Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Urgent Help! Please Are Pillars Compulsorily Needed For Parapet Castings? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Urgent Help! Please Are Pillars Compulsorily Needed For Parapet Castings? (968 Views)

Black Metcopo & Ivory White Aluminum For Parapet / High Quality And Affordable Polysterene Parapet For Your Roof / 3 Bedroom Bungalow. Parapet, Roofing, Etc.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help! Please Are Pillars Compulsorily Needed For Parapet Castings? by Firmwealth(m): 9:55am On Sep 18, 2018
Good day nairalanders. Please I need your urgent assistance.

(1) I am currently on my building project but my concern is I like to use parapet wall round the top but I was contemplating if it is compulsory to have or use pillars round the house to support the parapet?

(2) Also, I learnt there is a new pre-cast parapet that will just have to be fixed and held with mortal rather than the first method. Please which is better? And if I want to use this pre-cast parapet, do I still need to use pillars as well?

(3) I saw a just completed building in my same street with parapet wall round it but there was no single pillar anywhere the building and I was wondering how the parapet could stand. Will this not lead to structural defect or side effect later in future?

Kindly help me explain to details in your response to the above three questions.

Your timely response will do me a great favour.

Thanks
Re: Urgent Help! Please Are Pillars Compulsorily Needed For Parapet Castings? by Mostfavoured010(m): 10:19am On Sep 18, 2018
Okay
Re: Urgent Help! Please Are Pillars Compulsorily Needed For Parapet Castings? by Firmwealth(m): 11:09am On Sep 18, 2018
Mostfavoured010:
Okay
I need solution to my questions to enable me do the needful here before it's too late.
Re: Urgent Help! Please Are Pillars Compulsorily Needed For Parapet Castings? by Hafeexla(m): 12:04pm On Sep 18, 2018
Firmwealth:
I need solution to my questions to enable me do the needful here before it's too late.
You would need round beam instead of pillar around the house, and i think you should the people who construct paraphet or use a help of a qualified engineer.
Re: Urgent Help! Please Are Pillars Compulsorily Needed For Parapet Castings? by Firmwealth(m): 1:40pm On Sep 18, 2018
Hafeexla:
You would need round beam instead of pillar around the house, and i think you should the people who construct paraphet or use a help of a qualified engineer.
Round Beam? The way the plan is, there is no round beam except for the entrance foyer with four round beam.

The other part of the building like the left hand side, right hand side, and the rear view is what I am asking if there is need to cast pillar at a regular interval between the blocks for the parapet or I should not worry
Re: Urgent Help! Please Are Pillars Compulsorily Needed For Parapet Castings? by Rayd502(m): 5:50pm On Jun 09, 2020
pls who can help with this question?I really need answers too.

(1) (Reply)

Distress Sale At Apo - Abuja(Sold) / ok / 2 Plots Of Land With COFO At Pedro, Off Plamgrove For 27m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.