Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,569 members, 7,837,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India (41520 Views)

Nigerian Man And His Indian Wife Arrested For Duping Government Of Over N15M / Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic / Nigerian Man And His Indian Girlfriend Arrested For Duping Job Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by hisexcellency34: 9:54am On Sep 20, 2018
Biafra citizens embarrassing Nigeria since 1800AD

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by Dantedasz(m): 9:57am On Sep 20, 2018
Why is the Asian detective holding the Nigerian man's hand?
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by ybalogs(m): 9:57am On Sep 20, 2018
Ifeanyi Nwafor is not a Nigerian name abeg. Stop tarnishing our image please.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by alizma: 9:57am On Sep 20, 2018
damiloladuke:
Why do all these Asian Police love snapping photos with Nigerian criminals caught in their country. Seems they need it for promotion.
you think it is easy to catch a Nigerian criminal?

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by foreshore(m): 9:57am On Sep 20, 2018
damiloladuke:
A Nigerian ex-footballer, who is a former State-level football player, and his Indian wife were arrested on Monday in India for duping people on the pretext of custom clearance for gifts sent by them, the police said on Wednesday, Times of India reports.

They have duped a social worker, the police said.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (Dwarka) Anto Alphonse said that the accused, identified as Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor, who has played for three State-level teams in Chennai and Kerala, and his wife were arrested from Dabri on Monday.

The police said that the social worker, who runs an NGO, approached them and said that one George Moor, a UK-based man, had requested her to accept gifts for the poor in India.

She said she then got a call from a woman, who claimed that she was from the Customs Department and that the complainant would have to pay money to receive the gifts. The victim paid over ₹1 lakh on two occasions. She, however, got suspicious after more money was demanded.

After she approached the police, an investigation was taken up and bank account details were sought. The CCTV footage of the ATMs from where the deposited money was withdrawn were also scanned, after which the accused were arrested.

“During interrogation, it was found that Nwafor is from Nigeria. In 2009, he had come to India on a business visa. In 2012, he came in contact with the woman [his co-accused] through Facebook, who is from Assam. They later started living together in Delhi and eventually got married,” Mr. Alphonse said.

The police said that Nwafor made several fake Facebook accounts approach people through the social media. After taking them into confidence, he used to tell them about sending precious gifts for them. His wife used to pose as Customs officer and call them, they said.

The police claimed to have recovered over ₹6 lakh that they had collected by from different people by cheating them.

Mobile phones, jewellery, laptops among other articles have also been seized, the police further said.

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-ex-footballer-wife-held-for-fraud-in-india/

This Indian people self, they are so local!! I thought it was a photo shoot
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by mbjsuki(m): 9:59am On Sep 20, 2018
damiloladuke:
Why do all these Asian Police love snapping photos with Nigerian criminals caught in their country. Seems they need it for promotion.

Pictures don't lie!
Their view and understanding of evidence is different from ours. When pictures were taken with all the officers,each will have his/her proof or evidences on the case or matter as it is for future reference so you don't come back and say the "James Ibori" in that picture is not the one here standing next to you! They go as far as to obtain finger prints to make it difficult for denial.
You can't possibly kill and denial all facts if it's presented that is their view.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by helphelp: 9:59am On Sep 20, 2018
damiloladuke:

Lol
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by OloriAjayi(f): 9:59am On Sep 20, 2018
NCAN over to you.May people in clay road republic how market
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by Mulatta(m): 9:59am On Sep 20, 2018
Since nobody is shouting afonja I will shout it
AFONJA!!!! AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA AFONJA. AFONJA!!!! Why
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by manikspears: 10:03am On Sep 20, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Biafra citizens embarrassing Nigeria since 1800AD

lol, the guy was playing for headwarmer FC cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by meforyou1(m): 10:04am On Sep 20, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
so india na asia
yes naa
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by j1mmy: 10:05am On Sep 20, 2018
PLEASE SPREAD THIS MESSAGE AROUND SOCIAL MEDIA!

This is an appeal to all Nigerians living or visiting any part of the world.

Please anytime you see IGBO people at any airport or streets around the world, call police - you will be saving the lives of other Nigerians.

I have called the police for over three dozen IGBOs at airports and cities in Asia, Middle East, Europe and Africa, many were found with drugs, 419 gear and other contraband on their person or at their homes.

As a Nigerian you can spot them easily by some traits.

If you want to get more respect at airports, cities, and streets as a Nigerian, you need to ensure the people responsible for the bad reputation of Nigerians abroad are stopped.

Research shows that many places where blacks (not just Nigerians) face sudden humiliation, racism, rejection and abuse were caused by IGBO drug dealers and 419 operatives having been in the news for the wrong reasons. The recent one I saw even black American men are now stopped and searched in Japan because of IGBO drug dealer and criminals there. Hotels in some Asian countries now refuse blacks thanks to IGBOS, Thai police now have a task force for blacks until I educated them on IGBOs. Singapore, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Dubai, and many others think blacks should be banned at airports since IGBOs started the drug trade and 419 there - The list goes on. Everywhere I have asked for data on Nigerian criminal activities I get IGBO names, anywhere I go ontrips and check for black criminals - IGBO people emerge!

