Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,498 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

2003 Election:the Scary View - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 2003 Election:the Scary View (556 Views)

I Asked An A.I To Tell Me A Scary Story And This Is What I Got / Weird Tales : A Collection Of Short Scary Stories. / 15 Strange And Scary Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2003 Election:the Scary View by shreder(m): 10:57am On Sep 19, 2018
For a 13 yr old boy livin in the slum of Delta State,tins can only get worse,wen its election time,it gets horrible.This year is one of dose years u look back on with nostalgia,excitement mixed wit fear for ones life.This year is 2003.Oh,dose problem dat ushers in election in 9ja,well it didnt start dis year it started last december.
B4 christmas,all of a sudden evrywhere became tense,yung bois of my age and older all seem to b hvin issues wit eachoda.I didnt undastand,my mom wont let me go close.Ahh!,my mom,she prevented alot of bad tins nd few gud tins frm as she nd my authoritarian fada were dis strong religious lot who were tryin to kip me off evil influences.I leta discovered,A boy told me,he did more dan just tell me he showed me.A dark piece of metal,am sure it was The U.S.A's army state-issue back in 1719.A gun,an old gun but still effective wit all its pride and respect.It was hidden in an uncompleted buildin.Men!,I wasnt scared,I was curious,I wnted to try it out lyk dey did in movies.......TBC
Re: 2003 Election:the Scary View by shreder(m): 11:22am On Sep 19, 2018
He didnt let me.He den told me dat dere was an ongoin recruitment into this major party for the upcomin election and gave me the promise of receivin alot of money as well as havin my own gun.I wanted to accept but den I thought of d dangers of it
"wat if dem cum shoot me?"I asked wantin to knw if dey also hv life insurance,he replied by wavin his hand
"We go go Aaphaike na".Aaphaike is a shrine in d market place,it was bushy and scary.The thought of goin dere turned me off.
"Make I tink abt am"I replied.Throughout d day I tried to cover up d fear of goin to Aaphaike wit d thought of gud cash cumin my way,well I succeeded.I got home and probably out of excitement spilled d news to my mom
"Wat!"she shouted,drawin lyk a pound of blood out of my system cus of fear already
"Wu told u dis?"she added.Long story cut short,later dat night my mom went to d bois moda to warn her and her son.Dat was how I escaped a dreadful recruitment but more problems are about to unfold each day dat brings us closer to election...TBC
Re: 2003 Election:the Scary View by shreder(m): 11:40am On Sep 19, 2018
We were livin in a compound,face me I face u,owned by one family,unlikely for us d family was a large one and u knw d troubles dat cum wit it.One day a member of d family Broda Fred and his senior broda,Broda Sam were both at each odas throat.Dis were men pushin 35.Leta in d evenin I overheard our neighbours wife tellin my mom d cus of d issue.The brodas were both members of d two diffrnt political parties contestin.Dis was d beginnin of a bloodbath experienced allova my swit city Warri.D nxt day,we awoke to d sounds of gunshots.Thugs of both parties were at war and evrybodi remained indoors.It didnt take long b4 it stopped but from den on it was a marathon race till d middle of nxt year.D nxt day all d men were summoned and a local vigilante was formed.My fada was part of it.Three days on,d gunshots started increasin.My fada went out one night to guard against d wish of my moda who begged im to leave d job to d yunga men.Two minutes leta,he hurriedly bolted into our house nd closed d door quickly and afta...
Re: 2003 Election:the Scary View by shreder(m): 11:57am On Sep 19, 2018
whisperin wit my mom for sum few seconds,my mom asked im to lie on d couch in our cramped up room and parlour and den she asked us to cover im up with all d clothes in d house.Dere was a knock at our door,my mom ansad.My mom just started a scrabby,cheap school in d area cus of dat she was well respected bcus she was takin care of alot of pipos kids.Evryone called her "Aunty" d way we address female teachers in Warri.D man asked in a rather loud voice cosiderin d tym of d day but wit respect
"Where dat man wey run pass?"He asked.Through our key hole,I cud see all dat was goin on.The man askin was a tall man wit a gun,chubby which made im luk lyk a giant.
"I nor knw o,which man?"my mom replied and he left.D nxt mornin,I saw bullets on d ground but dat wasnt d only tin I noticed,I noticed a huge five hand on my fadas face.Later dat day I discovered dat d boy who showed me a gun was attacked.His family rather,his moda was raped along wit his sista nd his fada shot dead,he was d target but he wasnt arnd
Re: 2003 Election:the Scary View by shreder(m): 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2018
Pls judge my write-up
Re: 2003 Election:the Scary View by shreder(m): 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2018
Jus nid one comment plsss
Re: 2003 Election:the Scary View by Sukakma(m): 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2018
Continue with the story..

