Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports (18363 Views)

FAAN Bans ‘Ghana Must Go’ Sacks At Airports / All Female Air Traffic Control Personnel Take Charge At Airports (Photo) / South Africa Frustrates Evacuation, Arrests Home-bound Nigerians At Airports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by Grayxme: 6:19pm On Sep 21, 2018
The Federal Government has directed the Nigeria Immigration Service, to with immediate effect, put an end to the payment of fines by Nigerians holding dual citizenship at the nation’s International Airports.

The Minister of Interior, retired Lt.- Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau, stated this in a statement issued by Dr Mohammed Umar, Permanent Secretary of the ministry, in Abuja.

Dambazau, in the statement, said that the directive was in line with President Muhammadu Buhari’s resolve to make movement easy for Nigerians with dual citizenship to come into their fatherland unhindered.

READ ALSO: I am contesting Oyo South Senatorial seat, says Ajimobi

The statement quoted the minister as saying that ” as a new government policy, on no account should any Nigerian traveller holding dual citizenship pay fine for so-called overstay”.

The statement said that the minister restated that it was a crime to ask or pay any money in that regard.

Dambazau stressed that under the new policy, “citizens with dual nationality should only present both travelling documents of their countries of nationality to the immigration officials upon arrival and departure, regardless of whichever they are using to travel”.

He emphasised that the NIS should ensure immediate compliance with the new government directives as government would sanction any Immigration official found collecting such fines henceforth.

The statement said the minister further directed that Nigerians with dual citizenship should report any Immigration official who imposed such charges on them to the appropriate authorities.

https://punchng.com/fg-stops-levy-paid-by-nigerians-with-dual-citizenship-at-airports/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by Stone123(m): 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2018
Anything for the dullard to trend.. I do not think anyone has ever paid this levy.

anyways, ftc things dedicated to lovers of democracy!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:36pm On Sep 21, 2018
God bless our PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by BruncleZuma: 6:37pm On Sep 21, 2018
grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by Lexusgs430: 6:37pm On Sep 21, 2018
I have not known anybody pay this levy before .......... Propaganda news .....

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by Tedpgrass: 6:37pm On Sep 21, 2018
What levy??

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by BedLam: 6:37pm On Sep 21, 2018
post=71403103:
On the thread where cholera killed 60 plus, you were calling god. Ashawo!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by Neimar: 6:38pm On Sep 21, 2018
anytin for President Buhari to trend grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by finestiyke(m): 6:38pm On Sep 21, 2018
Oh
Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by naijacentric(m): 6:38pm On Sep 21, 2018
Rubbish is dis one anoda election package
Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:38pm On Sep 21, 2018
Good move.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by tstx(m): 6:38pm On Sep 21, 2018
Lucky Nigerians

see my signature
Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by berryford: 6:40pm On Sep 21, 2018
undecided

Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by Richy4(m): 6:41pm On Sep 21, 2018
Who and where is the appropriate authority?

It's just like reporting a police officer that might be acting according to his boss's command over bribery..or #100
Likewise the immigration official might have been told to collect...

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by Naijageak(m): 6:42pm On Sep 21, 2018
Nice one
Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by Naijageak(m): 6:42pm On Sep 21, 2018
Richy4:
Who and where is the appropriate authority?

It's just like reporting a police officer that might be acting according to his boss's command over bribery..or #100

Nor b small

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by emperorblog(m): 6:43pm On Sep 21, 2018
is ir a crime to hold dual citizenship again

check ma siggy

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 21, 2018
It's a good development but who got time for Naija these days..

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Bros this used to be standard immigration procedure at MMIA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 21, 2018
Buhari administration accomplishment grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2018
Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by CableWire: 6:53pm On Sep 21, 2018
LIES... there's nothing called levy for dual passports. I ve been airport official since 2008 where I ve profiled uncountable number of passengers travelling abroad and have never heard of this if not today.

8 Likes

Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by planetx13: 6:55pm On Sep 21, 2018
Nice move from Fg.....

Meanwhile please who let that killer mai suya up there off his chains

Ciao
Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by BedLam: 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2018
post=71403157:

Why are you following us EVERYWHERE?
We don't think you are normal o!
I love you too

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by lexy2014: 6:57pm On Sep 21, 2018
post=71403103:
who started this policy?
Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by ogabs20(m): 6:57pm On Sep 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:
do you know anyone that has travelled out of the country before?

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by olatade(m): 6:57pm On Sep 21, 2018
increase miminum wage for us to take you serious

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by Lexusgs430: 6:58pm On Sep 21, 2018
uba1991:
u dont av dual citizenship, ur fuuuuuucking moda dont av dual citizenship, ur entire family never travelled abroad. how then ll u know? GOD BLESS BUHARI

You sound very frustrated .................. Sorry to upset you, I actually have dual nationality status .........

3 Likes

Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by Lexusgs430: 6:58pm On Sep 21, 2018
renewa29:

Bros this used to be standard immigration procedure at MMIA.

I have never experienced it before .............

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops Levy Paid By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship At Airports by daywatcher: 6:59pm On Sep 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Me too

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Egypt Visa Application For Nigerians A Disaster / High-speed Electric Trains Ferries Muslims During Hajj Pilgrimage In Saudi / Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.