Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Javascript/ajax Or Flash - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Javascript/ajax Or Flash (718 Views)

Form Validation Tutorial Using Javascript, Php And Ajax! / How To Use Ajax (asynchronous Javascript) / Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Javascript/ajax Or Flash by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 06, 2010
I had a little debate with a Website developer, over which is more preferable in creating esthetically effects on websites, between, our old time pal (Flash) and the New Buzz (Ajax/Javascript).

I want to hear from developers which they prefer in creating stunning effects, so as to decide what new moves to make in learning!

Now, i support Ajax/Javascript. When i hear some comment, i can give reasons.

Peace.
Re: Javascript/ajax Or Flash by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 07, 2010
Ajax/Javascript has been before flash came out? Just that it became more popular as more browsers support it.
Well, there are limitation to what javascript and flash can do. As an experienced developer, you need to consider
several things to decide on what is best. But personally, i prefer to use javascript. But sometimes, some clients will
request specifically for flash animation.
Re: Javascript/ajax Or Flash by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 07, 2010
Mostly, when one wants to do a nice gallery or slideshow, it's always Jscript that passes in that,

But some kinda effects like Adverts or Rolling and Jumping text, developers mostly capitalize on Flash,

The guy i even had the discussion with, was quick to show me soundcity's site, that does not load, cause of excessive use of flash!

Suckz!
Re: Javascript/ajax Or Flash by virtualn(m): 5:33pm On Jul 07, 2010
I prefer jquery. Allows you to play with images, divs, texts, you know can really bring life to websites.
Re: Javascript/ajax Or Flash by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 08, 2010
Let me be more practical. The only time i do flash animations is if javascript cannot carry out the task properly. Or when i am in great rush to complete the site.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Someone That Can Make A Facebook Canvas Page / Make A Simple Cms In Five Hours / I need website training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.