Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

I Gave Out My BVN To A Money Loaning App; Is My Account At Risk? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Gave Out My BVN To A Money Loaning App; Is My Account At Risk? (8276 Views)

How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account / How To Remove My Bvn From Loan Apps / Is The Gmoney Loaning App A Legitimate Loan Platform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Gave Out My BVN To A Money Loaning App; Is My Account At Risk? by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 24, 2018
Sometime ago,I registered with a popular money loaning app for funds,and I provided my BVN as demandand.But I couldn't repay as of the stipulated time so they deducted the "loaned fund" from my account.

No further debit again so far but is my account safe in future? Was the question I asked my Bank and the answer was "YES"

But I don't trust our banking systems.
What measures can I take to safeguard my account?
Re: I Gave Out My BVN To A Money Loaning App; Is My Account At Risk? by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 24, 2018
Just your bvn?

No credit or debit card details?

You sure as hell didn’t borrow from your bank where you have the account so how was the money deducted?

1 Like

Re: I Gave Out My BVN To A Money Loaning App; Is My Account At Risk? by Immaculatesnow(m): 12:01pm On Sep 24, 2018
People with 2naira for go dey complain of BVN when big men no dey bother, my guy op your BVN is safe nobody go steal the same money way there go loan you lol.

Abeg for anybody who has a verified Nigerian AdSense account come sell the account to me
Re: I Gave Out My BVN To A Money Loaning App; Is My Account At Risk? by Springsdy456958(m): 12:08pm On Sep 24, 2018
Lilisticlili:
Sometime ago,I registered with a popular money loaning app for funds,and I provided my BVN as demandand.But I couldn't repay as of the stipulated time so they deducted the "loaned fund" from my account.

No further debit again so far but is my account safe in future?
do you mean the loaned amount was deducted from your bank account..
Re: I Gave Out My BVN To A Money Loaning App; Is My Account At Risk? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 24, 2018
Springsdy456958:
do you mean the loaned amount was deducted from your bank account..
indeed
Re: I Gave Out My BVN To A Money Loaning App; Is My Account At Risk? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 24, 2018
mrAMG:
Just your bvn?

No credit or debit card details?

You sure as hell didn’t borrow from your bank where you have the account so how was the money deducted?
card CVI or what was asked,the 3numbers at d back
Re: I Gave Out My BVN To A Money Loaning App; Is My Account At Risk? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 24, 2018
Lilisticlili:
card CVI or what was asked,the 3numbers at d back

As long as you willingly dropped your card details, they will automatically deduct the money as at when due.
Re: I Gave Out My BVN To A Money Loaning App; Is My Account At Risk? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 24, 2018
mrAMG:

As long as you willingly dropped your card details, they will automatically deduct the money as at when due.
my fear now is unknown-future deduction
Re: I Gave Out My BVN To A Money Loaning App; Is My Account At Risk? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 24, 2018
Lilisticlili:

Most unlikely but if it happens, reporting to the right authorities and even a lawsuit will take care of it
Re: I Gave Out My BVN To A Money Loaning App; Is My Account At Risk? by goldenceo1: 4:13pm On Sep 24, 2018
Lilisticlili:

Defeat your fears. Try this few tips:

1. Change your details on the app to some fake info in case their system got compromised in the nearest future.
2. go to your bank and block the atm card you used in applying for the loan and get a new card.

Hope this helps!
Re: I Gave Out My BVN To A Money Loaning App; Is My Account At Risk? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 24, 2018
goldenceo1:

Defeat your fears. Try this few tips:

1. Change your details on the app to some fake info in case their system got compromised in the nearest future.
2. go to your bank and block the atm card you used in applying for the loan and get a new card.

Hope this helps!
how about BVN?
Re: I Gave Out My BVN To A Money Loaning App; Is My Account At Risk? by goldenceo1: 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2018
Lilisticlili:
how about BVN?

Nobody can used ONLY your BVN to withdraw your money. They need your bank card info I.e cv.v /pin and access to your phone message/contact to initiate a forceful withdrawal.

(1) (Reply)

Please Avoid This Loan App Called Fairmoney. / Zobo Branding Idea / $540 Million Deal - Can Anyone Crack The Winning Numbers For U.S. Mega Lottery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.