead, dead and gone.
LOLO AGBONMA: Afamefuna she broke the law and had to pay for it.
I looked at my mother, trying to pick what she was saying, my body, my heart were all falling apart.
AFAMEFUNA: Amarachi is dead.
It was more like I was trying to force myself to believe that, that minutes I couldn’t breath anymore, it was more like all the air flew away from me, I tried to breath in air but no air came through.
AFAMEFUNA: I ca…n’t breath.
I managed to say, my mother rushed to my side but I fell down before she could get to me, I heard voices calling out to me as I went into darkness.
TBC

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Free E-books Download! / Online Writing Jobs You Should Do Today / Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 206
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.