Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Xbox 360 Controller Stick Drift Problem - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Xbox 360 Controller Stick Drift Problem (1682 Views)

Xbox 360 Controller For Sale / Drift Hunters Unblocked [WTF] – Play Game For Free / Xbox 360 Controller Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xbox 360 Controller Stick Drift Problem by donvalo(m): 9:56am On Sep 19, 2018
Plz anyone has any ideal how to fix stick drift on xbox 360 wired controller just bought the controller to enable play some games without going through the stress of using K&M and few days later discovered d stick drift issue, went back to change it and again the new one developed the same issue. I cant go back to change it again as it seems its a problem exclusive to all batch of newly produced 360 controller for PC in market. Plz if anyone as an ideal on how to fix it at least for now cos i knw say last last na e go still pack up. Thanks
Re: Xbox 360 Controller Stick Drift Problem by Mckandre(m): 1:47pm On Sep 21, 2018
get the uresef the original wireless 360pad nd thank me later
Re: Xbox 360 Controller Stick Drift Problem by sundaygray(m): 5:29am On Sep 29, 2018
donvalo:
Plz anyone has any ideal how to fix stick drift on xbox 360 wired controller just bought the controller to enable play some games without going through the stress of using K&M and few days later discovered d stick drift issue, went back to change it and again the new one developed the same issue. I cant go back to change it again as it seems its a problem exclusive to all batch of newly produced 360 controller for PC in market. Plz if anyone as an ideal on how to fix it at least for now cos i knw say last last na e go still pack up. Thanks

First things first, you'll have to go online and check how to open up your controller. The reason for the drift is the potentiometer (inside the analog stick) open up the controller then open the analog box, there are two potentiometer for each analog (2 for the left analog stick and also 2 for....) the potentiometer at the top controls left and right movements while the one the side controls up and down movements. So check the direction your pad is drifting to and fix the potentiometer simultaneously by cleaning it with alcohol(BE VERY CAREFUL, THE POTENTIOMETER IS VERY FRAGILE! HOLD IT LIKE A TINY EGG! MAKE SURE YOU WATCH A YOUTUBE VIDEO ON HOW TO CHANGE OR CLEAN A POTENTIOMETER) , also clean the space the potentiometer came out from... Better yet if you have an old ps2 pad, just open it up and use it's potentiometer to replace your own.
Re: Xbox 360 Controller Stick Drift Problem by donvalo(m): 11:10pm On Sep 29, 2018
sundaygray:

First things first, you'll have to go online and check how to open up your controller. The reason for the drift is the potentiometer (inside the analog stick) open up the controller then open the analog box, there are two potentiometer for each analog (2 for the left analog stick and also 2 for....) the potentiometer at the top controls left and right movements while the one the side controls up and down movements. So check the direction your pad is drifting to and fix the potentiometer simultaneously by cleaning it with alcohol(BE VERY CAREFUL, THE POTENTIOMETER IS VERY FRAGILE! HOLD IT LIKE A TINY EGG! MAKE SURE YOU WATCH A YOUTUBE VIDEO ON HOW TO CHANGE OR CLEAN A POTENTIOMETER) , also clean the space the potentiometer came out from... Better yet if you have an old ps2 pad, just open it up and use it's potentiometer to replace your own.

Thanks Boss I wud try ur suggestion. I av opened d controller and anytime I open d controller and test d analog stick. it works perfectly well....but on putting it together again it works for a few period and start drifting again....
Re: Xbox 360 Controller Stick Drift Problem by toys2seven(m): 12:28am On Sep 30, 2018
sundaygray:

Have you fixed one before? Can you help fix it? I can drop something for the time and stress. I've bought like four controllers in no space of time. The analog keeps drifting.

Thanks
Re: Xbox 360 Controller Stick Drift Problem by donvalo(m): 7:52am On Sep 30, 2018
toys2seven:

Have you fixed one before? Can you help fix it? I can drop something for the time and stress. I've bought like four controllers in no space of time. The analog keeps drifting.

Thanks
Boss u don buy like 4 ke! I think dis drift issue is applicable to all of d newly produced wired 360 controllers. Don't know if Microsoft intentionally produced dem to frustrate us in order to buy more unknowingly to us dat d same tin wud still happen or probably all dis set of controllers which av flooded d market are fakes....I wish I can get someone who can help fix dis issue on with my own cos av bcom skeptical on buying a wireless​ 360 or Xbox one controller avin d same fear dat I might encounter d same issue. Òwò jona be dat....
Re: Xbox 360 Controller Stick Drift Problem by toys2seven(m): 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2018
donvalo:

Boss u don buy like 4 ke! I think dis drift issue is applicable to all of d newly produced wired 360 controllers. Don't know if Microsoft intentionally produced dem to frustrate us in order to buy more unknowingly to us dat d same tin wud still happen or probably all dis set of controllers which av flooded d market are fakes....I wish I can get someone who can help fix dis issue on with my own cos av bcom skeptical on buying a wireless​ 360 or Xbox one controller avin d same fear dat I might encounter d same issue. Òwò jona be dat....

I'll be buying a HAVIT controller next. It's like N7k but I heard it lasts. I only need someone to give me a personal usage feedback.
Re: Xbox 360 Controller Stick Drift Problem by donvalo(m): 11:58pm On Sep 30, 2018
toys2seven:

I'll be buying a HAVIT controller next. It's like N7k but I heard it lasts. I only need someone to give me a personal usage feedback.

Does it work out of d box like Xbox controllers. Cos ordinary Ucom and d likes dey last wella too and it's just 2k. Except say d Havit controller dey emulate any game like Xbox I see no reason for it...

(1) (Reply)

Why Good Products Fail / In need of a PS3 / Childhood Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.