1 Like

Re: 2003 Election:the Scary View by Born2Breed(f): 1:19pm On Sep 19, 2018
shreder:
Jus nid one comment plsss

Area!!! We dey here.

1 Like

Re: 2003 Election:the Scary View by shreder(m): 3:15pm On Sep 19, 2018
Born2Breed:

Area!!! We dey here.
Yes na,nor knw d mata
Re: 2003 Election:the Scary View by shreder(m): 3:30pm On Sep 19, 2018
The next day was evn worse.Allthrough d nights,no one cud sleep,dere was gunshot evrywhere,We cud hear sounds of doors being broken down,luckily for us,mayb cus of my moms prayer,dey didnt cum to our house.In d mornin dere was cryin evrywhere,several cases of rape,death and so on.The police didnt dare cum to my area only soldiers but dat was afta d election.Den Bros D,a neighbour,stated runnin den evryone did d same but it was a false alarm,he claimed a rat climbed his leg.It wasnt too long b4 I saw a large group of boys approachin all armed wit guns,we all took shelter where we cud,I ended up in a neighbours house.They came to our compound and asked us all to cumout and we obeyed.D one dat seemed to b d leader spoke first.He warned us all to leave dat compound cus d family dat owned d compound had some members in d opposition party meanwhile d entire area was dominated by their party.He also warned evryone against votin anioda party dan diers den dey left.
Re: 2003 Election:the Scary View by shreder(m): 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2018
That day 95% of our neighbours left.D nxt day,d rest left apart frm us.My dad is just too stubborn,my mom pleaded wit im but he refused.He claimed dey didnt mean wat dey said.We packed our load to a frnd in d nxt compound not unda same threat.My dad wasnt hapi,he asked us to go bring dem back.Mom had it up to d fullest and she wanted to leave to seek shelter in a nearby church.My dad didnt allow me to go wit her.Dey bickered for sum tym den mom toke my yunga ones and made haste for d church.She neva made it to d church.She returned back to tell us about d bois who warned us,dat dey were approachin.Wen she got to d compound it was already aflames few pipo were dere to quench d fire.She bust into our house evn dough it was ablaze but we were not dere,we passed through d window and fled d house d moment it was set ablaze.Wen she came out,she saw me outside wit a bucket of water and detergent to quench d fire,she was so hapi,she asked about my fada,I pointed im out.She was so happy,neva seen her lyk dat before.
Re: 2003 Election:the Scary View by shreder(m): 4:12pm On Sep 19, 2018
Well my dad had no option but to join my mom in d church.We werent d only ones dere,it was lyk d entire street was dere.D church was big but d place still got filled up.Livin lyk refugees is no easy task o.Now let me focus on d cus of all dis.There was two parties,AxD and PxP.Our area had more AxD membas dan PxP,so none members or dier families were attacked.Although members of dis parties usually receive handsome cash frm d parties,d best choice was to b nonpartisan.All dose in PxP were killed down to one who fled d area and frm rumours,he slept at difrent hotels evrynight.Dis party bois were so strong.Apart frm d strength of youth,dey were empowered with diabolical powers.Believe Me,I hv seen sumone bein shot and notyn hpnd.Dey cud vanish,dey cud stand infront of machine guns and notyn will hppn to dem.Dier bravery alone was not natural.My mom wud always tie my belt to her wrapper to ensure I dont leave herside at night.Dis bois had more points-agenda dan satan.Dey kill,rape,steal nd destroy.
Re: 2003 Election:the Scary View by shreder(m): 4:14pm On Sep 19, 2018
Get ready for part two named 2003 Election:For Warri!
Re: 2003 Election:the Scary View by shreder(m): 4:31pm On Sep 19, 2018
Abeg oo,pls comment o,Na my motivation b dat
Re: 2003 Election:the Scary View by Sukakma(m): 10:06pm On Sep 19, 2018
Fire on!!
Re: 2003 Election:the Scary View by shreder(m): 11:44pm On Sep 19, 2018
Part 2
Dere was dis story of a yung maiden just cumin back frm NYSC at night obviously she wasnt aware of d tinz hppnin here.Till dis day I cry weneva I rememba dat she was raped,we all knew who did but who get dat mind to talk.Gud tin is dey all got killed d last one who didnt get killed ran mad,I saw him few days back.Now back to my family,livin in d church was so difficult so we decided to go stay wit an uncle in a beta,high class area.We moved dere but leta we had to liv cus his wyf made us uncomfortable.D day we returned,we met soldiers on our way and you knw naija soldiers wit harrassment na,we had to raise our hands for a long time till we passed an entire battallion stretched out on d road.We returned back to d church.For reasons unknwn to us dey neva attacked d church.One day,dere was huge exchange of bullets btwn d army and d thugs.U just had to cover ur ears.Laslas,dier leader was killed and few arrested.Wen it was mornin d soldiers hv left by den,a persons house was attacked,he was accused.......
