Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,399 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

What Papers Do I Need To Drive My Car Down To Cotonou Through Seme Border - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What Papers Do I Need To Drive My Car Down To Cotonou Through Seme Border (5068 Views)

Get instant cash 4 your distress cars & don't allow dealers tie your car down / Buy Your Car In Cotonou Through Chucky Autos, We Guaranty Your Peace Of Mind / Pick Your Choice Cars From Cotonou At Cheaper Rate, Follow Us To Cotonou Today ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Papers Do I Need To Drive My Car Down To Cotonou Through Seme Border by elms: 1:25pm On Jul 07, 2010
House, I probably think this should go to the travel section but i really need to know what papers i would need to drive my car from Lagos to cotonou through Seme border so as not to be disturbed by the authorities in Benin Republic. Please people who have done this before should help me out. I am on an official assignment for a month in Cotonou and i really need to be mobile. If you also know the cost of procurement of these papers, you could help me out. I will get the ECOWAS brown card from nigeria but i don't have an international drivers' license and i was told i could be issued a license to drive in Benin Republic at the border. I urgently need professional advise.
Thanks
Re: What Papers Do I Need To Drive My Car Down To Cotonou Through Seme Border by elms: 3:00pm On Jul 07, 2010
still waiting for advise
Re: What Papers Do I Need To Drive My Car Down To Cotonou Through Seme Border by elms: 9:25pm On Jul 07, 2010
I still need professional advise
Re: What Papers Do I Need To Drive My Car Down To Cotonou Through Seme Border by chelseabmw(m): 10:28pm On Jul 07, 2010
where are these car dealers?
Re: What Papers Do I Need To Drive My Car Down To Cotonou Through Seme Border by chelseabmw(m): 10:31pm On Jul 07, 2010
IF POSTER IS LOOKING FOR A CAR NOW
U GUYS WILL ALL PRESENT URSELF HERE

U GUYS ARE NOT YET TO BE FOUND
Re: What Papers Do I Need To Drive My Car Down To Cotonou Through Seme Border by elms: 5:15am On Jul 08, 2010
I'm still waiting for advise from the gurus
Re: What Papers Do I Need To Drive My Car Down To Cotonou Through Seme Border by elms: 7:07am On Jul 08, 2010
still waiting
Re: What Papers Do I Need To Drive My Car Down To Cotonou Through Seme Border by elms: 10:09am On Jul 08, 2010
Is there nobody on nairaland that can help with this? I need urgent advise
Re: What Papers Do I Need To Drive My Car Down To Cotonou Through Seme Border by Consensus: 11:09am On Jul 08, 2010
My advise to you is to post this question on the individual threads of each of the Cotonou dealers. They will be in the best position to advice you since they obviously go there regularly.
Re: What Papers Do I Need To Drive My Car Down To Cotonou Through Seme Border by Onwan: 11:18am On Jul 08, 2010
@OP
Go to customs office in Ikeja and ask them, the other option is to drive to Idi-Iroko (border) - to get the permit you will need (usually specified in days) BUT its better you to the Ikeja Customs place and present your papers, assignment and requests - It gets easier that way than wasting time online.
Re: What Papers Do I Need To Drive My Car Down To Cotonou Through Seme Border by elms: 11:33am On Jul 08, 2010
Onwan:

@OP
Go to customs office in Ikeja and ask them, the other option is to drive to Idi-Iroko (border) - to get the permit you will need (usually specified in days) BUT its better you to the Ikeja Customs place and present your papers, assignment and requests - It gets easier that way than wasting time online.
Onwan,
I think you should exercise some restraint any time you are trying to help people out
What do you mean by wasting time online, you think that if i was in ikeja, i would be asking this question in this forum? I used to give you some level of respect but you just dey fall my hand. Cool down a bit and be polite when replying posts. I just read a post that you were practically irritable (concerning the autoreg stuff).
If you dont have information about a matter just pass on.
For your information, I am not in the country at the moment and will be coming in over the weekend.
Anyone who can help out, i am still waiting.

1 Like

Re: What Papers Do I Need To Drive My Car Down To Cotonou Through Seme Border by Onwan: 11:38am On Jul 08, 2010
@Elms
You are taking it the wrong way; Its not like a customs official will send you the permit online, you have to go there in person - thats what I am saying AND by wasting time online, what I am refering to is the urgency you have pointed out in your post and your "still waiting" posts.

There is no dealer that has such permits for up to 30 days, usually you park your car in Igolo and take a cab into town, so like I said, you can wait for as long as you want online OR simply drive to the Customs place and get something real. This is my point; maybe it will be clearer now.
Re: What Papers Do I Need To Drive My Car Down To Cotonou Through Seme Border by elms: 11:41am On Jul 08, 2010
@onwan
Thanks for the enlightenment
Re: What Papers Do I Need To Drive My Car Down To Cotonou Through Seme Border by Consensus: 12:15pm On Jul 08, 2010
Onwan sure has a very vital point. Go to the real authorities and get the real deal/enquire about the real deal and give yourself the total peace of mind, rather than assume someone online may be able to help you, or may give you advice, which may or may not be accurate advice.

Wish you the best of luck in your new role.
Re: What Papers Do I Need To Drive My Car Down To Cotonou Through Seme Border by larryshow4(m): 12:51pm On Jul 08, 2010
@poster,

you posted this question in my thread and i answered it there immediately you posted it, its something i have done before and doesn't cost that much, anyway, give me a call on 08068890653 to feed you all your information,

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2002 Toyota Highlander Toks: Highly Clean / FANTASTIC Offer:very Sharply Used 2006 Infinity And 2005 Lexus GX470 For Sale / Fresh 2010 Hyundai Ix35 Selling In Port Harcourt For 2.7m sold sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.