IGBO people have for over 50 years destroyed the Nigerian passport in all corners of the globe leading to ill treatment and humiliation of innocent Nigerians daily at many airports and cities around the world.

Because of religion and stupidity, most Nigerians tend to accept collective blame for crimes that are predominantly done by IGBOs - they are simply described as Nigerians!

5 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by manikspears: 10:05am On Sep 20, 2018
ybalogs:
Ifeanyi Nwafor is not a Nigerian name abeg. Stop tarnishing our image please.

what is it then,my professor ?
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 20, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
so india na asia

India is an Asian country.
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by Olumeme: 10:06am On Sep 20, 2018
I know say na Igbo he go be. They will do anything for money.
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by QuickStandard: 10:08am On Sep 20, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
so india na asia

No na America

You have data but you don't know Google is your friend.

shocked kiss

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by Lordofthewest(m): 10:09am On Sep 20, 2018
excomarow:
NAME: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor

REGION: Southeast

Na dem again

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by Dammylois(f): 10:09am On Sep 20, 2018
Indian police officers go arrange themselves snap picture with criminals like it's an occasion...... One s even smiling, what's funny abeg,??
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 20, 2018
j1mmy:
PLEASE SPREAD THIS MESSAGE AROUND SOCIAL MEDIA!

This is an appeal to all Nigerians living or visiting any part of the world.

Please anytime you see IGBO people at any airport or streets around the world, call police - you will be saving the lives of other Nigerians.

I have called the police for over three dozen IGBOs at airports and cities in Asia, Middle East, Europe and Africa, many were found with drugs, 419 gear and other contraband on their person or at their homes.

As a Nigerian you can spot them easily by some traits.

If you want to get more respect at airports, cities, and streets as a Nigerian, you need to ensure the people responsible for the bad reputation of Nigerians abroad are stopped.

Research shows that many places where blacks (not just Nigerians) face sudden humiliation, racism, rejection and abuse were caused by IGBO drug dealers and 419 operatives having been in the news for the wrong reasons. The recent one I saw even black American men are now stopped and searched in Japan because of IGBO drug dealer and criminals there. Hotels in some Asian countries now refuse blacks thanks to IGBOS, Thai police now have a task force for blacks until I educated them on IGBOs. Singapore, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Dubai, and many others think blacks should be banned at airports since IGBOs started the drug trade and 419 there - The list goes on. Everywhere I have asked for data on Nigerian criminal activities I get IGBO names, anywhere I go ontrips and check for black criminals - IGBO people emerge!

IGBO people have for over 50 years destroyed the Nigerian passport in all corners of the globe leading to ill treatment and humiliation of innocent Nigerians daily at many airports and cities around the world.

Because of religion and stupidity, most Nigerians tend to accept collective blame for crimes that are predominantly done by IGBOs - they are simply described as Nigerians!

Nobody reads trash again.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by Olumeme: 10:10am On Sep 20, 2018
I know say na Igbo he go be. They will do anything for money.
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by semyman: 10:11am On Sep 20, 2018
Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor, that's all
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 20, 2018
I don't even bother with the News I just know it's my Brothers. I have no respect for those ones inly the real guys hustling Business mushwwwww.

Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by Hoodbilonia: 10:21am On Sep 20, 2018
gst 121
where is india located
africa
asia
middle east
meforyou1:
yes naa
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by QuickStandard: 10:31am On Sep 20, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
gst 121
where is india located
africa
asia
middle east

So middle east is now a continent?

Ignorance is bold
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by SEGLIZ: 10:32am On Sep 20, 2018
damiloladuke:

Same with your Nigerian police. even here in Nigeria they will tell you fraud but you end up seeing guns lined up in front of fraudsters. we thought them to do this you think they don't watch your news?
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by Hoodbilonia: 10:34am On Sep 20, 2018
u never mature
QuickStandard:

So middle east is now a continent?

Ignorance is bold
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by Kaiser94(m): 10:34am On Sep 20, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
so india na asia
India na America he dey abi...

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by Owned: 10:39am On Sep 20, 2018
grin

Igbo Amaka

Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by CreamyBanana(m): 10:41am On Sep 20, 2018
no matter the job these developers do, they will still join crime to it. and yet they want to produce a president. Tufiakwa. give these developers president and they will sell Nigeria to buy cocaine.
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by opportunities12(m): 10:49am On Sep 20, 2018
grin grin grin grin
excomarow:
NAME: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor

REGION: Southeast

Na dem again

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by MrMou: 10:49am On Sep 20, 2018
Na them! grin grin
Even Wikipedia get description for them!

*****Etymology
Greek plagios "oblique, slanting," from PIE plag- "flat, spread," from *plak, and cephal Modern Latin "head, skull, brain," together means flat head.*****

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiocephaly

Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by mechanics(m): 11:01am On Sep 20, 2018
All in the name to get rich quickly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mother: "Seun Ajila Was A Virgin On Her Period, Raped & Stabbed To Death" / Indian Police Parade Nigerian Woman For Allegedly Killing Her Lover.Photos/Video / Agboghidi Irabornehi Wanted By Police In California, N9M Reward Involved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.