Re: 2003 Election:the Scary View by shreder(m): 10:07am On Sep 20, 2018
of snitchin out to d army and bein partial wit his loyalty.D man had dis metal protector as his gate but strangely it was bent backwards to let dem in.Dey dragged im out nd dey shot im in a kneelin position.Eva wondad hw d party passed dose guns to dem?,It was through Natives of d community.For PxP,d native was so rich nd popular.Funny enuff,he wasnt evn in dis country,he had pipo sendin both d cash and d guns to d bois.One day dere was a visitation to his modas house.She gave all d cash her son sent to her but dey refused.She was shot dead,by her syd was the bag of money her son sent.Rumours had it dat it was her sons party bois who shot her bcus dey felt her son was usin dem for rituals to earn more moni while odas claimed it was d opposition dat did it but d former is the truth. Afta d death of his moda,he came to Naija to bury her nd decided to go to d bank first dat was wen his own bois attacked im dere.He begged nd promised large sum of moni but it fell on deaf ears.Dey accused im of money rituals
Re: 2003 Election:the Scary View by shreder(m): 7:10am On Sep 21, 2018
and shot im ryt dere.The main reason dey shot im was so dey can receive moni frm d party directly.The terror on the street continued.Pipos houses were burgled,no one culd do anytin.Election day came and I saw dem carry d snatched ballot box ryt pass my face.Two days leta d army came to d street.There was curfew frm 6 till dawn.There was a day I had to ease myself at night.Wit no toilet arnd I had to go to a nearby bush.While squattin in total darkness carryin out human nature dere was a loud bang den a Bullet wizzed past frm my back.I didnt check to see if it hit me,I jus ran straight into d church.It didnt hit me dough.
After d election miracoulously,all d terror bois started dyin one by one.It was either d soldiers killed dem or dier opponents did.There was one jus cumin back frm the club and was gunned down immediately.Anoda was so fetish dat he was almost impossible to get but dey did.There was anoda whose spiritual powers failed im after receivin alot of bullets and he bleed to death atlast.
Re: 2003 Election:the Scary View by shreder(m): 1:04pm On Sep 22, 2018
School resumed afta election.Although d violence was gradually fallin down there were still traces of it.The violence cudnt stop bcus d guns are still wit dis bois and dey hv tasted d cruel powers of a gun and now dey are addicted.Now the rate of rape cases was alarmin.A 72yrs old woman was raped.Dat was d end of rape cases and d rapist.Frm our all Knwin rumour mongers in d compound,d woman placed a curse on d bois and dat she went as far as visitin a native doctor.True enuff,it didnt take a year before we heard of sum bois dyin mysteriously.One of dem confessed b4 death.He was a party boi of PxP,he was among the bois dat raped dat corper as well.Charles was his name.A fair-skined boy,not dat tall abt 5'7,bow legs,short flat nose and an innocent face.He was normally a peacelovin boy untill d elections started.He confessed dat dey raped d women and d corper for spiritual fortification.His moda cried allthrough,not blivin d words frm her sons mouth.
Dey all died by d way,all d party bois,not one remainin.
Re: 2003 Election:the Scary View by shreder(m): 1:18pm On Sep 22, 2018
I rememba a tym in class,d teacher was goin on abt hw hardworkin he was as a student while preparin to flog sum of us for failin our assignments den vwola!,gunshots,d teacher was a new teacher jus posted here,he wasnt used to d sound of bullets sprayin nearby.He flinched and ducked while we d students remained calm.We were already used to d sound.It was lyk words to our ears soundin warnins against Electoral violence to us.His attitude drew alot of cheers and lafter frm us sum much dat it cused sorrow and pain to our palms and buttocks.Tins leta bcame calm although leta effects of violence was still felt.Dos who participated in d electoral violence ended up badly,sum died,odas ended up in prisons,sum squandered dier wealth nd now dey are beggin dos dey robbed and molested to give dem food.Obviously not.
2019 is cumin,youths SAY NO TO VIOLENCE,just VOTE,dont carry arms for any party.Dis parties only care for demselves,it isnt worth dyin for.I remain SHREDER d numba one SPENDER untop LEARNERS
Re: 2003 Election:the Scary View by shreder(m): 9:35am On Oct 03, 2018
jpy
Re: 2003 Election:the Scary View by shreder(m): 4:03pm On Oct 03, 2018
Should I ryt anoda??
Re: 2003 Election:the Scary View by shreder(m): 10:56am On Oct 05, 2018
New part cumin soon

(1) (Reply)

Lost Glory Of The Literature Section. / Content Writers Needed / Diary Series; Twerk Your Butt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.