Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:06 AM

How To Become A Successful Real Estate Investor - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Become A Successful Real Estate Investor (415 Views)

Become A Visionary Real Estate Investor. / Ways To Avoid Being Scammed As A Real Estate Investor / Tips To Becoming A Successful Real Estate Developer - Fow World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Become A Successful Real Estate Investor by muhibat18: 2:26pm On Sep 19, 2018
A real estate entrepreneur or a real estate investor to an extent is someone who actively or passively invests in real estate.
An active investor may buy a property, make repairs and/or improvements to the property, and sell it later for a profit. A passive investor might hire a real estate firm to find and manage an investment property for him. Typically, investors choose real estate for several reasons: cash flow, capital appreciation, depreciation, tax benefits and leverage.
We can also put it this way, a real estate investor is an investor who invests in the real estate market and purchases property with the intention or vision of building wealth. Real estate investors may either purchase residential or commercial property, or a combination of both, based on their specific investment objectives.
Successful real estate investors are not made overnight. It’s not easy to succeed in real estate investing, but there are some tips to become a successful real estate investor:
1. Get Educated.
It’s obvious you do not need a special license in order to learn how to become a real estate investor, but we would strongly advise you to get some knowledge in the field. This does not necessarily imply that you need to obtain a certificate or get a diploma. However, it is important to be prepared and know what steps to take when buying an investment property. Getting educated about real estate is very important. Remember, you can’t give what you don’t have.
You should learn about properties investments that have the ability of producing income, the strategies involved, the current market situation, infact get familiar with every bits of information you can lay your hands on. This will take you a step closer to becoming successful real estate investors.
2. Design Your Business Plan.
A business plan is a very important strategic tool for investors. A good business plan does not only helps investors to focus on the specific steps necessary to make business ideas succeed, but it also helps them to achieve both their short-term and long-term objectives. As an investor, having a business plan helps you to define and focus on your business ideas and business strategies. Property investors or potential investors must have a written business plan before venturing into investing. Ensure you have a thorough business and financial plan that demonstrates the likelihood of success and how much you will need for your business to take off.
With this business plan you will derive detailed budget expectations for investment property purchases and rental property repairs. It can outline your expected rental income, cash flow, rental strategy, and expected return on investment.
3. Determine Finance.
It is very important for every property investors or first time investors to determine how they tends to source for its finance. A business without adequate finance will surely die off. Remember, money is the bicycle of evangelism, so I say money is the space ship of a successful real estate investment.
Determine how you want to source your finance, to be a successful real estate investor, you need to determine where and how you want to fund your investment either through a good bank, loan brokers, investors, crowdfunding, personal savings or through family and friends.
4. Consider Your Location.
The success of a business is the determinants of its location. One of the foremost parameters that define a good real estate project is its location. A property’s location determines a number of factors that can have impact when investing. Such as, safety, comfort and financial future. Investing in the wrong location can be a very expensive mistake.
5. Talk To a Realtor/ Real Estate Agent.
Henry Ford once said that when you hire people who are smarter than you are, it proves you are smarter than they are. You need to hire a person with more education and experience than you. Remember I once said a realtor is like a Moses, He will take you to your promise land. A realtor will help to guide clients to make the right choices for themselves.
6. Surround yourself with like-minded individuals.
This is a vital ingredient to becoming a successful real estate investor. Remember you have to surround yourself with the same kind of person you want to become; same thing applies to real estate investment. The kind of people you mix with is a determinant of your success, iron sharpen iron. Surround yourself with positive people who celebrate your desire for change, willing to help you with your goal and are ready to take a walk with you.
You can drop your comments or ask questions in the comment section,

Re: How To Become A Successful Real Estate Investor by Geosystem(m): 2:32pm On Sep 19, 2018
I love real estate. Anyone can dabble into it. Even my old baba landlord in my university days has raked in so much as a landlord to student, fetching cool cash.

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Successful Real Estate Investor by muhibat18: 2:38pm On Sep 19, 2018
Geosystem:
I love real estate. Anyone can dabble into it. Even my old baba landlord in my university days has raked in so much as a landlord to student, fetching cool cash.
Good to hear this,
have you started working on raking up your own cool cash too through RealEstate?
Re: How To Become A Successful Real Estate Investor by Geosystem(m): 5:25pm On Sep 19, 2018
muhibat18:

Good to hear this,
have you started working on raking up your own cool cash too through RealEstate?

sure I have started

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Successful Real Estate Investor by muhibat18: 7:02am On Sep 21, 2018
Re: How To Become A Successful Real Estate Investor by muhibat18: 6:08pm On Sep 26, 2018
Landbanking is the best investment you can key into,
Land is #assurrance......contact us today to guide you right on your property investment and construction. 08021083781 / 09051115871

(1) (Reply)

Tastefully Finished 7 Bedroom Duplex / Affordable Land In Owerri- Cedarwood City Estate. Ready To Build / Do You Know? You Can Earn Extra N450,000 Monthly And Still Keep Your Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.